Ratings for Dr. Michael L. Tran

While in the hospital, I was scheduled for surgery with Dr. Tran. Despite learning early in the morning that I would be undergoing surgery later in the afternoon, I first met Dr. Tran only minutes before the surgery when I was brought by cart to the pre-op area. The few questions I had, as I was handed forms to sign, seemed like they inconvenienced Dr. Tran and he abruptly left the room leaving other medical staff responsible for answering my questions. Worse yet, Dr. Tran NEVER followed-up with me after the surgery was complete. In fact, I never saw Dr. Tran at any point after my surgery during the remainder of my stay in the hospital. I had questions after being discharged and Dr. Tran's office has yet to get back to me. This experience has been very troubling, frustrating, and unlike any medical care I have previously received.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2013

Dr Tran did not explain the surgical procedure clearly he was proposing to perform. On the first visit, he just handed me a pamphlet. He talked like there are no other alternate surgical procedures. On my second visit, I tried to get more information from Dr Tran, but he was neither helpful nor reassuring.So I got second opinions from two OB/GYN doctors who stated that Dr Tran's procedures were the riskiest of three surgical procedures available to me and they will NOT perform the procedure that Dr Tran proposed. Needless to say, I am so happy that I ran from this doctor and will never hope to see him again.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2011

VERY FRIENDLY AND EFFICIENT. VERY HAPPY! WELL SATISFIED!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2011

Did not fully answer my questions. instructions to get ahold of him for follow up was horrible and incomplete. Felt pressured to sign release forms.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011

Rubbed me the wrong way on initial visit for bladder surgery. Answered my question on effects of an antibiotic as he opened the door for all to hear. At this point I told him I had more questions and he said the nurse would answer them. She couldn't answer them so summoned him back in and he seemed to me to be annoyed as he stood over me, rather than sit and patiently listen, while I asked him 5 more questions. I am finding another doctor.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2009

First surgery Doctor said he used bad material. Had very painful infection. So had to have a Second surgery and he did not do a biopsy and did not give antibiotic to cure. Before surgery encourages and talks up his procedures after surgery Does not return patient phone calls. Only the nurse can speak to you. Is hard to understand. If you do get to speak to him he Plays the I do not understand you (like there is a language barrier) So had to have a Third surgery by another doctor to have removal. FOURTH surgery by another doctor went well, doctor communicated very well, treatment went very well. So 4 surgeries because he used BAD MATERIAL. If he knew it was bad why did he use it. He admitted that there are other kinds that are better that he should have used.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2008

Two surgeries, late over three hours on first, 2 hours on second. Poor communication. Never spoke to patient after either surgery.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2006

Dr. Michael L. Tran's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1994)

• Blue Cross Of California