Ratings for Dr. May Sue Mah

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Unfortunately, my experience with Dr. Mah was disheartening. During my initial visit, we spoke at length about all of my issues and set up an appointment to do an internal exam. At my exam approximately one month later, she whisked into the room, did a quick exam, and gave me no advice pertinent to any of the things we spoke about at the initial appointment. She said many of my issues stemmed from things I was not involved in, and brought up things other doctors had ruled out in the past. When I pryed for more information, and questioned her, she said simply shook her head. I am very disappointed & am now left feeling more anxious about my general health as I wasn't given any real solutions, only more worries.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

I attended this physician 1x and that was enough for me to fire her and go somewhere else. I am not there to make friends nor do I concern myself too much about reception (even though the one here is significantly rude) or 'bedside manners' IF the doctor is diagnostically competent and listens to symptomology . However, Mah lacks both, bedside manners as she was very rough with her biopsy (yes, ladies we can get freezing during a biopsy for additional comfort!) and did not even give a warning she was doing one! She completely dismissed my symptoms and attempted several times during brief exam to convince me I have constipation (?!?) rather than 'woman issues'. I could not reiterate enough to her that I do not have constipation and my PELVIC pain is of concern not my bladder or abdomen. There was no follow up information with regards to spot bleeding or excruciating pain post biopsy despite me asking what to expect. Stay away from her. Her equipment is 20-30 yrs old. There are so many other OBGYN out there to choose from. No wonder her appointment schedule is so open.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

I agree with the front staff comment. She is very unprofessional and rude and totally acts like she owns the place. She refused to check my results for me. She never answers the phone. Because of this, I've had to go to the office personally but have found the office closed during working hours. Hope Dr. Mah does something soon.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

In my single experience Dr Mah disregards your chart, your history, previous diagnoses, your previous test results and makes snap judgments with no questions asked of the patient. She seems to have forgotten to treat the people she sees as people not their "condition". She was very domineering towards me, all my questions and concerns were dismissed or unanswered or said to be irrelevant. My main concern is the overt dismissal of other Doctor's diagnoses without checking the relevant tests, as well as insisting on a course of action that went against all previous diagnoses by other Doctors and which could make me quite ill if incorrect. I will not be following her recommendation or returning to see her.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

One of her receptionists is terrible. I guess Dr. Mah doesn't know that. This receptionist thinks she owns the place and does not pick up the phone. I left voice messages and no one called me back... If know who the receptionist is by talking to other patients... but I guess with time Dr. Mah will find out how terrible this staff is. And sure the receptionist can claim that she works in a stressfull environment... then she should find a differrent job instead of unfairly treating patients or torturing herself.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

She butchered me when she did my hysterectomy. Left a fistula in my bladder rendering me incontinent. I had to endure another major surgery to repair her error. She acted angry when I went to see her regarding my difficulties post-surgery. It killed her to squeak out "I'm sorry" as she left the room, admitting fault bedrudgingly. The urologist I was referred to for the repair apologized on her behalf, it took me months to recover from both surgeries. I also was not given proper pain control after the initial surgery and I am certain that someone helped themselves to my Rx of Morphine. I wouldn't let a dog suffer the pain I was in...the nurses said I had to wait hours until she did rounds. Ether the doctor took my meds or a nurse did.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

Although Dr. Mah is blunt and doesn't coddle, she knows what she's doing. And she can pull strings like nobody's business. For example, she rigged up daily home NST visits for me when I started getting nervous during a pregnancy (which came after a full-term stillbirth)--even though this treatment is meant for women on bed rest. To ease my heart, Mah also wrote me a ton of ultrasound requisitions with no questions asked. The staff are wonderful, but not chatty--just take a moment to talk with them and they warm up quickly. Sometimes I've had to wait for appointments, but I've learned to book first thing in the morning or right after lunch. I'm more of the go-with-the-flow type, so we get along easily. Type A women might butt heads a little more or they might appreciate Mah's pointedness. She's was always willing to answer any questions I had, but be prepared for some vague answers since Dr. Mah knows that pregnancies can be unpredictable. Dr. Mah isn't for everyone, but I trust her and she's right for me.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

