Ratings for Dr. Bart A. Kummer

Fantastic doctor. Very caring, knowledgable and professional. One of my favorite doctors.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

I just had my first visit with Dr. Kummer and I am very pleased that I chose him as my GI. He was very thorough in his examination and is very knowledgeable in his field. He is attentive and provided great details and clear explanations about my condition. He listened to my concerns which was refreshing. Not once did I feel like he was rushing, but instead he took his time and made sure that I understood my condition and my follow-up treatment. The office is beautiful and the staff is friendly. I waited no more than 10 minutes before I was called which is great for a busy person as myself. - N.R.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr Kummer for about 3 years. Unfortunately I will need surgery as the treatments were not effective. Dr. Kummer closely listened at each appointment and made very good efforts to treat my illness. He is caring and considerate and would spend not less than a half hour with me and sometimes more at each appointment. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone. Make appointments early as he has a tendency to be booked a few weeks in advance.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Just had a colonoscopy by Dr. Kummer. He is terrific. Detailed explanation before procedure and a detailed one after about the results. Very personable, calm and and thorough. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2013

I recently have started seing Dr. Kummer for my U.C. He is VERY knowledgable and listened to my concerns about the medications I was taking. He also told me about support groups online for UC patients which no other GI doc I've ever had took the time to do. However, his bedside manner is can seem gruff. He started out one appt chastising me for being 10 minutes late, when he was 45 minutes late to the next appt and didn't even apologize or comment on his lateness. Bottom line, although he is gruff and stern in manner, he is very very knowlegdeable and one of the most informed GI docs I've been to in NY.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2012

Dr. Kummer is extremely knowledgeable and very thorough. He asks detailed questions in order to correctly diagnose any problems. He is receptive to questions and dialogue. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2010

I just had a colonoscopy with Dr. Kummer and he is the best. He answered all of my questions and his staff was helpful and attentive. I hate any kind of surgical procedure especially when they find something and Dr. Kummer put me at ease and let me know as soon as possible that I would be fine. He even sent me and my PCP a full report, complete with color pictures.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2009

I would not recommend Dr. Kummer to anyone. He treated me for 3 yrs - meticulously testing different diagnoses. Then when I required an emergency colostomy and sigmoid colon removal, he would not return phone calls. I was in the hospital for 27 days - and he would not call and talk to any of my MDs because I was at a hospital that he did not have privileges - that is a total crock of BS - he was my GI doc for 3 yrs and he cannot even call or consult my doctors when I am having major surgery?! Every doc I have has confirmed that his behavior was unethical and unprofessional. When I called his office later to tell them I was leaving his practice, they told me that he was sick and in the hospital himself, and that was the reason he never called. They keep changing their story - and even if he was in the hospital, you'd think he'd have an alternate on call! A total jerk and uncaring person in every way ...

flag | Submitted May 20, 2009

Dr. Bart A. Kummer's Credentials

• French

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1979)

Healthnet