You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Gamil L. Makar

I was fortunate to have him as my doctor. Excellent doctor and great staff. I was unable to walk for a long time after three visits I was able to go back to my life. Thanks Dr Makar

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

I have been going to doc Makar for years and honestly I wouldn't be alive without him he is more than just a doctor he really truly cares I've been to plenty of doctors over the coarse of my life but he is by far the smartest nicest most caring and greatest doctors ever thank you for everything Doctor Makar

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

I went to this doctor for a couple of years and while the wait was always 2 hours he charged a reasonable amount for a visit without insurance. I have been taking anti-hypertensive medications and anti-depressants to manage my medical conditions. Recently, I misplaced the prescription script and called the office to see if they could give the pharmacy a new script or even just 10 days worth of medications so that I won't get ill from withdrawals. The staff on the phone is extremely rude and did not care about my issue at all. I got hung up on multiple times, and after calling 8 times someone finally picked up and said that Dr. Makar denied my prescription (no phone call to me I had to keep calling to get a response). I explained that I could not come in this week due to work commitments, they said too bad I should have come in sooner. Sorry, I have other things going on in my life than just managing prescriptions (I didn't realized I misplaced the script until too late). I am now without my prescriptions for a few days and am extremely ill and suffering from rebound hypertension and depression. This office obviously does not have my health as a priority and I will not be returning and DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS OFFICE. http://www.vitals.com/doctors/Dr_Gamil_Makar/reviews#ixzz3lLpC3eLG

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

The doctor is very nice but his office staff is rude and unprofessional. Be prepared to wait over an hour in the waiting room, only to spend 5-10 minutes with the doctor. Like I said, he's great, very personable and knowledgable but his office staff is beyond frustrating. I am actively seeking a new doctor because I just don't have the time to wait around all day to be seen.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Dr.Makar isa great Dr. Very nice and friendly, except waiting time is the worst. Most of the time you have to wait for at least 2 hours after your appt to see him for 5 minutes, and his new location is very difficult to get in because traffic merge in from the parkway and route 3.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2014

what a Doctor, I was referred by a friend for my on-going disease i have for 3 years ,the moment i saw him after a few questions and he got my answers !! Oh boy like a text book opened up .Finally got my disease and questions answered. I called my friend and I was so happy. From now only Dr Makar and Dr Makar only

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

Best Doctor. I travel about 50 mins to see him because I do not want to change such a good doctor. Recommended for any age group.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2013

very helpful , knowledgable and takes his time, iwould recommend him to any one

flag | Submitted December 24, 2011

I am 30 years old and I had other doctors but he is different he really cares about all his patient. He is the best doctor!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2011

Lovely, sincere doctor that truly values his patients and time. Very caring and kind. Excellent people skills!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2010

Dr. Gamil L. Makar's Credentials

Medicaid / Medi-Cal

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was fortunate to have him as my doctor. Excellent doctor and great staff. I was unable to walk for a long time after three visits I was able to go back to my ..."

January 4, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been going to doc Makar for years and honestly I wouldn't be alive without him he is more than just a doctor he really truly cares I've been to plenty o..."

November 19, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I went to this doctor for a couple of years and while the wait was always 2 hours he charged a reasonable amount for a visit without insurance. I have been taki..."

September 10, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "The doctor is very nice but his office staff is rude and unprofessional. Be prepared to wait over an hour in the waiting room, only to spend 5-10 minutes with t..."

February 10, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=419450'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.7

February 22, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=419450'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.1

February 5, 2014