Ratings for Dr. Roy Musgrove

Dr. Musgrove was my physician for over 25 years. Not only is his receptionist a giant witch, but I went to him multiple times complaining of constant headaches and his solution was to prescribe me some plain old Tylenol...I had tried multiple types of over the counter pain killers to get rid of my headaches and nothing worked (he was aware of this). The last time I went I insisted that he send me for an x-ray or CT Scan. He ended up sending me for an X-ray and I received a call two days later telling me that I had Chronic Sinusitis. Who knows how long I've had that going on?! And all he did multiple times before was try to give me some over the counter pain meds instead of trying to find the underlying cause. Needless to say, my entire family and I switched to a different doctor.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

I was shocked at some of the coments made about Dr. Musgrove. I became a patient of his at the age of 18, 40 years ago. He delivered all three of my children. My youngest son would not be here today if it wasn't for him recognizing that he had something rare. My son was sent to London and later received a liver transplant that saved his life. He is not rude . When talking to a doctor, show some respect and you will get some in return.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

I couldnt have felt more like a waste of his time! Granted I was probably his last patient of the day, but I would expect in the medical field there is no such excuse. I am 28 years old and had just been released from a detox center and was struggling. I came to him for 3 reasons: extreme anxiety, bloodwork needed and referral to a psychologist. When he walked in he was joking around and had a smile on his face, this made me feel comfortable. But as soon as we discussed the reason I was there his tone and demeanor changed and he was dismissive and pushy. Before I knew it he was out the door and I only got paperwork to get bloodwork done. To be honest I cried my eyes out in the car because the person I thought could help me saw me some piece of trash addict who apparently was a waste of his time. This old school way of thinking has got to change. He and many other doctors are medical professionals and need to leave that old prejudice at the door and realize that disease comes in many forms. Im sure he is a great doctor to many, but he morals are to be questioned. This is my personal experience and I dont wish to tarnish his reputation but I feel that if people who struggle with substance abuse should seek help elswhere.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

I have felt with Roy for a while on weekly basis when I was a kid for allergy shots eel lent experiences

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

Terrible Doctor, will not see patients at for purpose of examination, only to supply script for meds, has no bedside manners,time to retire.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2013

I have found that this doctor has absolutely no bedside manner - he has treated a family member in a nursing home and literally walks away from us when we ask questions. On more than one occasion we asked him to check in on our relative - simply prescribed medicine without an examination of the patient. In the final days he had no time for us and was not interested in answering any of our questions. It is unfortunate a caring doctor could not have been there.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2010

A very uncaring physician. He is too quick to prescribe meds. to heal the pain, & not diagnose the simptoms. Absolutly 0 bedside manners. It's obvious he doesn't enjoy his work.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2009

My father was very ill and I went with him to see Dr. Musgrove, his family Dr. for many years. Dr. was reluctant to answer questions (we had many), never even touched or examined my father & told him to see a specialist. I INSISTED he have a lung xray and the technician advised I take it back to Dr. to review immediately, I did. While I was sitting in the office waiting I heard him say to his nurse in a very put out tone, "I was hoping I wasn't going to have to bother with this but now I guess I have to." Not bother with a man who has been your patient for many, many years? He proceeded to tell me to see the specialist, offered no additional information. Dad died two weeks later, not as a result of anything this Dr. did or didn't do but his attitude & comments were so uncaring. My brother and I were never happy with the care Dad or my mother received at this clinic but could never persuade them to leave. I think my mother will think twice about it now.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2009

I must admit that I seem to have a long list of ailements that keep me trekking to the doctor's office more often that I'd like, and apparently more often than Dr. Musgrove would like. I'm not talking about colds and flus, I'm talking some pretty serious and unpleasant stuff. Unfortunately, I rarely get the feeling that Dr. Musgrove has the time of day for me. "Here's a prescription, good luck." or "Here's a referral, you should be fine" is pretty much how I feel I'm treated. I think I'm a very pleasant person, and I've been seeing Dr. Musgrove for some 20 years. I really think I deserve more than a pat on the head when I come in with a debilitating condition. My family keeps begging me to find a new doctor but I just don't have the energy to start with someone new. So, I write this commentary with the hopes that it helps others make informed decisions about choosing Dr. Musgrove as their family doctor. I won't even comment on the 6 months it took to diagnose my last illness..

flag | Submitted January 27, 2008

I find him to be a very efficient doc. . He only allows 5 min. per patient , which is understandable, considering the amount of patients he sees in a day & also only works at office 3 1/2 days a week. He sometimes at the end of a work day is frazled which again is understandable. He has always given me the best of care for the 20 some yrs. I've seen him.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2007