Ratings for Dr. James C. Stoody

Dr Stoody is a very professional and knowledgeable doctor. His staff were friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR!! MY DAUGHTER IS DEAD DUE TO HIS LACK OF CONCERN AND INTIMATION METHODS. I TRIED TO ASK QUESTIONS AND HE PUT HIS HAND IN FRONT OF MAY FACE AND SAID "DUT DUT DUT" LONG STORY I WILL SAY NO MORE LAW SUIT PENDING.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2018

Very unprofessional, the receptionist Mary was very rude and does not return calls. I would not recommend seeing this doctor he is very arrogant. If I could give him a 0 I would.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

My primary care physician made a referral to Dr. Stoody and I never heard from there staff. When I called in to make an appointment, the receptionist was rude and condescending. When I asked to speak with her supervisor, she refused and hung up the phone. There is a good reason why this doctor and staff have an average rating of 2 out of 5 stars.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

I found Dr. Stoody to be pleasantly professional, very thorough, and attentive. His staff was smiling and friendly. I was wary after reading the reviews but am a person who makes her own judgements. My husband and I both were impressed with the care I received.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Dr. Stoody is a brilliant diagnostician. I went to him after a hospital stay where the neurologist could not read the MRI properly and wanted me to have further dangerous tests. He took one look at the MRI and told me exactly what the problem was and it needed no further treatment.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

Came in with chronic migraines for over 17 years, I had not spoken a word when he made an abrupt "AHEM" entrance in the room (all the while 1 1/2 hours later), flipped open his "office referral chart" and staunchly and sternly looking down on me says, "you are having rebound headaches from taking too much Tylenol". Funny, I had not taken it in over a year or two. What a putz. The biggest idiot on the face of the Earth.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

I am a referring doctor who will no longer refer to this neurologist. He cancels my tests, orders useless studies on my patients to diagnose a condition that my notes already confirms. He needs to learn professionalism and not undermine my practice by telling my patients that I do not know what I am doing!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Although most of the reviews for Dr. Stoody were negative, I am a person who makes judgements based on my personal experience. I saw Dr. Stoody for lingering post concussive syndrome. As soon as he spoke to us while not looking in our direction, I thought he was disconnected and on remote. Unfortunately the poor reviews were correct. He presented himself pompous, arrogant, and unwilling to listen to me finish a sentence before he assumed he knew what I was about to say, so he summarized my thoughts without hearing them. He was incorrect in his assumptions. I addressed this with him at which time he was defensive. He may have been in practice for more than 30, however he has not heard it all, seen it all, nor does he know it all as he likes to convey. It is time he retired. His passion is spent. He is condescending and appears put out in general. If you decide to proceed in seeing him for the first time...I truly hope that he was having an off day, however I doubt it.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

Dr. James C. Stoody's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)