Ratings for Dr. Doris Winfield

Dr Winfield has been my doctor the last 13 years. She is firm and very compassionate to my health and needs. She always takes the time to explain conditions and next steps. When extremely hard times happen she always takes the time to ensure my health and family are her number one priority. During these times, times and other appointments wait until she ensures I am on the right track. Yep, I have waited over a hour for a scheduled appointment but if she taking care of others in their time of need and takes more than the scheduled time I have no issue with that. That's a good caring doctor that understands peoples needs and does not allow time to be factor in the care she wants to give.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Dr Winfield is a very caring individual. She takes time to assess the health situation and explain the recommended treatment or options. I have never felt rushed and if there's time necessary in the waiting room because she's busy, once in the consultation room she takes the necessary time to understand the issue so I feel very comfortable when she makes a diagnosis.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

Dr. Winfield has been my doctor since my childhood doctor retired. Although often running late, I don't mind waiting because i know once I'm speaking with her she's taking the time to listen to me. I've never felt rushed through an appointment. I drive from out of town in order to see her because i feel she actually cares about her patients and doesn't just shove you out the door with a prescription. I take both my kids to see her and she is supportive of our delayed vaccination schedule with them. We had both our children at home under the care of a midwife and i never felt like Dr Winfield frowned upon that- she seemed quite supportive. My only complaint over the years was the clinic staff and bizarre clinic policies, but a recent change in reception staff has made a world of difference.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2015

Doris was my doctor when she first started here in Kitchener. I am not someone who runs to the doctor for every little thing, so we didn't see her that much. I found her pleasant most of the time. After I had my fourth baby (at home with a midwife, which was frowned upon to begin with) was when she showed her true colours! We had decided not to vaccinate our children, which I believe is our choice and not the doctor's. Anytime I went she brought the subject up, and every time I declined her offer of vaccinations. One day I received a letter in the mail from her, she was dismissing me as a patient because I wouldn't have my babies vaccinated. She said she couldn't keep our family on if we didn't agree to the vaccinations, but she didn't have the guts to tell me face to face. think she was calling my bluff, but we never went back. The letter stated that a doctor patient relationship should be one that is 50/50, that made me laugh as she was dropping a family of six because I wouldn't do as she said!! Thanks, but no thanks!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

We have been with Dr. Winfield since she started. She has always been approachable, helpful, honest, and very caring. We have been happy with her care. My two children and I go to her and my husband came when his doctor retired. We even moved out of the city and still continue to see her. I have never felt that she "pushed" any medications on us. I have had issues with some of her receptionists but they have moved on recentlt. Overall I am very happy with the care we have received from Dr. Winfield.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

Dr. Winfield has been my Physician since she opened her practice. After reading the terrible and negative things that others have said about her, the Nurses, and her Staff, I am appalled by their words. I am BLESSED to have Dr. Winfield as my Physician. If I wait a little for her, it is only because she CARES to take time when her patients require her, and I respect that. She never pushes medication on me, will always make sure I have come to discuss every topic/issue that I had intended to see her about. And I make it MY responsibility to ask her when she wants to see me again - with a HUGE practice such as her's, do people honestly think she's going to remember EACH INDIVIDUAL person? C'mon...get real - she's HUMAN!! I am thankful for Dr. Winfield. If you talk to her, and treat her as though she's a real person, that is how she responds to you. If you are patient and understanding with her Staff, they respect you that much more for it. Thank you, Dr. Winfield!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

I have had Dr. Winfield as a family doctor my whole life so far. Up until now I had had no problems besides having stupid long wait times to see anyone usually over an hour. I do not find her helpful at all. She is very much someone who is completely for medicating people without taking a second thought about it. She is very reluctant to do any sort of official diagnosis regardless of the reason. She would rather prescribe you multiple pills with harsh side effects without even being diagnosed. I find her knowledge very poor that she is very narrow minded when it comes to drugs that are natural. When I am financially stable I WILL be changing family doctors and will not recommend her to anyone I come across. Good luck getting a diagnosis out of her. The front staff at the office are nice but not well educated. They lost lab results records of mine for 6 months.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2013

I lfind it helpful that you can get same day appointments for urgent matters.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2011

Dr. Windfeild has been my family doctor since i was a child. She has always taken me seriously and has been very helpful in all issues. The only place i can see that needs improvement is the reception staff. I have never had a positive experience with them. For example I just called to book an appointment and either it was one slot tomorrow, or I would have to wait a month!! Their "policy" doesn't allow you to even consider other physicians as an alternative. The only solution offered to me was to call back every day to see if someone cancelled. Just awful!! I may be considering a new physician for that reason alone. If I am unable to see the doctor, what's the point?

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

Dr. Winfield has been my doctor since my childhood doctor retired. That has now been over 12 years. She is extremely knowledgable and has an amazing way of asking for patient input and thoughts in her diagnoses.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2011