Dr. Wee Lim Sim

5 1 3.7

You may also like

Rate Dr. Wee Lim Sim

Dr. Wee Lim Sim's Ratings

In 1977, my mother rushed me to our country doctors office. I was 18 years old, in severe pain, and had no strength to walk. The doctor had to carry me from my mom's car into his office. After finding my blood pressure too low to get a reading, he gave me a shot of adrenaline, and sent me by ambulance to the hospital for exploratory surgery.

This is where I first met Dr. Sim. He arrived by bicycle, because it was faster to get to the ER that way, no traffic. He found the problem, and even though the incision was a good 6" long, left almost no scar at all. That takes the hands of a very fine surgeon!

Over the last 35+ years, I'm certain I've been in his office well over 100 times. We have been through 3 deliveries, and another surgery together. One thing that was consistent, was his care for his patients. Were his office walls cluttered? Well, if you consider that there wasn't an empty spot for a patient or new mom to put one more note of thanks, admiration and appreciation, or another photo of the latest baby he had delivered, then yes. Those photo's and notes were all displayed along side, and as proudly as his multiple medical degrees and certificates of upgrade.

Dr. Sim, like my country doctor, was from a different place and time. The day's when babies were born on the doctor's kitchen table "if" that's where he had the best lighting. If I called with a lump, or pain, he would tell me his last patient was 7pm, could I be at his office for 7:30? If it was the weekend and he wasn't working at the hospital, he'd simply ask how long it would take me to get to his office and he'd be there. Who does that these days? The patient was his priority, not his office décor. I moved 1.5 hours from Ottawa almost 30 years ago, and still kept Dr. Sim as my doctor, because he was the most experienced, dependable, trustworthy doctor I had ever come across.

The report in the Ottawa Citizen brought tears to my eyes. That such a proud, devoted doctor would be put though such a disgrace as a hearing. I was never in Dr. Sim's care for an abortion. I have had to make my way through protesters, to get to my check-ups though. I truly hope that this hearing isn't as a result of a scheme by anti-abortion protesters to take out another supporter of women's rights. Remember Dr. Henry Morgentaler spent over 50 years fighting for a women's right to choose. He suffered in prison, fire bombings of his clinics, and death threats. I really hope this isn't what is going on in another form, with Dr. Sim's case.
This is a free country. If you can't get past the look of his office for the value of his years of experience, go somewhere else. Don't complain to the College of Physicians and spoil it for the rest of the patients that do value his expertise.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2826950].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

A truly excellent ob/gyn, despite the humble surroundings. He delivered two of my three sons - my third one was too quick and the nurse delivered him just as Dr. Sim showed up. He works round the clock. He listens to the patient and doesn't rush the due date by suggesting unnecessary caesarians. Good sense of humour. One of the most memorable doctors I've experienced.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2804709].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Sim's for over 20 years. He is the most knowledgeable and caring doctor I have ever been to. There are several times that I needed to call him late at night and he's always responded to me immediately. He always emails my lab results as soon as he gets them. I do not know of any other doctor who does this. I have recommended several family and friends to him and everyone of them love him. I agree that his office is messy not dirty but messy but I disagree with other patients comments that his stuff is rude. His receptionist Sue , has been nothing but wonderful,pleasant and caring to me for so many years. It is a 2 Hour Drive each way for me to see him, but I would rather drive that far to see him than any other doctor. I did rate his punctuality as a three as I usually have to wait to be seen by him, but once I am in his office he takes the time to answer any questions I may have, and not make me feel that I am rushed as many other doctors do. Dr. Sim has helped so many women over the years deliver healthy babies, become pregnant or find things that other doctors have missed. I am very grateful to have had such a wonderful doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2780419].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Dr. Sim is an amazing doctor, I have been his patient for over 27 years. He is responsible and takes good care of his patients. He is very prompt in responding to e-mails and returing test results. For any urgent issue, he will see me right away. If not urgent, I am able to set an appointment to see him within a week. I am very lucky to have him as my Gyn doctor. Dr. Sim is knowledgeable, dedicated, and devoted to his job. The nurse, Sue, is very nice person, friendly and a hard worker.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2492870].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2014

Im 45, Dr.Sim is the only Gyn I will see, I have seen him since I was 16, he delivered both my daughters, he is an amazing doctor, very friendly and has a good sense of humor as well, his office is small and cluttered, but that has nothing to do with who he is as a doctor, he is simply the best and he protects his patients at all cost, I love love love this doctor. I feel very blessed to have such a knowledgeable man on my side caring for me and my girls. very personable and his secretary Sue is a wonderful lady with a genuine smile and a giggle here and there .. love ya Sue !!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1900587].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2012

Peope who do not trust Dr. Sim are very ignorant and lucky that nothing important happened to their health. Dr. Sim is the most intelligent,caring and smart gynecologist in the whole world and yes DO believe me. It is a shame that he does not deliver babies anymore. Yes, his office is small and may look dirty but you will never meet someone as knowledgable as him. You want great advice, you want to know what is wrong with you, you want to know anything you see Dr. Sim.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1900586].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2011

Dr. Sim is by far the best doctor that my daughter and I have ever had. He delivered her 28 years ago and he is extremely knowledgeable and capable. Despite the fact that his office is untidy, he and his staff know exactly what they are doing.He has known exactly what to do when other doctors knew nothing!Yes, he might boast but he has good reason to.He is the most dedicated and altruistic doctor there is! No one has more experience than he is! We do NOT want him to retire! He's the best!He is available to his patients day or night, seven days a week.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1900585].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2011

He may be a good OBGYN but he is rude and will tell you that he does not appreciate it if your family doctor refers you for mamogr or other tests. He has no patience and his office is dirty. He should not have been allowed to resume his practice after his stroke. He should be inspected by the Ontario College of Physicians.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1900584].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Sim for 28 years and had two sons that were born under his watch. He is by far the smartest and most dedicated doctor that I have ever had. I am a Professional and I hold the title of CEO, therefore I hold high expectations of people that care for me or my family. As I read some of the comments about Dr. Sim I am amused by the comments that state that Dr. Sim's office is dirty and the staff is not friendly. The office is not dirty, it is messy big difference and the staff has always been excellent with me. Dr. Sim is by far the most knowlegeable and dedicated OBG in the National Capital Region. He has always been available day and night and weekends for his patients! He has saved an incredible amount of lives in this city. So, let me end my comment with this: "Are you looking for talent?" If so, Dr. SIM is the best! He deserves the respect he has earned as a true doctor devoted to his patients!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1900583].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2011

I'm trying to figure out how anyone could stand to tolerate an office that was so utterly, completely unclean. Boxes of clothing, paperwork, dirty rags, dust, more boxes, dark, etc.; I was so unnerved by my experience I left before my appointment began. The receptionist was bizarre and unprofessional. I'm sure he may be a knowledgeable OBGYN, but I didn't stick around long enough to find out. Truth be told, I'm astounded.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1900582].votes_count ]]