Ratings for Dr. Roddy Frankel

I have been seeing Dr Frankel for 10yrs.. Fall of 2016 I had cataract surgery on both eyes. He arranged the procedure in a timely manor with no follow up from me. Done professionally and gave me his cell number if I had any questions. Was very clear about explaining and answering any questions I had. Billing was done efficiently and definitely to my satisfaction. Elaine Grayslake

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

Evil, greedy doctor, a monster. Only cares about your money and will play a corrupt insurance game to leave the patient in the cold. Stay away from this physician if you're smart and read all of the negative reviews on this site and other sites (vitals.com, healthgrades.com, etc). Some of the reviews will shock you, such as his refusing treatment to a Hispanic patient whose eye was practically falling out just because he wanted to pay by check.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2014

More concerned about your money than your well being. Will even call you and yell at you on the phone. Very unprofessional ophthalmologist and very tactless, in addition to being very lazy in the office. Stay away and find a better ophthalmologist.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

Roddy is a good doctor. Just don't ask a question or you'll get an honest answer, full of knowledge that you probably won't grasp. Sharp. Knows his business. Highly recommended. John P.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

Dr Frankel was my Ophthalmologist when I had a really bad eye infection that I got from rinsing my hands in tap water in central america. He was thorough with follow-ups and thus made me feel like my eyes were really important. Downside - on my last follow-up visit he tried his sales pitch on me and tried to convinve me to buy a new procedure that would make by eyes less dry. I told him no thanks.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2006

Dr. Roddy Frankel's Credentials

• Med Coll Of Ohio, Toledo Oh 43699 (Grad. 1992)