Ratings for Dr. May Sue Mah

She may have many years of experience, but that is her downfall. After many recomendations from family members i chose to go with her when i was pregnant with my first . She is extremely rough with examinations and careless of your birth plans and decisions. Ultimately the birth will go her way and on her schedule whether you like it or not. Unless you dont mind getting induced and ending up with an epidural, think twice about going with this Doctor.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Dr. Mah was literally the worst doctor I ever saw. As a newly married woman who recently suffered a devastating ectopic she was recommended as a specialist. She was short tempered, rude, and extremely cruel to me. She gave me an HSG to check my remaining Fallopian tube. She stabbed me so hard with the forcepts I bled everywhere and had to be given pain medication and a sanitary pad before leaving the hospital. She couldn't get the dye to squirt into my uterus. She blamed me for not relaxing well YEAH that happens when you friggen stab someone in their cervix!!! She said oh looks like your tube is blocked... left the hospital in tears. We than went to her office to ask about our fertility options. You know what she told me when I asked? "You can NEVER have a baby, get over it!"And she left the room! I cried, and cried and cried. I was in tears all the way home. Years later and a new doc, a laparoscopy revealed my tube was NOT blocked! She just messed up the procedure!! Seriously, do not go to this woman, she has no empathy or kindness whatsoever and seriously scarred me inside and out! I think she enjoyed destroying my hopes and dreams of being a mother in a malicious way. By the way Dr Mah, if you ever read your own reviews I have a beautiful naturally conceived dauhter no thanks to you! I'm pregnant again, so your heartless remarks were not true in any way. The only thing I gained from seeing you was a serious mental scar. Awful, awful Doctor - please save yourself the pain and find someone else! Highly recommend Dr Gale Black she is awesome!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

Awesome doctor for many years. She delivered all of my nieces and nephews 25 years ago. She's still delivering our family into the world as it expands. Best doctor in alberta. Thank you dr mah for my beautiful boy in November. He's perfect.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Dr. Mah has been my doctor since I was a teenager. And as I got older and had babies she delivery my babies . All good . But the last time I went to here about a year and half . I had but IUD and bought a gift for Dr. Mah and her two staff. But as I was the last one to leave . And doctor didn't notice I was still in her clinic waiting for my ride to come . Before that I got them a merci chocolate for there help as a gift . But Dr. Mah said something that doesn't went me to go back anymore . She said that is why she is fat look what she eats . That just made hate here and to complain about it . And than she start to laugh and one of her staff . No one has the right to judge anyone by how they look and any other facts of a person . It is unperfectly for her to talk like that . As I see it it doesn't mean if someone is overweight that means they eat too much or they eat only fatty food . Maybe they are eating healthy but there is something else they are overweight. And if someone is skinny that means to people they don't eat . When it is a different way . They eat but it doesn't show on them.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Unfortunately, my experience with Dr. Mah was disheartening. During my initial visit, we spoke at length about all of my issues and set up an appointment to do an internal exam. At my exam approximately one month later, she whisked into the room, did a quick exam, and gave me no advice pertinent to any of the things we spoke about at the initial appointment. She said many of my issues stemmed from things I was not involved in, and brought up things other doctors had ruled out in the past. When I pryed for more information, and questioned her, she said simply shook her head. I am very disappointed & am now left feeling more anxious about my general health as I wasn't given any real solutions, only more worries.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

I attended this physician 1x and that was enough for me to fire her and go somewhere else. I am not there to make friends nor do I concern myself too much about reception (even though the one here is significantly rude) or 'bedside manners' IF the doctor is diagnostically competent and listens to symptomology . However, Mah lacks both, bedside manners as she was very rough with her biopsy (yes, ladies we can get freezing during a biopsy for additional comfort!) and did not even give a warning she was doing one! She completely dismissed my symptoms and attempted several times during brief exam to convince me I have constipation (?!?) rather than 'woman issues'. I could not reiterate enough to her that I do not have constipation and my PELVIC pain is of concern not my bladder or abdomen. There was no follow up information with regards to spot bleeding or excruciating pain post biopsy despite me asking what to expect. Stay away from her. Her equipment is 20-30 yrs old. There are so many other OBGYN out there to choose from. No wonder her appointment schedule is so open.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

I agree with the front staff comment. She is very unprofessional and rude and totally acts like she owns the place. She refused to check my results for me. She never answers the phone. Because of this, I've had to go to the office personally but have found the office closed during working hours. Hope Dr. Mah does something soon.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

In my single experience Dr Mah disregards your chart, your history, previous diagnoses, your previous test results and makes snap judgments with no questions asked of the patient. She seems to have forgotten to treat the people she sees as people not their "condition". She was very domineering towards me, all my questions and concerns were dismissed or unanswered or said to be irrelevant. My main concern is the overt dismissal of other Doctor's diagnoses without checking the relevant tests, as well as insisting on a course of action that went against all previous diagnoses by other Doctors and which could make me quite ill if incorrect. I will not be following her recommendation or returning to see her.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

One of her receptionists is terrible. I guess Dr. Mah doesn't know that. This receptionist thinks she owns the place and does not pick up the phone. I left voice messages and no one called me back... If know who the receptionist is by talking to other patients... but I guess with time Dr. Mah will find out how terrible this staff is. And sure the receptionist can claim that she works in a stressfull environment... then she should find a differrent job instead of unfairly treating patients or torturing herself.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

Dr. May Sue Mah's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "She may have many years of experience, but that is her downfall. After many recomendations from family members i chose to go with her when i was pregnant with m..."

