Dr. Coby Demkiw-Bartel

5 1 2.5

You may also like

Rate Dr. Coby Demkiw-Bartel

Dr. Coby Demkiw-Bartel's Ratings

She is the worst family doctor your ever want to have. I waited there for 30 minutes and she only talked to me for less than a minute, and then I was rushed out. I don't understand how she can be a family physician and selling / consulting skin care product in her clinic at the same time. I won't recommend her to anybody.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2861474].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

Would NOT recommend - Awful experience and treatment. Dr. Demkiw is only focused on selling product and she does not care at all for the well-being of the patient. She was late to my appointment, rushed me during the appointment and gave the perception that she only cared about selling me skin care products. She seemed to care little about my condition and my concerns. I do question her knowledge of skin and how to treat certain conditions. There are much better options available for dermatology/skin care in Saskatoon. After having an appointment with Dr. Demkiw, I decided to go to a an appointment at Bella Sante and was extremely happy with the knowledge, care and professionalism of the staff and Dr. Jubin. I was also thrilled with the outcome of my treatment! Please spend your money wisely and take extra precaution if you book with Dr. Demkiw.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2853785].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

STAY AWAY!! I went to Dr Coby Demkiw-Bartel about my cystic acne. I waited 45 minutes to see her for 15 minutes or less.. When I did see her I told her I've tried TONS of creams/cleansers/topicals/etc. I told her I felt it was time to try accutane, possibly with a topical cream in addition. I also told her I'm a student so I don't have a lot of money to spend but my acne is seriously effecting my day to day life and my confidence has taken a hit. Anyways, she basically told me accutane was not necessary, that she has her own skin regime she says absolutely works and she has tested them all, this is the best. So, being the naive young person I am I said okay (despite the fact I've tried so many of these regimes) anyways I mentioned to her AGAIN I can't spend a lot of money, she said absolutely no problem I'll give you a deal by giving you some "limited" travel sizes in some of the products..... Well, I got to the front desk and my bill was a little over $700.00!!!!!!!!! It was very uncomfortable in a waiting room with six people starring at you to try and say I really can't afford this.. I ended up buying it all in my desperation for something to help my situation. Well, two months later and my skin has NOT gotten any better whatsoever.. I literally cry on a daily basis about it because its only continuing to get worse and I've spent $700.00 on these products. So I booked a follow up with her to ONCE AGAIN discuss accutane.. when i went in and spoke with her I was visibly upset about the situation, and guess what she did? RECOMMENDED I BUY MORE OF HER SO CALLED AMAZING PRODUCTS TO ADD INTO THIS REGIME. When I finally hit my breaking point with this BS I calmly told her, I bought $700.00 worth of products from you that have done nothing but irritate and worsen my skin.. I can't believe your trying to sell me more products and frankly I feel like your taking advantage of me to make money. Well did she ever change after I said that!! All of a sudden she had a nasty attitude, she almost seemed to be trying to intimidate me... and she said I was "the first customer to ever complain about her regime" ... yah ... right... anyways I tried to move on to discuss the accutane and she completely shut me down. Basically if I wasn't buying her over-priced skin products that she makes money off of she wasn't interested in me as a patient. I was so upset I literally started tearing up in the appointment. She sent me away with a pamphlet for accutane saying I can read it over and book a follow up AGAIN (which the next apt was in a month.....) I hope people see these comments and realize she is a money grabbing snake!! DON'T GO TO HER

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2819979].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

Be very, very careful when you make an appointment for skin issues with Dr. DB. I booked an appointment, looking for information and some medical help with constant, horrible adult acne/rosacea. I was the last appointment of the day, a Friday, and she ended up quite late. It was extremely rushed because I was told that she had a plane to catch and still a patient to check at the hospital first. The information part of the appointment was only a few moments and very little medical history was taken, mostly details of address, phone number AND my HUSBAND's OCCUPATION which I thought strange. Not a phone number to reach him at but what his profession was. In retrospect I think it was to place me in a certain financial category to determine what money I could spend on products. I wish I had said, UNEMPLOYED! I suspect the following would have been a different story.
Dr. DB raced through a number of skin care products, check-marking them on brochures with details on how to use some but not even mentioning what the others were. A 'before' face photo was taken to compare with the 'after' results. Then she had to race away for that flight and I was instructed to give the receptionist the list of products she had marked. By now the clinic was closed and I felt so bad that I was keeping this gal late.
The products were rung up and put in a bag.
AND the bill? - not, $200, not $500 , not $1000 but $1500!
I was so shocked.!!#*! I should have had her explain every item and its use but stupidly I didn't. They were closed and I felt pressured. Big mistake. I never should have left the office, but I thought ok, I'll look it all over at home and see what it all was and come back Monday.
Also Dr.DB told me that I needed a prescription for antibiotics--the only thing that would have been covered, BUT she forgot to even write it for me before she left. When I got home, I checked out the products. Included with the cleansers and facial creams there was:
expensive eye wrinkle cream , lip plumping cream, a electric brush for cleansing @ $250.00,
( like the kind you might see at Shoppers), Latisse, a serum to grow thick long eyelashes! None of these were discussed and had nothing to do with my skin issue. issue.
Were these products going to help my acne! NOT!
After fretting for Sat and Sun. I tried to return these "extras' and I was told that these were 'medical' grade products that could not be returned because they were the same as a prescription. It was obvious that none had been opened. Dr. DB was still out of town but the receptionist was very protective and kept insisting that I didn't need to talk to Dr. DB because absolutely NOTHING would be returned. One product had a fault in the lid that popped it open. When I took that back a few weeks later, same receptionist would not let me see Dr DB but only called back to her in her office, on the phone at my insistance. Dr. DB finally agreed to replace it as she admitted it had happened to a few other bottles. But she WOULD NOT come out to the front to see me. I have never gone back, never will and have never been contacted to book for that 'after' photo. In the meantime I have been using my products by little droplets at a time, to try to make the $1500 purchase last as long as it can!
DO NOT get fooled into this like I did.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2784920].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

