Dr. Abraham R. Freilich

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge
(28)

"Dr. Quintana is personable, knowledgeable, and caring. Her staff is friendly and helpfu..." Read more

Ratings for Dr. Abraham R. Freilich

Great director and supportive staff who provide premium healthcare

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

Though Dr. Freilich Has a good knowledge of dermatology you want to avoid using his services. The waiting room is always over-packed, in what looks like twenty-patients-per-hour schedule. The office is over-heated and the staff is overworked. Dr. Freilich himself is “procedure-hungry”. During my visit he planned to take ten biopsies from my back (“anything greater than a pencil’s eraser” he said) which I declined! During another visit his associate wanted to take a biopsy from my face, saying: “this has to come out”, which I also declined. I went for a “second opinion” with other dermatologist and was told that all these procedures were unnecessary.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2016

Today I went to see Dr Freilich . I don't really know how many times I have been to see him over the years.I have always found him to be very upright with me. His staff is the finest and always very helpful. The doctor himself is very thorough in any procedure he has to do. And always pleasant at the same time. I am happy that this is the doctor that I chose to protect me from the cursed Cancer. Thank you Doctor. T Mc K

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

My husband and I have been going to Dr. Freilich for many years. His staff is very pleasant and professional. Even though the wait is longer than we would like, it is well worth it. The doctor is caring, thorough, and is happy to explain everything. He gladly answers all questions and concerns. And when I needed MOHS surgery, he sent me to someone who specializes in that part of dermatology. I would definitely recommend Dr. Freilich to anyone who needs to see a dermatologist.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

I and members of my family have been patients of Dr. Freilich for more than 25 years. Dr Freilich is very thorough in his examinations. He has always explained his prescribed treatment, need for a biopsy, and the most effective medication for my family member's skin disorders. We have been very satisfied with Dr. Freilich's referrals and value his recommendations for our skin care. His courteous staff always provide excellent assistance and have been willing to accommodate our regularly scheduled appointments and "fit us" in when emergency appointments are necessary.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

Ive been a patient more than 25 years. The doctor has always been very through in his examinations of my skin. I was refered out to NYU after he found a tumor on my face that was treated sucessfully with Mohs surgery and a graft almost 20 years ago.Im very satisfied have him as my physican. I will not deny that he has a very busy schedule. I commute to downtown office my preference. I schedule my visits a month a head and the staff has accepted a visit if I had a episode that need attention ASAP.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2014

Dr. Freilich likes money. He will spray liquid nitrogen on your face though in most cases there is no need for this. He will cut cysts without first telling you what he is about to do. He sends everything to labs for biopsy even if you've had those cysts for decades.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2013

Never would recommend or return to this doctor. The office was dusty and dingy, the front desk was not helpful, and the doctor was extremely unprofessional and very creepy. I am a woman and he just felt he was able to grab my shirt and tried to lift it over my chest without any reason or warning. I felt extremely uncomfortable!! Do not go here, you will not be happy with the service or professionalism. . .instead you will leave feeling semi violated and man handled!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2012

Dr.Abrahm Freilich is the best and his Pierrepont Street Staff are very helpful. Dr.Freilich is the best!!!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2011

Dr. Freiluch is very unprofessional. After asking him several questions about the wait time which was long (1 hr and 45 minutes) he became defensive and was yelling at me. I was frusterated that I waited this amount of time since it was a Friday and I am observant and this took away a lot of valuable time within my schedule to prepare for the Sabbath. I left his office crying. Dr.'s should respect our time and tell us to come back if its a long wait.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

Dr. Abraham R. Freilich's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Freilich has been passionate about dermatology for almost forty years. After graduating the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and doing his internship in internal medicine there, he continued his dermatology training in the Albert Einstein related hospitals, including Montefiore Hospital, Jacobi Hospital and Lincoln Hospital. In his final year of residency, he was the chief resident. Dr. Freilich started the practice of dermatology in the Flatbush- Midwood areas of Brooklyn in 1980. Two years later, he started a dermatology practice in Brooklyn Heights. During the course of his practice, he had been affiliated with Long Island College Hospital (where he was Director of the Dermatology Clinic 1981-87 and Chief of Dermatology 1987-90), Maimonides Hospital, Kings Highway Hospital and New York Community Hospital. Ever since he completed his residency, Dr Freilich has always enjoyed training the dermatology residents at SUNY Downstate School of Medicine, as well as at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He is currently an assistant clinical professor of Dermatology at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine, where he supervises the residents in the pediatric dermatology clinic. He recently received the Teacher of the Year Award from the Mount Sinai Dermatology Department in recognition of his achievements as a mentor to the residents. Dr. Freilich enjoys many aspects of the field of dermatology. He is equally comfortable taking care of infants, children, teenagers, adults and the elderly. He enjoys the challenge of trying to diagnose a difficult dermatologic rash, tumor or pigmented lesion, and he treats a wide variety of skin disorders. They include acne, psoriasis, eczema, warts, molluscum contagiosum, as well as disorders of the hair and nails. In addition to the classic treatments for skin conditions, he regularly uses phototherapy and the excimer laser for the treatment of psoriasis and vitiligo. He performs patch testing for trying to find causes of an allergic contact dermatitis. He is the director of one of the only in-house dermatologic mycology laboratories in Brooklyn, to help diagnose fungal and yeast disorders. A another aspect of the field that Dr. Freilich excels at is surgical dermatology. Whether the lesions are moles, warts, benign skin tumors, malignant or premalignant lesions, Dr. Freilich uses the appropriate surgical techniques to remove and biopsy the lesions. He discusses with the patient the risks and benefits of each procedure that he performs. When he feels that a procedure could be better performed elsewhere, Dr. Freilich will be intellectually honest and refer to a sub-specialist colleague. The cosmetic aspects of dermatology are also important to Dr. Freilich. He is constantly taking courses workshops to keep up to date on the many aspects of the field.

• Hebrew
  • Yiddish
  • Russian

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University (Grad. 1975)