Ratings for Dr. Marion E. Buchsbaum

Dr. Buchsbaum is my ideal dermatologist. She is no-nonsense and I like that. She has helped me with a skin condition that I struggled with for years and no other doctor could quite clear it up. It isn't just that she knew what to do, but she encouraged me to help myself to clear it up. She really understands what it's like to be a FEMALE with a skin condition. Although she is very serious, she is still caring and kind. I will continue to see her forever. There are some staff in the office that I find to be unhelpful and gruff but oh well what can you do. I will still go there anyway.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

Staff was officious, bordering on rude. They hadn't received a referral from my insurance company. The office administrator informed me that she had checked a couple of times over the last couple of days and no referral had come in but never called. I said that my physician had sent it in. She said. "No that is your responsibility. Your primary care doctor did not send it." She gave me a form saying that I was responsible for any cost if the insurance company didn't pay. In fact, I have a concierge doctor who had sent it in. It turns out that there is a bottleneck at the insurer. She also told me curtly that I had to leave my coffee outside because they didn't allow beverages in the office. The substance of what she said was not terrible, but her tone was unpleasant. Anyway, I felt that I didn't need to give my business to a doctor whose staff was officious bordering on rude. I left. I rated punctuality and knowledge at 3 because rateMD needed it.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2013

Dr. Marion E. Buchsbaum's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)