Ratings for Dr. Daniel S. Burrus

I have been having pain for years but didn't have insurance but now that I have I wanted to find out what was wrong with me I got an MRI which showed blackening of my disk and a bulging disk along with arthritis. He was hour and half late seeing me. When he came in I could tell he didn't want to deal with me. I knew him years ago when he was pretty new and I loved him but he has changed so much. He never even read the MRI report he looked at the MRI in the room with me for the first time and tells me there isn't anything in the MRI I told him what about the blackening of the disk what about the bulging disk, he said oh it's not that bad. Well it's not his back so I guess not. I made the mistake of saying I hurt it at work but it wasn't a workers compensation case I was using my insurance but I didn't realize he thought that. If he had only looked at my back he would have seen one side was three times the size of the other but he didn't so here I am, hurting a whole day from work wasted with no answers because he misunderstood me. It shouldn't matter if it's a private insurance or workers compensation it shouldn't matter if he is having a bad day. The only thing that should matter is your patients it is sitting there waiting for you to help them. I was so disappointed in him because I knew him back when he cared about you and no matter who you was wanted to help. Shame on him. Doctors are not allowed to have a bad day because when they do they hurt people. Has for all the great reviews I am sure they happened but I really was let down by the whole wasted day. Waiting an hour and a half to see him was uncalled for!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

I really cannot believe the negative reviews I've seen here .... it's like it's a totally different person! Dr. Burrus has done three spinal surgeries on me ... Two in my neck so I now have C4 thru C7 fused ... Was in misery with severe pain down my arms ... That was two years ago and I've ridden my bike about 12,000 miles since .... Just had another surgery at L1, L2 for a herniated disc ... That was two weeks ago and I'm already back to riding my trainer. Dr. Burrus has always been caring and professional to me and has given me great care ... I have always found him to be very personable so when I read these other bad reviews I just can't believe they are talking about the same person. I highly recommend Dr. Burrus.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

Because of my insurance coverage, Dr. Burrus initially recommended steroid shots and exercises, which brought temporary relief but recommended spinal fusion surgery because they only provided temporary relief. I had both stenosis and deterioration of my spine. I was living with intense pain so I couldn't walk or stand longer than a few minutes. My surgery went extremely well. I followed his instructions and within 6 weeks had no pain and that has continued. He is extremely knowledgeable, explained my condition well and office visits were amazingly quick from checking in, X-rays, and waiting for either the nurse or doctor. I never had time to read my kindle.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

No bedside manner..was very uncaring..I was not happy with the care I received.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

He was a 2nd opinion for me. A complete waste of time. I had my MRI'S with me. He basically said nothing was wrong with me & released me 2 go back 2 work? ?? I knew I had 3 herniated discs & a compression fracture, when I went to see him. Lucky for me I already had an appt with a good Dr on Charlotte. This was not a workers comp claim! Since then I have found out that I have severe disc disease with 3 bad discs just in my Lumbar! And I haven't even got the other results back where there is 2 herniated discs in my cervical & a compression fracture in my Thoracic. Yes I totally believe this Dr has been paid off! Also while I was checking in, this elderly couple was waiting. The husband came up & asked how much longer? The lady couldn't call them before because she forgot their name??

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

rude, uncaring, well only cares about getting paid by workers comp and does not care about the patient. "treats" you, or rather has you come in the office but does nothing to treat you for a few months while he accepts payments from workers comp and then sends you on your way with no solution for your injury.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Unbelievable bad bedside manners and bad treatment from him. He said back pain was probably due to weather related barometric pressure fluctuations. No kidding. Two procedures later with different doctor, I'm doing much better. I sense he disdains workers comp claims. It's hard to say, "You are nuts" to a doctor, but he badly misdiagnosed me.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

Dr. Burrus was very knowledgeable about my condition. His diagnosis, plan of care, and surgical intervention was a huge success. My family is very grateful for the personable and professional care Dr. Burrus offered in our time of need.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

This is the worst dr,i had w/c and he told me there was nothing wrong with me,i had a pinched nerve for over 6 mths and in excruciating pain sent me back to work ,i got a 2nd opinion and had a laminectomy done but have nerve damage now,due to the lack of this dr not caring..he ruined my life!!!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2011

Dr. Burrus. Thanks. You helped me when I thought there was no hope.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2010

Dr. Daniel S. Burrus's Credentials

• Univ Of Ms Sch Of Med, Jackson Ms 39216 (Grad. 1986)