SHE IS THE WORST, SHE ONLY WANTS YOU TO BUY THE $300 SINK CARE PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!! WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND HER!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2705164].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2015

This Doctor borders on being negligent. When I went to her she told me that she had been pursuing becoming a Dermatologist so she was so knowledgeable about skin issues. She sold me $300 worth of products very quickly. I used a facial mask (Alryia) and the skin peeled so deeply off my nose and around my mouth that it was just raw and so once it began to heal, caused lumpy skin and large pores. I was absolutely mortified. I went to another clinic for their opinion as I had taken my son there and had good results, and the lady there said I think you have staff infection there and you need to go back to your doctor to see if she'll give you antibiotics. I went back to Dr. Demkiw-Bartel and she just said no, you don't have staff infection, but I'll sell you more products to clear up this problem as "I can see that your skin went lumpy", those were her words.. I was desperate and she assured me it would work. So $600 later!! I walked out of the clinic very hopeful and much lighter in the pocket. I tried three of the items that I felt were less strong...in other words something that wasn't going to peel my entire face, and I had problems with each one of them...one turned my skin orange and my husband noticed it too. So I went back about 1 month later and told her I'd like to return the unused items and get back at least $375 for those items never opened. She then informed me that they don't take any items back and that Alyria will not take them back either!! Never any mention of this when they were selling me the products. These items were not ordered specially for me so they could have just gone back on her shelf as they were in perfect condition and untouched. I was very unhappy and I told her that this had ruined my skin and that I wanted to go and see a Dermatologist. She typed quickly and made it look like she was sending a referral to a Dermatologist. So I contacted the Dermatologist after about 4 months and they couldn't tell me if they had a referral but said it could take 7 months to get a call. I never did get a call so began to realize that the Doc had not sent in a referral. So I contacted her office in Nov. and she was on holidays but they'd call me back. No call back, so I called again. Then her "new" assistance checked with the Doctor and said that "she did not send in a referral to a dermatologist because she didn't think that that's what I needed". It was very evident at that time that she just didn't want a Dermatologist seeing the mess she had mad of my skin plus him finding out that it cost me $1000 for her to do this to me! I only saw her about 3 times ever but she was always extremely rushed and just wanted to shove you back out the door. As far as I can see, she's only in it for the money and not for the actual care of the person. I went to the Mediclinic today and right away they did a referral to a Dermatologist...thank God. Unfortunately I'll probably have to wait quite a few months to get in. Please think twice...or three times about using this Doctor. I may have these lumps and scars for the rest of my life because I went to see her, and she bled me of $1000 to boot!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2704466].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2015

WORST DOCTOR EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2660936].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2014

Has become a very poor doctor. Over time she has become rushed and unconcerned about the patient in front of her. Myself and my daughters used to be her patients but she misdiagnosed my one daughters ear infection despite her having lifelong ear issues - twice we ended up in emergency to get treatment. My other daughter injured herself in a hockey incident. Dr. told her not to worry about her knee that it was fine. We ended up in the hospital that night due to pain - my daughter had a torn ACL!!! The emergency doctor was shocked over our earlier Dr. visit! When we went in for a check up and physio referral she actually yelled at my daughter for using a knee brace and crutches! She calmed down when I told her we told the emergency Dr. about her and that he was appalled by her diagnosis and lack of care. She reluctantly gave us a physio referral. Too many other little incidents to mention here but I happy not to ever see her again considering the damage she could have done!

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2484574].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

My family has been visiting Dr Bartel for the past 4-5 years. We were initially happy with her service and glad to find a family doctor so close to home. Over time, as stated in many of the other reviews, the level of attention and perceived interest began to diminish. Appointments began to feel rushed, diagnoses began to lean more heavily towards prescription drugs and less towards any investigative medical work. Sadly, one can feel a distinct difference in the level of service received in comparison to patients who are also customers of her side gig of selling skin care products. We are unfortunately now searching for a new family doctor. It's disappointing considering the amount of time invested in Dr Bartel, by our family. To feel the need to start fresh with a new physician is not something that anybody wants to feel the need to do at this point in our lives.

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][1898046].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2013

She seemed nice at first but she prescribed me 200$ worth of lotions for a skin problem. These lotions are sold at her clinic but not covered by insurance, so after talking to my insurance company I returned them, unopened the next day. I asked the receptionist from the start if they would be covered, and she said they might be. That is the only reason I decided to purchase them, because I assumed my insurance would cover them. Dr Bartel was very rude and unhappy that I was returning them, and made it seem like I was being unreasonable because I couldn't afford 3 lotions that cost me almost 200$. I had to go back to the clinic three times in order to get my money back, and all three times was treated very poorly. I am not happy with the level of professionalism that was used. I highly recommend finding a different doctor. I have never had a worse experience in the health care system in my whole life.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1898016].votes_count ]]