Ratings for Dr. Deborah G. Nixon

I was diagnosed with Rosacea by Dr. Nixon back in November. She put me on a topical cream to try to calm my flare-up. After two months of the cream, nothing changed. The cream made no impact on my red bumps. I visited Dr. Nixon again, earlier this week, and she started me on new treatment of a different topical cream as well as an oral antibiotic. She told me that she will try me on the oral antibiotic for 4 to 5 months and then see what happens. She said the goal is to wean me off of the oral med and just stay with the topical cream. (“Wean” sounds like slowly getting off antibiotic, right, not cold turkey stopping?!?) She did say that sometimes patients require the antibiotic long term, like years. That would not be our goal, though. She NEVER, NEVER, NEVER brought up a follow-up visit. She NEVER, NEVER, NEVER told me to schedule another visit. I assumed that I would see her after the 4 to 5 months of the treatment we discussed, the time she said I was to use the oral antibiotic. I went home and filled my prescription. (That in itself is another nightmare story but I will not get into it. I will just say that she did not ask me where I wanted it filled. Her office called it into a pharmacy in another state! I had to call the office to get that fixed!) Dr. Nixon only gave me half of the medicine needed to complete the treatment she discussed with me! So I called the office yet once again and explained that I needed the remaining refills added to the prescription so that I could follow her treatment. I was told that I would have to see her for an appointment to get the rest of the medicine. I explained that it would be physically impossible to go in to see her as I would be out of town for over a month during that time period. I knew that when I visited and saw her this week. She NEVER mentioned a follow up appointment or I could have told her that. I knew it. I explained to the office that I would be happy to go in and follow up as soon as I got back into town, but that was not sufficient for them. So I will run out of my treatment medicine while I am out of town. Dr. Nixon will not call in refills to hold me until I get back into town! That means I will be stopping cold turkey, mid treatment, not weaning off as she told me. I explained to her that I cannot physically be there since I cannot be in two places at one time. I will be across the country. But she did not even attempt to call in just two refills to hold me until I return and can see her in her office! Again, I will say, she NEVER, NEVER, NEVER mentioned that in our appointment! She NEVER, NEVER, NEVER told me that I had to schedule a follow up mid treatment! NEVER! Needless to say, I will never return to her! She is not caring. She is just after money and therefore does not deserve my business. I will be finding a different dermatologist. I do not recommend Dr. Nixon!!!!!! I suggest you look for a different dermatologist like me.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Nixon for several years and have never had any unpleasant experiences . She is friendly and very helpful. For those who feel she is not friendly, maybe the problem was you. Perhaps you were not feeling well and it turned out to be a bad day. Give her another chance, for she quite friendly and a nice lady.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

My experience with Dr. Nixon and her staff was pleasant and professional from entry to exit. Everyone listened to my concern with the recent change in a mole. Dr. Nixon gave me a thorough explanation of her diagnosis as well as why she recommended it's removal and the need for lab work. The procedure was done with only a small amount discomfort. I will continue to use Dr.Nixon and will recommend to others.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2014

Dr. Nixon was a very thorough and helpful physician. Even though I had wait 30 minutes, the girl at the front desk was very friendly and kept me smiling the whole time. Even the nursing staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. I had a biopsy which was a bit uncomfortable, but definitely not unpleasant in manner. Dr. Nixon took her time in making sure that I understood the process of diagnosing my condition. I now am a regular patient of hers and will continue to see her and have even sent my family and friends who have been extremely happy with her office. I strongly recommended her practice!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2012

Moves from one office to another. Unhelpful staff. Cold and somewhat unfriendly.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

Incorrect diagnosis. Incorrect medication. One year to resolve. Cold, indeed.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2011

I also, experienced a very excruciating, inhumane biopsy by this Dr. She gave me the injection, but didn't give it a chance to numb-up, so the biopsy felt like surgery wide awake. I too wanted to scream and the more I told her I could feel the pain, the more she dug...I found her to be very cold and unfriendly ....think twice people before you let her do a biopsy on you...she is an "in and out" doc. Very, very cold individual....

flag | Submitted June 30, 2010

Dr. Nixon is an excellent clinician, and accurately diagnosed a skin condition that is very rare. I am greatly appreciative of her skill. Unfortunately, I had to wait nearly an hour and a half past my appointment date, and she performed an excruciating punch biopsy less than 60 seconds after a numbing injection. I was almost screaming. Even her assistant was wincing as she watched. I found her cold, dismissive and unpleasant. The nurse who called to follow up couldn't pronounce or spell the condition I had. I transferred to a specialist, and I regret to say Dr. Nixon didn't speak very highly of the specialist I chose or how she operates her practice. I found none of the things she said about her colleague to be true, and am a happy patient now. In fairness, perhaps Dr. Nixon was having a bad day. She nailed my diagnosis, but my biopsy was performed inhumanely and I wouldn't wish my experience in her office on anyone.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2009

I thought Deborah Nixon as a very professional person and I would go back.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2008

Examination was too quick, felt rushed and most questions were answered with no real explanation. Would have liked to discuss more about my ezcema, but she left room to write prescription and never returned!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2007

Dr. Deborah G. Nixon's Credentials

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)