Ratings for Dr. Richard L. Hunley

My PCP physician retired and sent our charts to this office. I ran out of a prescription and they would not refill it until I came into the office. I called 3 days in a row and was left on hold for over 10 minutes on each call. My appointment was at 1210 and I checked in at 1140 thinking I'd need to be early because I was a new patient. They only accept check or cash for copays, so I submitted my check and waited and waited and waited....At 12:40 my height and weight was taken and I was taken back to the office. I was asked the basic questions and left in the office until about about 1:20 when I had to aske when I would be seen, since I was on my lunch break. NP Hunley came in about 10 minutes later and said she had to look for my chart. I would have thought it would have been ready for my visit. She could not figure out how to write a prescription for my allergy nasal spray and had to ask her father, Dr. Hunley. Even after this she did not seem to know what to do. She asked for my pharmacy and wrote the address and phone number on a piece of blank computer paper. Then she proceeded to write a rough draft of how she would write my prescriptions. I left at 2:00 with a promise that my prescriptions would be called in. Well, four days later I go to my pharmacy and guess what?! The prescriptions were never called it! I've never had to wait in PCP's office that long and have never experience that level of incompetence from a medical professional in my thirty years of life.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

Dr. Richard L. Hunley's Credentials

• Univ Of Va Sch Of Med, Charlottesville Va 22908 (Grad. 1974)