Ratings for Dr. James C. Stoody

Very unprofessional, the receptionist Mary was very rude and does not return calls. I would not recommend seeing this doctor he is very arrogant. If I could give him a 0 I would.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

My primary care physician made a referral to Dr. Stoody and I never heard from there staff. When I called in to make an appointment, the receptionist was rude and condescending. When I asked to speak with her supervisor, she refused and hung up the phone. There is a good reason why this doctor and staff have an average rating of 2 out of 5 stars.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

I found Dr. Stoody to be pleasantly professional, very thorough, and attentive. His staff was smiling and friendly. I was wary after reading the reviews but am a person who makes her own judgements. My husband and I both were impressed with the care I received.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Dr. Stoody is a brilliant diagnostician. I went to him after a hospital stay where the neurologist could not read the MRI properly and wanted me to have further dangerous tests. He took one look at the MRI and told me exactly what the problem was and it needed no further treatment.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

Came in with chronic migraines for over 17 years, I had not spoken a word when he made an abrupt "AHEM" entrance in the room (all the while 1 1/2 hours later), flipped open his "office referral chart" and staunchly and sternly looking down on me says, "you are having rebound headaches from taking too much Tylenol". Funny, I had not taken it in over a year or two. What a putz. The biggest idiot on the face of the Earth.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

I am a referring doctor who will no longer refer to this neurologist. He cancels my tests, orders useless studies on my patients to diagnose a condition that my notes already confirms. He needs to learn professionalism and not undermine my practice by telling my patients that I do not know what I am doing!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Although most of the reviews for Dr. Stoody were negative, I am a person who makes judgements based on my personal experience. I saw Dr. Stoody for lingering post concussive syndrome. As soon as he spoke to us while not looking in our direction, I thought he was disconnected and on remote. Unfortunately the poor reviews were correct. He presented himself pompous, arrogant, and unwilling to listen to me finish a sentence before he assumed he knew what I was about to say, so he summarized my thoughts without hearing them. He was incorrect in his assumptions. I addressed this with him at which time he was defensive. He may have been in practice for more than 30, however he has not heard it all, seen it all, nor does he know it all as he likes to convey. It is time he retired. His passion is spent. He is condescending and appears put out in general. If you decide to proceed in seeing him for the first time...I truly hope that he was having an off day, however I doubt it.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

He is a crack and worst doctor I have ever seen, rude, not knowledgeable and no passion. I wish I had read reviews before I went to see him last Monday. He told me stress cause my facial tingling, numbness and heaviness in extremes for 6 years because MRI does not show MS lesion. Nothing he can do for me. Do not waste yor time to see him.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2012

I have epilepsy. We moved to the Roseville area and I was referred to this clown. My seizures are not controlled with the amount of Lamictal I'm currently taking. His answer was simply 100 mg more daily. Meds such as this one need to be titrated up to avoid a nasty reaction. I know because it happened to me before. When I asked about this, he responded by saying "I've been doing this for 15 years, so I know what I'm doing." When I asked him about some recent problems I have been having with severe memory loss, depression, and vision loss...he just told me to get over it and left the room. This is the five minutes spent with me after waiting for almost an hour. This guy is a complete ass. Do not waste your time or money seeing this doctor. Seems he's only in the field of medicine to collect a paycheck. I'll be driving to Los Angeles to see me old Neuro who is actually trying to find the cause of my seizures.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2011

Dr. James C. Stoody's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)