Ratings for Dr. Alan S. Tuckman

I have had a left ankle surgery done at LGH by Dr. Tuckman on Dec 2016. After he removed the first full leg cast I complained "I am having pain above and below my knee." He neglected to examine the area. One month later, I developed BlOOD CLOTS above and below my knee. I was in LGH Er 4 times and in house 3 times. The second time I was in house he appeared at my bed side asking me how I was and he replied "It's only a bump in the road." I had surgery to remove 90% of the clots, and have had internal bleeding and was given 3 pints of blood. Now I am on blood thinners and will be on the medication indefinitely. If only he could have exam me correctly in the first place it would have been taken care of without all of the anguish caused for 4 months. I hope no one has to go through this, like I had to experienced. I give him a BAD rating!!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Alan is a great doctor. I had a major ankle break and he did surgery and I'm back playing soccer after some rehab. He was very nice and I enjoyed his sense of humor. I would strongly recommend him. Beware of some of the 1 star reviews. It looks more like a patient who threatened to give a bad review to blackmail for pain meds. I saw a TV program that went over the tactics addicted people will do for pain meds. So make sure you do you thorough research and take this review site as a grain of salt. Especially on review sites like this where you don't have to sign your name and address to it.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2016

Wow! I was reading some of these reviews and I'm not sure who they are talking about. My wife and I as well as both of my children have been patients of Dr. Tuckman for over 10 years. He has always been personable, compassionate and really knows his stuff. He has always educated us about the problems and seems to focus on the non-surgical options first. I would strongly recommend his without reservations. I guess everyone has different experiences, but our family's has been 5 stars. I've also referred a number of patients to him over the years and they would say the same. You are in great hands with Dr. Tuckman!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2016

Very down to earth and easy to communicate with. I wouldn't choose to get my foot care anywhere else but with him.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

The staff is wonderful but Dr. Tuckman is the most insensitive, cold, rude doctor I have ever been treated by. I have heard about horror stories from other patients regarding lancaster orthopedic. That this practice doesn't truly care about their patients just obtaining a paycheck from the insurance companies and the patient. But I didn't want to judge a book by it's cover. Well several Thousands of dollars later, I now see what other patients were warning about. You are lucky if you get ten minutes with the doctors especially Dr. Tuckman. Not only did he gloat about his home and new car, not thinking it's at the patients expense but he literally does NOT care about the patient. For over a year I have been seeing this doctor and several times he could not even remember who I was or my condition. And today he as cold as his personality is just told me, "I can't help you" and that even though my foot which I broke in the worst way is still not operating correctly he informed me, "who really needs to use their last 3 toes anyway, really you only need your big toe to function"...his exact words. I used to job, I used to go for hikes, I cannot walk without being in pain. A bone scan done by another specialist revealed my bones in my foot are not all healing correctly and he didn't care. My husband literally became so irate that he informed him we are still human beings and not just a number or paycheck. And this doctor didn't care. So I send this warning out to anyone who needs a foot specialist. I will be exploring other orthopedic doctors and I will ensure that everyone I come across and any way I can warn individuals about this doctor seek help elsewhere. He is not only a horrible doctor but a HORRIBLE individual. And his character is cold, un caring, and you really are just a number and a paycheck to him.

Submitted September 15, 2016

Gee. I'm reading these negative reviews and must say that I had the BEST experience with Dr. Tuckman! Surgery went perfectly, healing great. He was very professional, explained procedure and everything went as planned. No problem whatsoever

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

This is hand's down the worst Dr i have been to and feel the need to warn people. I really hope this guy loses his Medical licence. The guy not listening to me lying to my face and trying to run off like a coward when called on said lie all in two min is unacceptable. I really feel sorry for those that allowed this horrible person to operate on them and ruin there lives, No joke one patient of his even said. (I wouldn't wish his care on my worst enemy) I really need to look at these so called Dr's ratings first, And others please do share your negative experiences with people like this they must be stopped!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

Dr. Tuckman is very professsional. I had bunion surgeries (one on each foot). He was always very caring, courteous, and friendly. He took the time to explain what the procedures would be on my feet. I also liked how he took the time to answer all my questions at my check-ups.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

I had a terrible ankle accident and was put together by plates and screws and after 3 years of pain I was told to go see Dr. Tuckman. He did a total new ankle replacement and for the first time in years I can walk without pain. One more surgery to get the rest of the screws and a plate out of the right side of the right foot and then I will have a bionic ankle.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

Dr. Tuckman completed a surgery on my foot and then it was not healing. I feel like he did not listen to how much pain I was in. I went to Hershey for a second opinion and needed to go through a second surgery to fix what he messed up! I wouldn't want him operating on my dog!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

Dr. Alan S. Tuckman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 1990)