Ratings for Dr. Heidi Lisker

Dr. Lisker is wonderful. I've been seeing her for years. There's always a bit of a wait, but she's great. Unfortunately, I just had the worst interaction with her staff. I tried to re-order my contacts (something I've done before with no problem). Jackie was rude and has comprehension problems. Very lacking in customer service skills. Easily one of the worst interactions that I've had with a doctor's staff.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

Nice manner, knowledgeble, not that chatty at first... however overbooks to a fault. I left after waiting 1:15 past my appt time..

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

I've been going to Heidi for years and found her to be a very pleasant and knowledgable doctor.I have glocoma on both sides of my family so,she keeps and eagle eye on that. On the down side is that she will have retired by the time that I will need catarac surgery. I do recommend her to friends.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2011

An excellent doctor, not very chatty, but knows what she is doing. Nothing in her office is computerized so efficiency could be better but I've trusted my eyes to her for almost 20 years. Have recommended her to friends and family members.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2009

The reason why I decided to visit her office was because Dr. Lisker was the only ophthalmologist (not optometrist) close to where I live, covered by insurance. I was forced, despite clearly stating that I had been wearing contacts for the last decade, including wearing the same brand for three years, to pay ridiculous $200 for contact lens fitting fee. The fee included 2 (out of 5) samples of the same lenses I was already wearing, trying them one at home by myself and showing up with the best two pairs. $200 for three (3) samples of contacts is considered a bit too much in my opinion. Getting a refund is hard: staff lie about not receiving faxes and have nothing to say when presented with the fax confirmations. Besides the money issues, Dr. Lisker tried to refuse prescribing the contacts because "she does not like them". I know quite a bit about my own eye sight and eye problems, so she did not really insult me. I do not recommend Dr. Lisker as a professional to trust your eyes with.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2008

Worst ophthalmologist ever. She overbooks, had at least 7 patients in her waiting room for a 2pm appointment. Since the minute she walked in I told her that I only wore contacts, she put some kind of drops on my eyes which made my vision all blurred. After two minutes of "exam" she asked me to wait in her waiting room while she saw other patients. She saw at least five more patients while I was still waiting. After more than half an hour she calls me back and just hands me a prescription for eye glasses and when I told her that I don't wear glasses she said that she was not told that. After I confronted her that I told her that since the minute she saw me, she made me wait in her waiting room and without performing a contact lens exam she just handed me another prescription for my contacts saying "that should work". WORST DOCTOR EVER.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2008

Has always been great in the past several years. Have an appointment today; will respond this afternoon once more.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2007

Great doctor; doesn't mince words - tells it like it is. Office staff is nice; never too long of a wait.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2006

Dr. Heidi Lisker's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

Top Hospitals in Reston, VA