Ratings for Dr. Anthony Ocana

Dr. Ocana changed my life. He is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about what he does. I put my trust in him and was rewarded with an exceptional treatment plan that continues to help me immensely after six years - it has literally transformed my life. I did not perceive arrogance or condescension in his approach. What I perceived, and appreciated, was expertise, and a willingness to provide assessments in an objective and professional manner. I would recommend him to anyone seeking help with addictions and/or ADHD.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

Currently seeing Dr. Ocana for adult ADHD. I find him quite likeable. There is just a few things that bother me and when I looked up his name online I found this site. My assessment took 4 appointments of half hour sessions just doing straight-forward questions and answers, and I couldn't help wondering why this couldn't be done on my own time. He's just asking these questions and writing down my yes and no answers. Seems like a bit of a money-grab. I found myself wondering what the Medical Services Plan would think of this but then I thought about the fact that he seemed like a fairly reasonable and nice guy and felt guilty for even thinking that. One thing that bugs me is he asked me if he'd taken my picture yet? I said "no" and suddenly, he just snapped this picture of me with his iphone!! That really set my teeth on edge. It felt like he really didn't ask my permission at all, just snuck in this photo of me before I could protest. Apparently, he has so many patients (more than other doctors?) that he forgets what we look like. I'd like to warn others not to allow him to take your picture, first of all, because it's suspect that he just goes ahead and does it without directly asking you or telling you why he needs it. I find that a bit sneaky and unprofessional. Hopefully my future appointments will not be uncomfortable...

flag | Submitted February 28, 2016

This dr is so money hungry arrogant rude receptionist he makes u come for 15 mins so he can take advantage of the government. I would love to see him in a parking lot go one on one

Submitted December 21, 2015

Competent, however clearly knows the exclusive niche market for ADHD/ADD doctors and takes advantage of that. Has ridiculously inappropriately long waitlist lists, because he is money hungry. This is the result of him making patients take multiple 15 minute appointments to extract as much money from the government per appointment as possible. This also ensues with multiple appointments being required because the material hardly is covered in 15 minutes. On a personality level, he is condescending, patronizing, and although highly educated, seems to think that this makes him superior to his clients. Perhaps dealing with people with "problems" gives him the false sense of control as a god like figure, but if it wasn't for there being no other practioner in this field, I would certainly look elsewhere. Thanks for being the worst doctor ever (except for your competency)! :P

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

I've just read some of the negative comments. They couldn't be further from the truth! Dr. Ocean is awesome! He's very caring, and incredibly knowledgeable. Also, to respond to what someone below said about ADHD versus "ADD": Wow. That person has no idea what they are talking about! The difference between ADHD and ADD isn't that one had hyperactivity and the other doesn't; they both refer to the same disorder! ADHD is just the newer term, and is what the DSM-IV-TR and the newest, the DSM-V (or 5) use. If that reviewer had bothered to actually look up ADHD in its official citations (such as the DSM), then they would gave seen that being inattentive without hyperactivity is one of the subtypes of ADHD (vs. hyperactive subtype, and combined subtype). As well, the review is incorrect. ADHD, inattentive type, IS commonly treated with medication, and medication is in its treatment profile. I have a degree in which one of my specialties is abnormal psychology, versus the misinformed below reviewer, who seems to believe what laypeople tell them, as well as "Doctor Internet" :-P

Submitted September 11, 2015

Patient's update
LOL: Autocorrect got me! *Dr. Ocana, not Ocean ;-)

Submitted September 11, 2015

First person (without ADHD) EVER to exactly understand what ADHD is like inside my head!!!! :-) :-) :-) VERY compassionate, even while being perfectly honest :-D Had persevered to find a medication that works for me :-) Referred a childhood friend to Dr. Ocana, and my friend is very satisfied :-)

Submitted September 10, 2015

Great Doctor, he made me feel welcomed from day one and has never stopped. Great guy, great doctor, very knowledgeable and has a way of explaining complex things so that it's very easy to understand. I was referred to him for my undiagnosed ADHD and even though I went in reluctant to accept it, he helped me understand it, accept it and learn to live with it. The staff is amazing also, my favourite is the blond lady sitting on the right side of the front desk. She is soooooo nice. She has the kindness a deaf can hear and the blind can see. Thanks guys, Ehsan

