Ratings for Dr. Jonathan E. Hodes

Dr. Hodes has taken very good care of me and my mom. I would highly recommend him. Thanks for taking very good care of my mom and I.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

Dr. Hodes is the best, he helped give me my quality of life back from a rare brain disorder. He is very caring and will take however much time it takes to answer all questions his patients have. Dr. Hodes is very good at what he does and I would recommend him to anyone. His steady hand kept me from being paralyzed by a very serious surgery! I now have an 8 inch scar up the back of my head that is mostly covered up by hair thanks to him not using staples like most surgeons do! He also has a great personality. Without Dr. Hodes and his great staff, I would still be without full use of my legs. With a surgery most surgeons will not do, Dr. Hodes stepped up to the plate and gave me back my life. I will forever thank him for doing such an excellent job on my brain surgery!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

Saw him in hospital when my dr was on vacation. Not much personality and didn't seem to care about anything other than making an appearance for a paycheck. I was ready to be discharged & he filled out Rx for pain med, but didn't sign it. Then left and refused to come back to sign, saying he was off duty and my dr would be back the next day, so I could spend another night in the hospital. Hope I never run across this narcissist again.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2016

my name is larry dewayne shive , doctor hodes gave me my best opportunity to live. i had brain cancer surgery with a very small opportunity to communicate or even survive . it has been 22 months since surgery this is my own typing right know. this story after surgery i could not read ,write or tell you the majority of pictures of any cars, plants ,or products of there correct names. and DR HODES finding me doctor DR LAROCCA who gave me an opportunity to trust me to teach myself to read and right. now the person below complaning DR HODES job is to give you the best chance to celebrate each day you live after meeting a doctor . thank the lord he led me to DR HODES

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Someone should report Dr. Hodes. I trusted this doctor and so I returned to him after excruciating pain sent me back to the E.R. - pain that ran up my neck and head and down my shoulder and arm - pain so severe that it brought sharp, eye-watering, cannot-sit/rest/swallow/sneeze or even cry pain. But incredulously and boldly, this neurosurgeon who performed my ACDF just 1 year prior declared that my problem was “depression.” His hallways are a circus, as he uses them to hang out with his pretty assistant plus staff members, so walking tests are far from private or dignified. As I see it, Hodes lacks maturity. After expressing concern to his staff about my balance issues (I had been falling from a standing position) mockingly, he actually baby-talked to me as one would a wobbly toddler, sticking out his lips and shaking his head side-by-side side; then when I returned to his office 6 months later - once again, Dr. Hodes mocked my instability issues - this time by "dancing" with me face-to-face (backwards) in the open hallway, mambo-style. Realization that I was dealing with a substandard medical office came just 6 weeks post ACDF when I was declared a "miracle patient" by his very sweet, very attractive, but strangely unqualified assistant who upon viewing my x-ray said that I was already "60-70% fused" - of course this is an impossibility in mere weeks. Then she observed that my titanium plate was very crooked, which brought a giggle out of her as she recalled Dr. Hodes habit of high-five-ing staff members when the plates are straight.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

Dr. Hodes helped me through a large cerebral aneurysm. He performed new and up to date procedures which corrected by issues with less invasive methods than many other physicians.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

I had a Microdiscectomy on 11/5/14 and Dr. Hodes and his staff have been awesome through the whole process. I had immediate relief after waking up in recovery and have continued to improve as I recover. Dr. Hodes and his office have been very professional and informative. I trust them enough where I would recommend my family to them. That's the highest compliment I give!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Could not walk or get out of bed for almost a year without pain, called and got micro d surgery for herniated disc and was pain free right after surgery 8 yrs later feel fine. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

flag | Submitted September 6, 2014

I had heard many good things about Dr Hodes, the first time I met him he was a little odd and did not spend much time with me, he ordered some tests and said we would go from there. His nurse practitioner was very good and thorough. When my tests were completed and I returned for my visit he did spend a lot of time with me explaining the back problems I have and how we should proceed. He seems very competent and knowledgeable. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014

The staff was awesome and the doctor was wonderful. Great place!

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013

Dr. Jonathan E. Hodes's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)