Worst doctor ever!! Horrible doctor ever! Terrible doctor ever! All bad words can be used to describe her! I just cannot understand why she could be accepted and be called a doctor! After my first visit to her office, I was thinking if I should come back to her. She was inmpatient, very short with the appointment, did not answer your questions, which I mean she kept quiet for most questions you asked. It is wired. E.g. She once asked me what I ate for lunch, I told her I had 3 chicken wings. Before I said other things, she looked so shocked as if I had the most incredible meal in the world! And said "3 chicken wings, my goodness, how could you eat 3 chicken wings at one time? " I was scared cause I thought the meal could do harm to my baby, and asked "they are not good to the baby? How could I eat better?" Guess what her answer was. She kept quiet for a couple minutes, then said "very interesting diet!" I was thinking of changing to a different doctor during my pregnancy, but my friends said many doctors are like that, fast and keep appt short as they do not have much time. I understand that. She was not the only doctor I visited in my life. The reason I kept her until my delivery was the hospital will let the OBGYN to be your doctor at your labour. And she is in this field for over 30 years. However that was one of my biggest mistake in my life. It turned out she almost killed my baby! Without other people's help, my baby could not get back to life! I went to the hospital after I bled. She did not do much in the first 12 hours, except a few visits. I was feeling happy as I thought the doctor did not need to be there that much, which means everything was fine with me and my baby. Until the last half 10 or 15 minutes before the baby came, she bruptly pushed me and demanded me to push hard. I tried all my means at that time, while she was laughing at my grunting and crying, asking me not to make any sound when pushing! She laughed at my husband as he was encouraging me in our language! When my baby came, anther doctor was called and some nurses came in and brought her back to life! When I was still half conscious, she was doing some stitches at my wounds. However, she stitched some blood in, and made one side of my bottom swollen like a tennis ball! Then I was suggested to have another operation to cut it open and suck the blood out the next day! It turned out 5 days passed after my baby was born and could get enough breatmilk for her! I would not say all those had nothing to do with that bitch doctor's doings! The day after when I asked her why I was given such a short time to push, she was very loud and told me it was because the nurses were guffing around, she was trying to correct some of their errors! What a liar!! I hope future mother-to-be's see this story of mine and do not go to this still-called-a-doctor witch. Do not think she has a. Chinese background as you and can help you more. She would even laugh at you if you do not understand her English, as she will think it is your fault and cannot understand much English! You will probably feel more discrimination than other times, just like I feel the most when I was in the labour room!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

I've been a patient for years. Had my ups and downs. She knows what she's talking about but can be very short with you. Don't expect anything longer than 5 minutes with her. New staff seemed quite unprofessional. Kinda a toss up.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Dr. May Sue Mah's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "https://www.facebook.com/Unofficial-Crash-Few-Things-Lasts-Forever-941187059321599/ Please dr sue Mah May Sue read and enjoy myu ovel. DR.N.DANISH"

February 8, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Unfortunately, my experience with Dr. Mah was disheartening. During my initial visit, we spoke at length about all of my issues and set up an appointment to do ..."

January 21, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I attended this physician 1x and that was enough for me to fire her and go somewhere else. I am not there to make friends nor do I concern myself too much about..."

January 20, 2016
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I agree with the front staff comment. She is very unprofessional and rude and totally acts like she owns the place. She refused to check my results for me. She ..."

November 11, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "In my single experience Dr Mah disregards your chart, your history, previous diagnoses, your previous test results and makes snap judgments with no questions a..."

November 10, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "One of her receptionists is terrible. I guess Dr. Mah doesn't know that. This receptionist thinks she owns the place and does not pick up the phone. I left voic..."

