Ratings for Dr. Patrick Barnabe

More than happy to wait given that he takes the time to listen ane doesn't hurry me out.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2018

Great gp. Very attentive and knowledgeable. He spends the time with each patient which is why he can be late. His receptionist always has a great word for each patient.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2018

This guy uses fat shaming as his back up. Even if you are 30 lbs above the 'healthy weight'. He is not helpful. Just writes scrips to get you out of his office. And the wait times are brutal. 2 hour wait beyond my appointment time and I had shown up early. Thank goodness for free street parking. His new receptionist is much better than the previous one.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2018

Makes multiple appointments for the same time, then keeps everyone waiting while he does paperwork in his office. Receptionist has no information when patient asks when he will be seen. Just expects patients to sit and wait as though they have all day to sit around. Zero concept of customer service or basic decency and respect.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

Very bad experience with this doctor. I am overweight (bmi of 32) but he referred to me as morbidly obese as soon as he saw me. I am active and have taken many steps to reduce access fat. One of the reasons i have a high bmi is due to the fact that i have high % of muscle. He ignored this fact, using the scale and age/ height to determine that i was obese and then berated me for it. Unprofessional and incorrect. Told me i was at risk for diabetes (my blood work is fine btw) that my liver is enlarged (i got a second opinion and it is not). When i asked for advice since id had a difficult time with weight loss he said "obviously eat less. No carbs" I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. Not only is this advice completely opposit from what a nutritionist and my regular doctor told me but he was rude and unprofessional.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2018

Dr Barnabe has been my Dr for several decades. The fact that I'm still around is a testament to his good care. Sometimes you have to wait because he spends the time he needs to with his patients. His assistant is great; always a kind word.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

Fernandel impersonating Barnabe was very funny. He is not. He is a big zero. Not able to make a diagnostic. Must have found his diploma in a pop corn box.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

He is incompetent, he had a lot of patients from the Hispanic comunity because he can speak Spanish but he doesn't really care about his patients. I was his patient a few years back when I didn't spoke English and he left the room several times to answer the phone that his secretary relay that he had a phone call. He also left me with the instrument inside me He was doing a pap test inside of me while taking a phone call. Please avoid him at all cost. You have better luck in a walk in clinic.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Terrible doctor. He treated me poorly arrogantly dismissing my concerns as a patient. More specifically I had been complaining for months of severe digestive problems that made me feel terrible and limited my activities and diet. I had years before had H. Piloris bacteria and was treated successfully by a previous physician while living in another city and clearly felt I was having it again only worst. He refused to test it or give me the treatment required by such infection. It made my life miserable for almost half a year until I switched doctors. The tests were done, the bacterial problem confirmed, a new treatment prescribed and I am finally much much better. I found out since then he may have also prescribed unnecessary or even counter indicated medications given other medicines he had himself prescribed. His “punctuality” is very bad.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Not satisfied at all. Eventually got tired and changed doctors. He is not very effective and hates referring you to anyone or accepting opinions from previous physicians in other jurisdictions, Seemed more interested in selling me some "alternative medicine" not registered in Canada (some concoction made from snail mucus) for my COPD which he was planning to import and put me in an experiment.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017