Ratings for Dr. Daniel S. Burrus

Because of my insurance coverage, Dr. Burrus initially recommended steroid shots and exercises, which brought temporary relief but recommended spinal fusion surgery because they only provided temporary relief. I had both stenosis and deterioration of my spine. I was living with intense pain so I couldn't walk or stand longer than a few minutes. My surgery went extremely well. I followed his instructions and within 6 weeks had no pain and that has continued. He is extremely knowledgeable, explained my condition well and office visits were amazingly quick from checking in, X-rays, and waiting for either the nurse or doctor. I never had time to read my kindle.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

No bedside manner..was very uncaring..I was not happy with the care I received.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

He was a 2nd opinion for me. A complete waste of time. I had my MRI'S with me. He basically said nothing was wrong with me & released me 2 go back 2 work? ?? I knew I had 3 herniated discs & a compression fracture, when I went to see him. Lucky for me I already had an appt with a good Dr on Charlotte. This was not a workers comp claim! Since then I have found out that I have severe disc disease with 3 bad discs just in my Lumbar! And I haven't even got the other results back where there is 2 herniated discs in my cervical & a compression fracture in my Thoracic. Yes I totally believe this Dr has been paid off! Also while I was checking in, this elderly couple was waiting. The husband came up & asked how much longer? The lady couldn't call them before because she forgot their name??

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

rude, uncaring, well only cares about getting paid by workers comp and does not care about the patient. "treats" you, or rather has you come in the office but does nothing to treat you for a few months while he accepts payments from workers comp and then sends you on your way with no solution for your injury.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Unbelievable bad bedside manners and bad treatment from him. He said back pain was probably due to weather related barometric pressure fluctuations. No kidding. Two procedures later with different doctor, I'm doing much better. I sense he disdains workers comp claims. It's hard to say, "You are nuts" to a doctor, but he badly misdiagnosed me.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

Dr. Burrus was very knowledgeable about my condition. His diagnosis, plan of care, and surgical intervention was a huge success. My family is very grateful for the personable and professional care Dr. Burrus offered in our time of need.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

This is the worst dr,i had w/c and he told me there was nothing wrong with me,i had a pinched nerve for over 6 mths and in excruciating pain sent me back to work ,i got a 2nd opinion and had a laminectomy done but have nerve damage now,due to the lack of this dr not caring..he ruined my life!!!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2011

Dr. Burrus. Thanks. You helped me when I thought there was no hope.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2010

Excellent in all respects

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Daniel S. Burrus's Credentials

• Univ Of Ms Sch Of Med, Jackson Ms 39216 (Grad. 1986)

Oxford