Ratings for Dr. Tevis H. Gearan

Dr. Gearan has been my Doctor for the past 8 years. My appointments are always on time and Dr. Gearan is very attentive to my concerns. I had an accident several years ago and Dr. Gearan called me numerous times at home to check on me throughout my recovery. I love the fact that I receive calls I receive directly from Dr. Gearan after I have had tests or have needed treated for something. It is personal care like this that is often missing these days.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

On this website seeking new PCP. Actually she was not my PCP, Dr. Thomas Gearan (same practice) was. I have seen Dr. Tevis Gearan several times over the years and would recommend her. The office staff is another story. Twenty six hours to get callback from a nurse. I was told six times someone would be back to me within hour. Part of the Maine Med group, so if you enjoy rarely seeing your PCP, have an eagerness to see docs in training, enjoy being unable to be seen on short notice, and like not getting call backs, this practice is for you.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2015

I don't want to be mean to Dr. Tevis Gearan, she's been somewhat helpful to me over the years, as in, willing to try risky medications on me when I've suggested them, and she's ordered a few tests when I've requested them. But I came to this site in search of someone to replace her. Her office is ok, in a convenient location. She listens better than many doctors I've seen. But she doesn't have a deep knowledge of anything I've ever asked her about. Dr. Gearan doesn't order tests unless she understands them, and so far I've never seen her research or consult to find out more. If it's not in her doctor info database then she doesn't care to know about it. I've had a frustrating time trying to be proactive about my health because I feel Dr. Gearan drags her feet sometimes, and just doesn't have the interest in the areas in which I am sick. She doesn't seem like a bad person or a bad doctor, but she has never struck me as curious about my health problems, concerned about my side effects from medications, or even particularly motivated to help me. Appointments abruptly end after 15 minutes, which is not her fault, it's the system. She's responsive via email, which I appreciate. But I am looking for someone with more concern and health knowledge.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

Although the office staff is very inconsistent , Dr. Gearan is a very compassionate and knowledgeable doctor. I feel very comfortable with her as my primary care physician.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

Excellent thorough care. She had read all of my information and had excellent questions and review of my meds, etc. on the first visit. I was pleased and impressed with the care I received.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

Dr. Gearan's office appointments are robotic. As you talk, she sits and types on a computer. She has never touched me and never given me eye contact. Not a very warm person and leaves in exactly 15 minutes. I saw her 3 times and will be looking for another doctor.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2013

Dr. Gearan is awful. I finally changed my PCP today and I am so happy! After going to her for 5 years, she doesn't even PRETEND to know who I am and never looks me in the eye, just stares at the computer the entire visit. She's had to leave the exam room to "google" an answer for me before. I have no faith in her as a doctor and she's not even a very nice person. Stay away!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2013

Obviously going to the doctor's office is never something a person looks forward to. With this in mind, one would think that offices would make an effort to put their patients at ease. This is not the case when seeing Dr Gearan. From receptionists who couldn't care less to the doc hersef...it's just a bad experience that will leave you frustrated and, frankly, kind of pissed off. Not only does Dr Gearan seem to have zero answers when asked questions by patients, she really doesn't seem to care about the questions. She may have looked me in the eye twice during my appointment...the rest of the time was spent staring at the computer/her notes while cutting me off mid-sentence. If putting up with a crappy office environment and a condescending doctor is what you're looking for...look no further than Tevis Gearan.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2012

She did not care to really listen to what I was trying to say, she had her mind made up before I even began to talk. I have never felt so disrespected by a dr. I will be switching drs, not impressed AT ALL.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2011

Dr. Tevis Gearan is knowledgeable and takes the time necessary for my issues. She is the only doctor to ever be so involved in my health care. I think she is a great physician.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

Dr. Tevis H. Gearan's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Commercial Insurance Company