Ratings for Dr. Newton J. Cochran

Office will not authorize refills without making appointment to collect co-pay. What a scam, makes me feel the office is a bunch of criminals. Always a long wait (1+ hour) to see doctor. I think my blood pressure rises everytime I sit in the office waiting and waiting to be seen or when I try to make an appointment and they tell me the doctor is available in 6 weeks. Why is he taking new patients if he doesn't have time to see the ones he already has? Great Doctor but having to deal with that office is so frustrating. I had to make my feelings known. I can't take it anymore and I am looking for a new primary care physician. Sorry Doc.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2010

Doctors are very nice and so are the nurses. The receptionists are HORRIBLE. They never give docs messages and make you wait on average for an hour (I've waited over two hours before). They tell you totally incorrect info and never get any schedules right. It's really only one miserable receptionist that's the MAJOR problem. I've never encountered such a place before that lets a receptionist dictate so much medical treatment a patient receives. Horrible, horrible receptionist.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2010

Excellent + friendly doctors, excellent + friendly nurses, incredibly awful desk staff, NEVER on time, expect to wait an hour or more after signing in.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2009

Dr. Newton J. Cochran's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1971)