Ratings for Dr. Charles A. Dicecca

I don't usually write horrible reviews but I wish I had read this site yesterday. I injured myself at work and since then have experienced horrible pain in my knee. He palpated at knee and put a lot of pressure on the area that hurt. He then told me this was only a weight problem and I needed to lose weight immediately and I would feel better. When I asked if the issue was exacerbated by the injury he merely made some inappropriate jokes (not just about weight, but more of a sexual joke). After leaving I felt really unhappy with the quality of the visit. By the time I made it to my car my knee (which had a good day that day = little pain) was experiencing a burning feeling. I went shopping with my boyfriend and I could barely walk as the pain in my knee moved to other areas of my leg it had not experienced before. I would highly recommend reading up and considering any other doctor. Don't go if you are expecting an actual response from the doctor.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2013

Discrepancies with billing, unfriendly staff, waiting room needs cleaning, updating , educated staff

flag | Submitted September 8, 2011

Staff is very rude, and unaccommodating. They like to make excuses, instead of fixing a simple problem. Never got to see the doctor because his staff is so inconsiderate.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2011

Not thrilled with his bedside manner.Have knee and hip problems but all he could talk about is loosing weight. How can you loose weight when you can't even walk and overeating is NOT an issue? The issue here is needing replacements of joints. You can't do much when you don't feel good/can't walk. Not everyone is built to be 100 lbs.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2010

Dr Dicecca operated on mme a few times in 1976. He decided to try and repair my elbow when all of the other Drs just wanted to fuse the bones together. He is an exceptional surgeon!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2010

I don't know why the other people complain when Dr. DiCecca tells them that they are fat. Being overweight can cause a ton (no pun intended) of problems, including cardiovasular and musculoskeletal problems. Hey, fatties: Instead of complaining about being told that you're overweight, I suggest that you take control of your lives by starting to exercise and eat responsibly. If you're fat and suffering from that, it's your fault, not DiCecca's. The USA cannot be a strong country with a bunch of lazy and complainting fatties walking around.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2009

I get Hyalgan injections from Dr. Dicecca. The first time he did it he bruised me and caused a lot of pain. Subsequent injections went well. He also commented that I could stand to lose 40lbs and my knees would thank me. He did not say it in an unkind way and he's right, but I'm not sure that's the complete answer to my issue. I'm sure I need another surgery and then I can apply myself to exercise without pain and lose the weight.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2009

I WOULD NEVER GO TO THIS PHYSICIAN AGAIN. HE IS VERY WEIGHT PREJUDICE AND MADE ME FEEL AS IF I WAS NOT WORTH BEING TREATED BECAUSE I HAVE A WEIGHT ISSUE. HE MADE COMMENTS ABOUT MY WEIGHT AT EVERY APPOINTMENT AND I ALWAYS LEFT FEELING TERRIBLE. HE NEVER LOOKED AT MY LEG ON THESE APPOINTMENTS AND BECAUSE OF THIS I WALKED AROUND FOR 5 MONTHS NOT KNOWING THE SURGERY HAD NOT TAKEN. I REQUIRED A SECOND SURGERY AND HE ACTUALLY SAID TO ME THAT HE DID NOT KNOW IF IT WAS EVEN WORTH GOING IN AND TRYING TO FIX IT AGAIN, BECAUSE I WAS JUST TO BIG A GIRL FOR THIS TYPE OF INJURY. NEEDLESS TO SAY THE SECOND SURGERY WAS DONE ELSEWHERE. I FOUND A VERY KIND DOCTOR WITH A HEART. THE SECOND SURGERY TOOK. HMMMMMMM!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2009

he makes very rude comments to patients and don't expect any answers or call backs regarding your medical condition. i wouldn't ever recommend him. don't expect to be seen at your appointed time. WISH I NEVER WENT TO HIM......loves to make fat jokes to over weight PATIENTS. BEDSIDE MANNER IS HORRIBLE, for what they are paid i think a patient should be told up front about what to expect during the healing process. i think the way the office is run is a joke LIVE AND LEARN..... I completely understand the type of schedule these types of doctors have emergencies and what not but thats no excuse for fat jokes. if you have to see a doctor you are already going through a rough time, being called overweight should be left to your pcp or dietician. if he was to say i would heal faster if i lost weight that would be fine my weight has nothing to do with my type of injury. and wow if he made fat jokes about me (i'm not that big) i feel bad for some of the really heavy people he sees

flag | Submitted November 13, 2008

Dr.Charles Dicecca did not consider my pain nor did he regard the years of documentation of other doctors supporting my claim - he examined me with a preconcieved decision.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2008

Dr. Charles A. Dicecca's Credentials

• Medical College Of Wisconsin (Grad. 1973)