Ratings for Dr. E Murakami

Saved my daughter's life...what more can you say he is one of the few that know what he is talking about

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

Dr. Murakami is an Angel!! Years back my 11 month old daughter had a Lyme rash that went undiagnosed by 3 Dr's. Dr Murakami came out to Vancouver from Hope to see my baby and treated her, I have a happy healthy 4 year old girl thanks to this Doctors knowledge and care. I am forever grateful to him.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2008

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, yet my health continued to deteriorate w/ worsening pain, profound fatigue, chronic fevers. Symptoms atypical of fibromyalgia, yet no doctor, including specialists, could find an answer. Finally, 7 yrs later, a locum at my GP's office referred me to Dr. M. A life-changing and perhaps a life-saving event. He correctly dx'd a co-infection of Lyme Disease and Rx'd an antibiotic combo...My blood work testing from Igenex came back POSITIVE for the co-infection which he dx'd. It was in fact the co-infection, in addition to Lyme Disease and NOT fibromyalgia that was robbing me of my life for over 7 years. Not only is Dr. M. very knowledgeable, he is also a fine gentleman; very kind, polite, and compassionate, and always willing to help. Even before I met him, we talked on the phone on a few occasions which is so unlike doctors now. Finally, 7 yrs later, many Dr.'s and much suffering, I now have HOPE thx to this exceptionally amazing physican!!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2008

I will give Dr M thumbs up for Lyme disease.But Time after time I have been diagnosed wrong and ended up in the hospital because of no tests.And had other doctors finding the problem.This has happened with all of my family.I think maybe to many clients so his care is not there not like it used to be when he made house calls.And was there more for the people.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2008

For two years he told me I had chronic lyme disease and I was on antibiotics. I got worse and worse and finally many hand joints became crooked. I saw a rheumatologist in Vancouver and was diagnosed as having severe rheumatic arthritis that was basically untreated for 2 years. I am now on treatment for it and finally I feel better. This guy is a one trick pony. I think he tries his best but He should realized that not everyone has lyme disease.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2007

I have been ill for 3 years, progressively worsening with a number of 'possible' diagnosis that never felt right to me. On my first visit to Dr. M, I was quite skeptical until I recognized a picture of a rash on the wall. I had one just like it about 3 years ago, and my Lyme test had come back as negative. After more testing, Dr. M started me on a treatment and has given me hope again. He told me I would get sicker (and I have) however he described everything to me so I knew what to expect. I am just so thankful that there is a Dr as knowleagable as he is.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2007

Dr. Murakami treated me out of province. He saw me at his home office, as it was more convenient for me. He ordered a blood test which suggested I had Lyme disease and confirmed it with my response to antibiotics and recovery. I had some trouble contacting him as he is very busy and I lived in another province. I have no doubt though that my recovery is due to him. If you have Lyme disease in Alberta, it is very difficult to get a proper diagnosios and treatment. Dr. Murakami is open-minded about Lyme disease, yet in my opinion is also very careful and does not jump to conclusions.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2007

Dr. Murakami has years of practical experience. I'm glad this alleged patient who complained, which I doubt they ever were a patient, walked away. His knowledge has saved the life of many in Canada.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2007

Six years ago I started having strange migrating pains and arthritic symptoms following a series of cross country races, I had no idea what was going on and it kept getting worse. Over time I went from not racing to not running to having trouble even walking short distances. I live in Calgary and was referred to over 20 different specialists who all said I was healthy, which I was anything but. A relative from BC told me about Dr Murakami. After a thorough examination and a series of tests I started on antibiotic treatment and have improved significantly, to the point that I might come close to a full recovery. I know for sure that without Dr. Murakami's diagnosis of Lyme disease I wouldn't have had a chance. He is a wonderful person, and an excellent Doctor who has no doubt saved my life, and I will always be indebted to him.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2007

I was sent to him to test for the possibility of Lyme disease. He made me feel ill at ease in the extreme, and I am very skeptical about his practice. As one of the only doctors who treats Lyme patients in the province, everybody who suspects they have Lyme eventually get in touch with him, usually through his patients refering him on the BC Lyme website. Basically, since there is no way to test for chronic Lyme accurately, he makes his diagnoses based on a checklist of reported symptoms, all of which can be attributable to other conditions, or can be seen as a sign of psychosomatic illness. Then he prescribes very large doses of antibiotics over extended periods of time (months). The prospect of this scared me so much I walked away believing that his Lyme criteria was pseudoscience, so I decided I would find other ways to treat my symptoms. There is a lot of skepticism about chronic Lyme in the medical profession, so I encourage anybody visiting him to be VERY careful.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2007