April 6, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mah was literally the worst doctor I ever saw. As a newly married woman who recently suffered a devastating ectopic she was recommended as a specialist. She..."

March 6, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Awesome doctor for many years. She delivered all of my nieces and nephews 25 years ago. She's still delivering our family into the world as it expands. Best doc..."

February 24, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mah has been my doctor since I was a teenager. And as I got older and had babies she delivery my babies . All good . But the last time I went to here abou..."

February 17, 2016
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "https://www.facebook.com/Unofficial-Crash-Few-Things-Lasts-Forever-941187059321599/ Please dr sue Mah May Sue read and enjoy myu ovel. DR.N.DANISH"

February 8, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Unfortunately, my experience with Dr. Mah was disheartening. During my initial visit, we spoke at length about all of my issues and set up an appointment to do ..."

January 21, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I attended this physician 1x and that was enough for me to fire her and go somewhere else. I am not there to make friends nor do I concern myself too much about..."

January 20, 2016
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I agree with the front staff comment. She is very unprofessional and rude and totally acts like she owns the place. She refused to check my results for me. She ..."

November 11, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "In my single experience Dr Mah disregards your chart, your history, previous diagnoses, your previous test results and makes snap judgments with no questions a..."

November 10, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "One of her receptionists is terrible. I guess Dr. Mah doesn't know that. This receptionist thinks she owns the place and does not pick up the phone. I left voic..."

October 26, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "She butchered me when she did my hysterectomy. Left a fistula in my bladder rendering me incontinent. I had to endure another major surgery to repair her error...."

August 26, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Although Dr. Mah is blunt and doesn't coddle, she knows what she's doing. And she can pull strings like nobody's business. For example, she rigged up daily home..."

August 14, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Worst doctor ever!! Horrible doctor ever! Terrible doctor ever! All bad words can be used to describe her! I just cannot understand why she could be accepted an..."

August 1, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I've been a patient for years. Had my ups and downs. She knows what she's talking about but can be very short with you. Don't expect anything longer than 5 minu..."

June 18, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "STAY AWAY. I went for one appointment with her and she was terrible and rude. Her staff, also, were just as rude and terrible."

June 10, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "T5A0" to "T5T 5W8". Address has been updated from "None" to "None 17703 98A Ave NW". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17804899730".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "TERRIBLE DOCTOR!!! I had to stay in Edmonton for a few weeks for concern my baby would come early, when I went for a check up she was rude, made a comment about..."

June 2, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Total and complete mean lady. Worked as a nurse with her and she was very mean. Kind of a bully. "

May 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "At first I wasn't so sure about Dr.Mah but as my pregnancy progressed I saw what a great doctor she is. People can't get mad at her for being late, if she has a..."

May 7, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Don`t waste Your time. Find somebody else. She doesn't listen, She doesn't care. Hard to communicate with."

April 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I loved Dr. Mah! She had my best interest in mind, always made me feel good. Answered any questions I had. Never had a long wait at her office. I would suggest ..."

April 9, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. May sue mah is not someone I would ever go to again. I had my first born in 2013 and the experience was awful to the point where I had anxiety for months. E..."

March 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. May Sue Mah is very rude and trashy with the patients and staff. She also very bad technically, during surgeries and procedures. Her knowledge of medicine i..."

March 7, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "She did 2 c section for me I feel okay. After that when I want to her for an iud she did it for me for 175$ it was really painful she doesn't explain to me how ..."

March 4, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Horrible. She acts like your concerns are not important. Her office is dirty and is falling apart, literally. She seems to be more concerned with pushing as ..."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. May just delivered by second son by c-section. She was a fabulous doctor who listened to my concerns and always kept my health and my baby's health top pri..."

February 3, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I have nothing bad to say about Dr. Mah. She treated me good from my whole pregnancy. My baby is almost 1 year old now, a healthy baby boy. I heard so much bad ..."

December 31, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "When I first started having issues with my period, I had seen my doctor and he refereed me to Dr. Mah. He told me straight up that she is a very serious person,..."

December 15, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very satisfied with her as my doctor. She tried her best to save my life after diagnosed with acretta. I felt her concern and sincerity everytime i go for my c..."

October 29, 2014
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mah's staff member who got me ready for my appointment was not friendly, but not rude. She just seemed like a generally unhappy person. I arrived early, and..."

October 6, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "What a horrible experience! She's a bully. No other word for it. Attempts to make you feel ashamed for going to the doctor! She dismisses symptoms and then ..."

October 2, 2014
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Very satisfied with her. Gave birth to 2 kids with Dr. Mah as my doctor and satisfied with her care and treatment to patient. I would recommend her as she a ve..."

September 24, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "TERRIBLE! TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE. Avoid at all costs."

September 22, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "She is always in a hurry and doesnt provide enough info that I need to know. When i ask questions, it seems that she looks annoyed. I waited for her for more th..."

September 22, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I saw her years ago when I was 16,(i'm 22 now). I hadn't had my period yet and also had not had any sexual intercourse. I suffered Post Traumatic Stress Disorde..."

September 22, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She is amazing. She has followed all my pregnancies (5 in total) and i couldnt be happier. I honestly dont think i could have gotten a better Dr. I have no comp..."

September 18, 2014