Ratings for Dr. Heather Stairs

Dr Stairs has been my family's physician for many years now, however recently when my wife was in the hopsital I lost all respect for her. During the 3 weeks my wife was in the hospital we saw Dr. Stairs roughly twice a week, and when we asked the nurses when she would be in next they avoided the question before the resource nurse told us that she did not come in to see her patients as often as some other doctors. On the Friday after my wife was admitted she began having itchiness and had an odd rash on her back, Dr. Stairs looked at her and told her that it was just from lying in bed and told me to put a moisturizing cream on her, but by the next morning the rash had spread to her stomach and legs. The physician who was on call for the weekend realized she was having an allergic reaction to the antibiotic that she was taking and stopped it, and asked if dr stairs had seen the rash the day before as it was "odd" that she wouldn't have stopped the antibiotic. If it wasn't for the on-call doctor my wife could have died. Dr. Stairs should stick to delivering babies, I would not trust her to look after my family or friends again

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

In my opinion Dr Stairs failed in all respects in the care of my loved one. Rating F for Fail

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

I have been with dr stairs for 23 years . she is a wonderful doctor. I never have trouble getting an apt. I had a child young and she was so wonderful and never looked down on me .i would not want any other doctor but her taking care of my family and me

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

Dr Stairs has poor patient communication skills she is unable to read test results accurately. She has made grave mistakes in the health of her patients and their care . She should stick to delivering babies . Those patients can do that at home if they had to. She has limited knowledge in most care options for patients other than those that are pregnant. Has absolutely no compassion for families and will not make calls back to family. Angie is an ignorant receptionist given way to much power by this doctor to give information over the phone to patients and advice that should only be given by a doctor . This is one of the worst GP 's in the Maritime Provinces.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

I have been going to Dr. Stairs for almost 20 years. She is amazing - most down to earth Dr I have ever seen. Angie is amazing as well. Always returns my calls immediately when I leave a message. I don't why people are giving Angie poor reviews. I find her professional and friendly. She is also very organized and doesn't overbook patients. Dr Stairs and Angie are a great team. The office is being run efficiently and organized. I will be very upset whenever Heather retires.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

I have been going to Dr. Stairs for 20 years. She is incredible. Always friendly, joking, great sense of humor. She saw me through the birth of my two children and continues to see them. I am very lucky to have her as a doctor. I have never had any problem scheduling an appointment. Angie is great and anytime I need something urgent she gets me in or my boys in every time. I don't know why anyone would say she doesn't answer the phone? If she is busy and can't get to the phone, you can leave a message and she will call back. Most offices don't even offer that option. Sorry to read these negative comments, clearly these people have no idea what a great office this is! I appreciate you Dr. Stairs and Angie. Thank you for all your years of dedication!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

She has been my family's Dr for many years. On time and extremely professional. I am extremely grateful to have such a wonderful Dr for my family.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2016

Best doctor ever, we moved t9 saint john but refuse to find a doctor here none come close to our family physician. You can't get any better than the best and she is the very best. Been taking care of my family for sixteen years. Angie, the receptionist is always busy with calls and files and keeps things running smoothly, at times she seems very occupied so people think she's not the best. But I think she is, she always returns my calls and is very quick to make sure my perscriipton needs are met from a distant, she too is an amazing , organized person who does her profession proud.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

Dr. Stairs is my boyfriends doctor and gratefully took me in, she is a wonderful doctor and is very knowledgable. Her receptionist is awful though, the phone is always busy when I try to call and make an appointment, as if she just leave the phone off the hook so she doesn't have to answer it. It is very frustrating to take hours to get ahold of her. She is also not a very welcoming person to see when you walk in the door, not friendly. I think Dr. Stairs needs to find new help.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Dr. Stairs is great, but her receptionist sucks. She never ever picks up the phone, I can try calling all day long and not get an answer or the phone is busy. She does not reply to voicemail either. She makes me feel uncomfortable when I am in the office as well. Dr. Stairs should definitely consider hiring new help.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015