Ratings for Dr. Dana Giacalone

Dr. Giacalone has performed two procedures on my feet. One was for the repair of a non-healing fracture and just last week an Austin bunionectomy. Dr. G geniuninely cares about her patients and is a very talented surgeon. Both my surgeries were extremely successful. I was astounded that 5 days after my bunionnectomy, I had little pain, limited swelling and almost no bruising. Hopefully I won't need any further surgery, but if I do, I wouldn't go to anyone but Dr. Giacalone.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Although Dr Giacalone was nice and seemed helpful and knowledgable enough, the $1000 cash I paid for cold laser treatment of a rather mild case of toenail fungal infection was a total waste! I completely believed form her anecdotal stories that it would work, but it just got worse. She not only charges $1000 for this 30 minute treatment, but charges another $500 to repeat it when it doesn't work the first time. I was so disappointed I couldn't stand it. I finally bit the bullet and got the liver tests that allowed me to use generic Lamisil, which cured the problem completely in a few weeks. I only wish I had gone this route to begin with. I am very well versed in alternative medicine, and cold laser treatment of fungal infections is one treatment I will NEVER recommend EVER.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2012

I unfortunately would not recommend this Dr. After 6 months of care, multiple mistakes from orthotics part of the practice(with no effort to make it right) and $1000 out of pocket expenses I am no better than I was when I started. Although the medical staff was nice I found the orthotics side to be incompetent.I always felt like I was being rushed in and out from the Dr. I found it to be substandard medical care.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2011

Great doctor. Very pleasant and helpful.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2007

Excellent foot surgeon. Very knowledgable. Listens to questions. Down-to-earth style. Her office (Foot and Ankle Associates) is conveniently located on Grapevine Highway. Friendly office staff.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2006

Dr. Dana Giacalone's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)

HealthPartners