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

Submitted May 11, 2015

Dr. Anthony Ocana saved my life. Before I began sessions with him I had undiagnosed ADHD for years, as well as some serious substance abuse issues which lead to depression. I was unhappy with every aspect of my life…. I knew I had potential but I simply couldn't get out of the vicious cycle of addiction and depression I was in. With Dr. Ocana's help over the years I have completely transformed my life and am myself a medical professional… if it wasn't for him I don't want to think about where i could be today. Regarding the comments about him being arrogant below, they are 100 percent garbage. Book a consult and see for yourself, he is nothing if not incredibly patient, knowledgeable and kind. I

Submitted March 25, 2015

Dr. Anthony Ocana's Credentials

• Toronto (Grad. 1991)

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ocana changed my life. He is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about what he does. I put my trust in him and was rewarded with an exceptional treatment..."

March 16, 2016
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "He seems to be knoledge about ADD bug I can't stand his arrogance and the way he patronizes his patients"

February 29, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Currently seeing Dr. Ocana for adult ADHD. I find him quite likeable. There is just a few things that bother me and when I looked up his name online I found th..."

February 28, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "This dr is so money hungry arrogant rude receptionist he makes u come for 15 mins so he can take advantage of the government. I would love to see him in a park..."

December 21, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Competent, however clearly knows the exclusive niche market for ADHD/ADD doctors and takes advantage of that. Has ridiculously inappropriately long waitlist lis..."

December 16, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I've just read some of the negative comments. They couldn't be further from the truth! Dr. Ocean is awesome! He's very caring, and incredibly knowledgeable. Al..."

September 11, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "First person (without ADHD) EVER to exactly understand what ADHD is like inside my head!!!! :-) :-) :-) VERY compassionate, even while being perfectly honest :..."

September 10, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Great Doctor, he made me feel welcomed from day one and has never stopped. Great guy, great doctor, very knowledgeable and has a way of explaining complex th..."

May 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "An extremely kind, gifted professional. I feel highly motivated to transform my lifestyle and beat my addictions. Truly life-changing."

May 11, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Anthony Ocana saved my life. Before I began sessions with him I had undiagnosed ADHD for years, as well as some serious substance abuse issues which lead to..."

March 25, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Nothing would thrill me more than to punch Dr Ocana in the face. Seriously, all those comments about him being arrogant and rude are 100% true. He lacks people..."

March 20, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Like most of the other reviews say, I found him to be arrogant and condescending, Needed a diagnosis, which I got, so there's that. He was thorough (mostly- th..."

March 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ocana continues to be the best doctor I have ever encountered. I credit Dr. Ocana with saving my life, as well as improving my quality of life. After havi..."

February 23, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Quite simply, this incredible man saved my life! He worked with me for 7 years and at the time I left, I was finally given the right medications to treat multip..."

November 24, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Very rude staff. Was late for all appointments Not helpful at all, he is completely arrogant, obnoxious and condansending towards patients. He may be knowle..."

November 21, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Worst doctor of all time. I went under his care and he is one arrogant, condescending person I have ever met in my life. I filed a complaint to the board about ..."

November 19, 2014
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ocana specializes in ADHD/Addiction issues. Our ADHD daughter had gone through a tough 8 years as a teen, drank, did drugs, got into trouble. By the time w..."

November 9, 2014
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "OK, I am not a patient of Ocana's per se but I am the mother of 2 daughters who have been independently diagnosed with ADD and we lucked out when we found Dr. O..."

October 8, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ocana improved my life as much as any other person I have met including family, friends and business acquaintances. A pretty bold statement but true. With a..."

September 26, 2014
  • Specialty changed from "Family / G.P." to "Addiction Medicine"

October 9, 2013
  • Specialty changed from "Addiction Medicine" to "Family / G.P."

June 28, 2013