Ratings for Dr. Vincy Yam

Since moving to the new office things have gone downhill. Most of the new staff are rude and unhelpful, there is 1 who is kind and helpful but I don’t see her there very often. Being a patient of Dr. Yam for over 20 years it’s sad to see how bad it is now. The wait times to not only get an appointment but to then get into a room when you are there are awful. I’m constantly referred to the after hours clinic for things that I should be seeing her for. Also they say they answer phones all day however I have noticed since moving to the new clinic that they actually put the phones straight to voicemail for around a hour everyday, I’m assuming for lunch. If that’s the case they should be making patients aware they are doing that, not letting patients think they are answering all day.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2018

I have to agree on one of the comments before on the move, new staff, and Dr Yam herself. The change. It use to run so smoothly and we are taken care of well. Now...it's not as good. I've been with her for many years. Getting to know the new staff and all the new things that is going on behind the scene that wasn't like that before when they were at the old location. When she runs behind, she seems angry...and it's hard to talk to her as she is trying to rush my visit and my time isn't taken care of so my concerns for seeing her isn't there too much. My kids misses the old staff there before , they've gotten use familiar faces ever time they went into the clinic. They eased my kids from being scared of the doctors! So I am thankful for them when they were around.. Dr Yam is an okay Doctor, could be better but for now, she's quite good and what she has done in the past! So thank you for the good times before!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2018

I was a patient of Dr. Vincy Yam for about 12 years. I have a chronic condition and had to see Dr Yam frequently and often had to see her without waiting a week for an appointment. Dr. Yam was always thorough, very encouraging and reassuring and never made me feel like I was taking up too much of her time. If I had an emergency, she always made time for me and I always felt I was in very knowledgeable and competent hands. I moved out of Alberta and have had to find a new doctor. I have not yet found someone as caring or as thorough as Dr. Yam.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2018

When I first started seeing Dr. Yam, she was proactive and you felt taken care of. Not sure what changed over the years, now the visits are perfunctory, you are kept waiting, the emphasis is on tests and I had an instance of delayed treatment because she didn't physically check me or her own historical notes when I mentioned symptoms. Ishe lost all my trust when I caught her lying to me.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2018

Since moving to the new location, and with new staff, things have gotten bad. Appointments are late, and Dr. Yam seems moody and always impatient. She doesn't listen to new symptoms, just keeps writing the same prescriptions and making threats if you don't improve yourself. Not happy.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2018

I have been seeing Dr. Yam for many years. I have always felt cared about. She is knowledgeable, and is always willing to listen to my needs. Sylvia is amazing and always helpful with my questions and with getting me in to see Dr. Yam.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

Dr. Vincy Yam is a fabulous doctor and I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

I've been seeing Dr. Yam for years she is very thorough and attentive. I would recommend her to anyone best doctor ever.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

Dr Yam is nice and seemingly attentive but does not seem to have adequate knowledge or experience. I continuously walk out of the office with no definite diagnosis on symptoms that come up.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

I also agree with the person's comment of Oct 27,2012. Dr Yam does make you feel like you are wasting her time. Five years ago I was in a car accident I called her office and was told that she could not see me and to go to a Physiotherapists. I was bruised all over, the therapists wanted to know why I was there and not at the doctors. I made an appointment for the next day to see Dr Yam and when I did see her she didn't exam my injures at all, let alone touch me. she stood back like I had some sort of contagious disease. After months of going back to her consistently telling her that the pains I had were not going away. She kept telling me it was in my head and I was a consent complainer. Finally 2 years after she would send me to these places that they either wondered what I was doing there or they couldn't help me as no MRI's were done so finally she sent me to a doctor who in short could not believe no MRI was ever done . After further testing from this other doctor it was discovered that I had injured 3 discs and my SA joint in the accident. 5 years after the accident my new doctor took care of my knee injury , it was discovered by MRI that the meniscus in my knee is torn which according to Dr Yam there was nothing wrong with it. What kind of doctor lets someone walk around in pain for 5 years and just tells them its in their head and to quit complaining. All she is good for is if you are having a baby

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015