Ratings for Dr. Lorraine Cytowski

The receptionist doesn't answer the phone or call you back. This is a problem when you are sick and don't want to physically make a trip to the office to make an appointment. Even the pharmacy calls don't get picked up which they remark on every time we take a prescription in. The wait time is usually one and a half hours past the appointment time. I do like her as a doctor and she has been very helpful in some cases. In other cases she is not particularly interested in solving some issues or delving into things she is not familiar with. A request by another doctor's office sat there until we happened to come in weeks later and ask about it. I think it's time to find a new doctor.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

A very caring, friendly and knowledgeable caregiver!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

The only way to get an appointment is to go in person.. been waiting over 3 weeks for a call back to book an appointment.. doc is knowledgable but to get an appointment good luck.. you have better chance at winning the lottery

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

My husband and I have been patients of Dr. Cytowski's for about 20 years; since she worked at the walk-in clinic in Etobicoke. Since we moved to Brampton 10 years ago we've continued to make the hour-long trek down to Mississauga to see her. However, we're now thinking about finding a new family doctor. First of all, getting Kristen to answer your call is impossible and leaving messages doesn't always mean you will get a call back. I have sat in the waiting room and watched her ignore incoming calls. Also, some of the conversations I have heard her having with people in the waiting room are just not appropriate for everyone to be hearing. As for Dr. Cytowski, she has changed over the years and not for the better. I almost feel as if she is tired of being a doctor and hearing about the problems of her patients. Me and my husband both agree that we're getting a different "vibe" from her now when we visit. Also, it is not uncommon for us to wait a half to one hour after our appointment time to get in to see her This is unacceptable. Our time is valuable too. The negatives of dealing with Dr.Cytowski now outweigh the positives so I think it is time for a change. Sorry.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

The secretary Kristen is terrible! She is very rude and unprofessional. She doesn't pick up the phone when sitting at the front desk. You typically wait several days for the secretary to return your call if she ever does. As a patient you shouldn’t have to follow up numerous times to make an appointment. The wait times are atrocious. Expect to wait a minimum of 30 minutes past your appointment time before you see the doctor. I recently left the office after waiting over 30 minutes and the next time I saw the doctor she accused me of arriving early. I will be getting a new doctor.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

Dr Cytowski is caring , professional, and does not rush you out of her office. Be grateful if you are the recipient of the extra time she spends with what concerns you.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

I've been a patient of Dr. Cytowski's for many years now and commend her for her care and professionalism. When in doubt, she doesn't hesitate to refer patients to specialists ensuring that nothing is overlooked. Appointments are not always on time so I bring a book and enjoy the cozy ---never crowded --waiting room. Kirsten is a little unconventional, but very smart and helpful. I'm grateful for their care.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

It's impossible to get through to this doctor for an appointment. The secretary Kristen, is very unprofessional, not a friendly person.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Dr Cytowski really knows her stuff. She listens well, understands clearly and acts on what she hears. When speaking to any of the staff in person they are pleasant to me and as helpful as they can be. Having said this I cannot emphasize strongly enough how terrible the response time is to phone calls with requests for appointments or for follow up on issues. I CANNOT get anyone to call me back and this has happened over and over again. I have had many dialogues about this on going problem and I am told that they are doing the best they can. If they cannot supply an effective communication system for patients than obviously some part of the logistics should change. I am going to continue to ask for better patient contact and I hope for a change because I would hate to leave such an accomplished doctor.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

Terribly inconsiderate of patient's time...should spend some money to hire a more professional receptionist. I have been with this doctor for many years, have complained and hoped for changes but falls on deaf ears...no change, so I am finding someone else. Enough is enough.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015