Ratings for Dr. James V. Chabala

He sent home meds without any instructions. After being told about being in pain he proceeded to flick my face saying "does this hurt?". He also completely disregarded anything that i said about my own body/symptoms. He was THE WORST doctor i have been to. I would recommend that if you value your health, stay away from him.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2013

This was the worst visit ever. My wife left her appointment with James Chabala in tears. She has a heart condition and was told by him that it didn't exist...'it was in her head'. Not sure why this guy even practices. If you loathe people and going to work, find something else to do. Never see this guy....

flag | Submitted January 8, 2013

1st of all I was a new patient and he walked in, didn't introduce himself, and said in a condescending voice w/ ashrug, "so...why are you here?" I was uncomfortable right away, he cut me off several times when I tried to explain something to him, then basically rushed me out. I was the last patient there so it makes sense why he was so short with me. His assistant handed me 2 scripts on the way out, but she did not tell me they were just copies and that she already called them in. I stood in line FOREVER at a nearby pharmacy only to find out they already called it in to my regular pharmacy. Rude and incompetent staff and doctor. Will never go back

flag | Submitted June 26, 2012

I would definitely not go to him again. He is arrogant and seems to lack medical knowledge.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2011

Dr. Chabala almost killed me, literally! He actually thought I was faking my illness and sent me home with a ruptured appendix. Days later when my pain had substantially increased, I was rushed to the hospital where I stayed for the next 3 weeks and endured three separate surgeries and procedures to correct his mistake. What should have been a routine diagnosis and surgery turned into a year of pain and recovery for me because Dr. Chalabal was too busy judging his patient as "melodramatic" (his actual word) instead of running simple tests which would have told him there was a real problem. I have even talked to another doctor who used to work with Dr. Chabala, and he said their practice let Dr. Chabal go because he was a "medical liability."

flag | Submitted August 12, 2008

Excellent doc. The group he works for has some admin problems, but his care and concern are way above average. My whole family has seen him for 20 years. He is the best.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2008

DR Chabala is always very friendly and knowledgeable. I have migraines for years and never could get relief until Dr Chabala. I am very grateful. He never seems rushed and always listens. Thanks. DF

flag | Submitted March 9, 2007

Dr. Chabala is very helpful with most issues. He seems often rushed and trying to run through the appointment though. Wait times can be long. He listens well for one or two issues, then he seems to want to rush out. all in all, he's pretty good.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2006

Dr. James V. Chabala's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)