Ratings for Dr. Howard Cohen

An excellent and caring doctor who listens carefully, examines thoroughly and works with the patient. I feel very fortunate to have him as my physician.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2017

I've had Dr. Cohen for a family physician for over 40 years. An excellent Dr. with a very gentle manner.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

After being Dr Cohen's patient for 40+ years and one of his original patients, his administration staff dropped me from his roster for the simple reason that I was seeing him too infrequently. When I asked to be re-instated I was told by the receptionist "once you're out, you're out and you can't come back". I found out when I tried to book an appointment. I had no prior warning, notification or apology. It was nice to have known you doc, and thanks for all the care you provided me over the years. May your marathon dreams come true forever.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2017

Staff are rude and think of themselves as gatekeepers but lack the knowledge to assess whether or not a patient’s situation requires immediate care ... then complain about you costing them money by going to a clinic instead Once we had no choice but to go to the ER and thank God we did. This is a great doctor for people who do not have serious illnesses as he takes a minimalist approach. However, his “wait and see/keep an eye on it” attitude and unwillingness to immediately refer to a specialist has had tragic consequences for us.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2017

Dr. Cohen is an excellent physician. He is always helpful & extremely knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

Staff are extremely professional and efficient. Dr. Cohen has a very gently manner and is the kind of physician who will use a prescription as a last resort, not the sole solution to whatever ails you. He is focussed on general wellbeing and not simply the complaint that you come to him with. In one instance, he was able to diagnose in me in a matter of minutes a rare condition that he had never personally observed before.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

While some people commenting here seem to have had a poor experience with Dr. Cohen, my own experience over several decades has been very good.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

Dr Cohen has been our family doctor for 30 years. He is very knowledgeable, thoughtful and caring. We have been so fortunate that he cares so much about his patients

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

Dr. Cohen has been my GP for many many years. I am extremely lucky to be his patient. He is extremelt knowledgeable and very caring. I tell everyone I have the best doctor in the world. The staff has his office very organized and it's very rare to have even a ten minute wait. I hope he never retires :-).

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

This dr misdiagnosed my family member 3 times....when he finally read the blood properly he had full blown cancer and died 2.5 months later in agony. Another family goes there and he has been complaining of a particular issue and Dr. Cohen would not refer him and now he has active cancer.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017