October 26, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "She butchered me when she did my hysterectomy. Left a fistula in my bladder rendering me incontinent. I had to endure another major surgery to repair her error...."

August 26, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Although Dr. Mah is blunt and doesn't coddle, she knows what she's doing. And she can pull strings like nobody's business. For example, she rigged up daily home..."

August 14, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Worst doctor ever!! Horrible doctor ever! Terrible doctor ever! All bad words can be used to describe her! I just cannot understand why she could be accepted an..."

August 1, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I've been a patient for years. Had my ups and downs. She knows what she's talking about but can be very short with you. Don't expect anything longer than 5 minu..."

June 18, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "STAY AWAY. I went for one appointment with her and she was terrible and rude. Her staff, also, were just as rude and terrible."

June 10, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "T5A0" to "T5T 5W8". Address has been updated from "None" to "None 17703 98A Ave NW". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17804899730".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "TERRIBLE DOCTOR!!! I had to stay in Edmonton for a few weeks for concern my baby would come early, when I went for a check up she was rude, made a comment about..."

June 2, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Total and complete mean lady. Worked as a nurse with her and she was very mean. Kind of a bully. "

May 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "At first I wasn't so sure about Dr.Mah but as my pregnancy progressed I saw what a great doctor she is. People can't get mad at her for being late, if she has a..."

May 7, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Don`t waste Your time. Find somebody else. She doesn't listen, She doesn't care. Hard to communicate with."

April 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I loved Dr. Mah! She had my best interest in mind, always made me feel good. Answered any questions I had. Never had a long wait at her office. I would suggest ..."

April 9, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. May sue mah is not someone I would ever go to again. I had my first born in 2013 and the experience was awful to the point where I had anxiety for months. E..."

March 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. May Sue Mah is very rude and trashy with the patients and staff. She also very bad technically, during surgeries and procedures. Her knowledge of medicine i..."

March 7, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "She did 2 c section for me I feel okay. After that when I want to her for an iud she did it for me for 175$ it was really painful she doesn't explain to me how ..."

March 4, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Horrible. She acts like your concerns are not important. Her office is dirty and is falling apart, literally. She seems to be more concerned with pushing as ..."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. May just delivered by second son by c-section. She was a fabulous doctor who listened to my concerns and always kept my health and my baby's health top pri..."

February 3, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I have nothing bad to say about Dr. Mah. She treated me good from my whole pregnancy. My baby is almost 1 year old now, a healthy baby boy. I heard so much bad ..."

December 31, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "When I first started having issues with my period, I had seen my doctor and he refereed me to Dr. Mah. He told me straight up that she is a very serious person,..."

December 15, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very satisfied with her as my doctor. She tried her best to save my life after diagnosed with acretta. I felt her concern and sincerity everytime i go for my c..."

October 29, 2014
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mah's staff member who got me ready for my appointment was not friendly, but not rude. She just seemed like a generally unhappy person. I arrived early, and..."

October 6, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "What a horrible experience! She's a bully. No other word for it. Attempts to make you feel ashamed for going to the doctor! She dismisses symptoms and then ..."

October 2, 2014
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Very satisfied with her. Gave birth to 2 kids with Dr. Mah as my doctor and satisfied with her care and treatment to patient. I would recommend her as she a ve..."

September 24, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "TERRIBLE! TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE. Avoid at all costs."

September 22, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "She is always in a hurry and doesnt provide enough info that I need to know. When i ask questions, it seems that she looks annoyed. I waited for her for more th..."

September 22, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I saw her years ago when I was 16,(i'm 22 now). I hadn't had my period yet and also had not had any sexual intercourse. I suffered Post Traumatic Stress Disorde..."

September 22, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She is amazing. She has followed all my pregnancies (5 in total) and i couldnt be happier. I honestly dont think i could have gotten a better Dr. I have no comp..."

September 18, 2014