Ratings for Dr. Alan H. Seplowitz

Does not care about his patients at all. Overdoes everything. He must think he's some sort of great untouchable human. I believe he suffers from nihilistic personality disorder. If not, he sure behaves that way ...

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

Terrible experience. He ignored me and my symptoms. My medical problem became worse and I had to be hospitalized. He truly does not care about a patient. I truly believe he should not be practicing medicine.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2014

Very textbook. Educated but limited. Numbers only doctor. Lousy communicator. Robotic. Cannot think out of the box. Negative, doesn't smile. By the examination table he has a big file labeled "Deceased". Have thyroid cancer, need to see an endo every 3 months the rest of my life. His receptionist took advantage of my being pleasant and repeatedly interrupted sessions with the doctor to complain about other patients, putting the doctor in a foul mood. Plus side: during the appointments he would go over my file, slowly. However, he never informed me of the critical test result, the tumor marker, before the appointment, I had to beg his receptionist for that info, every time. He repeatedly was quick to take the most drastic course of action, another round of 200 mcs of radiation, which would very likely trigger leukemia, without waiting to see what the next tumor marker test result was, which went down. Not interested in treating my chronic fatigue or sleeplessness.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2013

Excellent doctor! I will never stop seeing him. He took all the time in the world to listen to my history and too careful notes on all my symptoms. He is very thorough and able to explain to me in simple terms what is happening. I was not textbook case, and yet he was immediately able to help me and prescribed to me the correct medication. I felt better immediately! The only negative I'd say is that it takes forever to see him, even when you're one of his current patients. To re-schedule, it takes 2 months! But I'd say he's worth every day you wait and I found a pot of gold in terms of treating my hypothyroid problem. I'd recommend him 100%!!!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2010

This doctor is rated as one of the best in NY but I found him to be all text book knowledge. If you have a problem and are looking for a doctor to see outside the box don't go to him. He was pleasant and probably good if you have a straight forward case that is text book. I don't know why I had to wait for more than 3 months to get an appointment. I've been to much better endocrinologists

flag | Submitted September 21, 2009

Very knowledgeable and compassionate. Highly recommended by other doctors.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2008

Great Doc.! Takes his time, reads past records and test results before he sees you, not while you sit there! You are #1 for him while in his office! Will not allow interruptions during your appointment unless someone in critical condition!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2007

This guy took the most thorough history I have ever had taken, we just talked for an hour the first time I saw him. Amazing. He is up to date on all the weird obscure literature that someone like myself might find on the internet, and took time to explain everything he was thinking about. Very good at listening. My problem was minor, his care was completely adequate and appropriate.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2006

Dr. Alan H. Seplowitz's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1972)