Ratings for Dr. R Tuli

0/5 for everything. The whole place is rude and only cares about money. Go elsewhere. Compare prices and costs by other doctors then tell me they aren't just after money.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

Dr Tuli saved my eyesight. He is great with his staff and is q unite charming

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

Dr Tuli has operated twice on my eyes, i would be blind if not for him - a very good surgeon and doctor.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

J'ai rencontré Dr. Tuli et je l'ai trouvé très froid, Mon rendez-vous était à 13:10 et il était là et il est parti sans prendre de patient jusqu'à 14:20, inacceptable, il ne répond pas à nos questions, se fou complètement des patients et je ne retournerai jamais le voir... Aucunement à recommender. punctuality 0 / Helpfulness 0 / Staff 5 1/ Him 0.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

Dr Tuli may very well be a good doctor, although at the end of my experience with him, I was not so confident. His "bedside" manner/ personal interaction with his patients was atrocious. I found him bordering on rude. He did not read my chart before he came in and on two occasions I left a visit with him in tears. He did not know who I was, my age, what procedures he had done, what medications he had prescribed (none) nor did he seem to care if he got it right. I was treated like a number not a human patient. I am guessing the goal at the retina centre is to get as many patients processed in a day....big bucks!!!!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

Excellent office, well run , efficient..best in the country!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

My experience with this doctor was somewhat unusual. He checked my eyes thoroughly and it seemed to be quite an aggressive examination. He seemed to pinch, squeeze and rote the eye in its socket. He pushed the gurney abruptly away from the wall perhaps to get a better view of the eye. He may have just been extremely focused on the task at hand and not taking the time to explain what he was doing and or what I should have expected. He questioned me about the other doctors who referred me to him and about my own doctor. He seemed irritated with my responses which were truthful and accurate. He asked if I were on ODSP which I am not. I left there feeling like I had been judged for being a senior or taking medial leave to be there. He seemed to bee upset about something. He is probably a dedicated doctor but my impression was that he is overworked and needs some rest and relaxation. I observed him talking with a beautiful young lady who was in the same waiting room that I was in and he seemed delighted to chat with her and it gave me the impression he was a very pleasant individual. I was rather surprised how his demeanor had changed when he was talking to me after the examination. Most people had left the area since it was after 4 PM by this time. I really do not believe I did or said anything that should have upset him. I really hope that this is just how he is with some patients and that there is nothing of concern. I understand from reading the posts on this site that specialists are few and far between in Canada so I should just accept that you have to take them as you find them and check your feelings at the door :)

flag | Submitted November 30, 2014

I had a Vitrectomy Surgery for a macular hole. Unfortunately in my case it is far from a success. After 2 months I went for my last visit. I told dr Tuli that I see 2 images, one on top of the other. It is like if my right eye (good one) look ok but my left eye look upward. i.e. two images. Dr. Tuli seems very surpise so he told me that he was finish with me and if my Ophtomalogiste cannot correct it, to call him and he will send me to an other specialist. I'm waiting to see my ophto... For now i'm unable to read and I have to watch my steps as I see double ground, double of everything I'm looking at.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2012

Dr. Tuli has been treating my retinopathy for a year now, and is still a man of few words, but will explain anything you ask, and WILL take the time to explain. He's been a great support to me, and reassures me when he can. But he is way overworked and is trying tohelp as many people as possible; hence, the waits. I see that he doesn't even take a lunch, he eats in between patients....I have to respect someone who will work like a dog to make sure we're taken care of. But his reception staff need lessons in customer service....they NEVER answer the phone and take days to respond to a phone call and frankly don't care. But I will go back because he's the best in the area and he knows what he's doing. I am terrified of doctors but I trust him.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Tuli,once a year for ten years. I first saw him in 2001 when I suffered a detached retina in my right eye. He knew I had been born prematurely just from looking in my eyes. I suffered the second retinal detachment in my left eye in 2005. I have to say that if I hadn't been sent to Dr. Tuli I would have lost the sight in my right eye completely, because the detachment had been more serious than he had expected when he got in there. I have been seeing him so often that it's too the point that he or Tara (staff) call me by my first name only. My mom says it just shows you how long I've been seeing him as a patient when they know you. I don't do well when it comes to surgery I get so nervous that I cry, Dr. Tuli saw me crying before one of the numerous procedures that he has preformed on me he came over to me and started patting and rubbing my shoulder. Now,not many surgeons would ACTUALLY take the time. I have been very blessed to have him as my doctor and surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2011