Ratings for Dr. Donna Miller

The nurse practitioner was great. But the staff was rude, and that's enough for me to look for another Dr. I don't need to be talked down to when I have questions and made to feel like I was a bother.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

I have SO many complaints about the 2 visits to Dr. Miller's office that I'm just going to make this as simple as I possibly can for anyone looking for a GOOD doctor (meaning one who is actually good at practicing medicine, is a scientist and will investigate the root of the problem before issuing treatment, and who conducts their affairs ethically). 1. I waited 1 hour 15 minutes for an appointment I waited 3.5 months for, even though I told them I was experiencing pelvic pain. 2. The PA asked all the investigative questions; the doctor came in merely to probe. Yet somehow, the 3 bills I received reflected the doctor's pay. 3. After explaining my symptoms and concerns regarding pelvic pain I'd been experiencing, I also added that after things were discovered and taken care of that I'd like to have my fertility tested; I'm not sure if I am fertile as I've never taken birth control or had a pregnancy scare. She then laughed and said "I guess you're just lucky" and tried to issue a prescription for the pill for the remainder of the appointment. Yes, after telling her I had fertility concerns, she laughed and tried to put me on birth control, even trying to coerce me into it saying that women who take it are healthier than women who don't and it might help with menstrual pain. Yep, trying to prescribe me something that MIGHT help, but also could have adverse health/fertility effects. 4. Dr. Miller told me that I would receive a call within 3 days with my results, and that if I didn't the results were abnormal. She didn't call, and I didn't get to find out until my next appointment 2 weeks later that there, in fact, weren't any abnormalities. 5. Upon growing concerned about not receiving a call, I phoned the doc's office the next week to see what was up. I was on hold for about 50 minutes, so I drove across the street to the office only to discover there were no other patients in there and nobody cared to attend to my concerns. On top of that, when I asked one of the 2 ladies (office manager Sharon) behind the desk why I wasn't contacted within the time frame I was given (not demanded), she got really sassy with me telling me to wait for the doctor to find the time. I then apologized for being impatient and explained that this was my first gynecological appointment and I had grown anxious over the months of waiting. She then told me it wasn't her problem that I'm 24 and it was my first time to the gynecologist, amongst other comments. SHE then looked at my patient file, instead of a medical professional, and told me I didn't have any STDs (which wasn't what I was concerned about). By the way, she told me at the front desk....out loud. 6. After not getting any answers from the office manager and getting too much of her attitude, I called WHASN to let them know about how this one office manager conducted themselves in a very private, personal setting. They merely took her name, and said someone would call me back to listen to my concerns and detail the issues. I never received a call back. 7. At my follow up appointment, Dr. Miller delivered all negative results, and then asked "So do you want to be on birth control?" I was unhappy she was still trying to push this on me as I'd never asked for it, I had yet to be explained why this would be good for me in general or as a treatment option, and I still wanted her help diagnosing and treating my pelvic pain (which was growing worse). I told her I'd like to deal with my concerns first, but that before we even discussed those issues that I was interested in seeing her in the future at her other office in Henderson because I was no longer comfortable with her staff at the Las Vegas location. She then said "oh yeah, I heard you complained about my office manager...tell me about that." I proceeded to detail the issue to her, which she not only clearly didn't care about but said "my office manager is actually a very kind person, but she's not a medical professional". I said that I understood that she may very well be a kind person, but the interaction I had with her did not show that and, as such, I thought the doctor she be concerned that her office was running that way. I also noted that since she is not a medical professional, she should not be looking at my patient file or delivering results. Dr. Miller then said "I think it would be best for you to find another doctor" and proceeded to escort me out of her office. I even got a bill for that appointment.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

I waited over 2 HOURS for my 1st appt. LOVED the NP. Never met the Dr. (Dr. Miller was listed as my PCP by this office even though I requested another Dr. in the office to be listed because he was on the HMO side of my insurance & she wasn't.) That "mistake" by them (which they said was an "accident" cost me an extra $400 on tests & labs plus meant I had to pay a $40 co-pay instead of a $20 one! They STILL haven't fixed the problem & I will NOT pay them the difference between the 2 co-pays. When I was pregnant over Xmas, the NP was out of town & the staff on duty that week refused to order the progesterone I needed to avoid a miscarriage. I miscarried the day after Xmas after being forced to abruptly stop the progesterone I had been pre-prescribed by the NP when it ran out. (I called the DAY I found out I was preg & every day after SEVERAL TIMES A DAY; to no avail.) I do NOT recommend this office! The incompetent staff could cost you money &/or your or your child's life!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2011

Maybe I'm the only one but this place was awful. I waited two hours to see a nurse practitioner who didn't bother to look at my test results. Then went on to give me a bunch of outrageous and false information about my overy exploding and me bleeding to death because I no longer want to take BC. Complete waste of time. =/

flag | Submitted April 26, 2011

dr.miller, seems very friendly but after you go thru her C-section she insists you have if you had one , She is very impatient I have been suffering 4.5 years because of her ****y! I went to her begging for help with the pain, she turned her back on me! Told me it was something I ate! I know she was at fault because I left the state for proper medical care, and they were in SHOCK at the damage caused by her. If you are in her care I BEG you DON"T let her cut on you, your whole life will be in ruins and there is NO legal recourse you can take in Nevada, doctors can literally get away with murder in this state! OH just an FYI Nevada is #2 for the WORST medical care! dr miller promised me IF something went wrong she would fix it, she lied! PLEASE be VERY careful with this woman she isn't what she seems. She is great till you have the baby then if something goes wrong, it’s as if you never existed! There is 100,000 Deaths a year caused by medical malpractice! Dont be a victim!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2010

I love Dr. Miller. she has a great bedside manner I never felt rushed she always answered my questions. Alway seemed happy when she walked in the room. Took the time to explain things in a way I could understand. She's truly the best.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2010

I've been seeing Dr. Miller for over ten years and yes there have been times that I've had to wait - I feel like she is worth it. She has always taken the time with me and never made me feel rushed. I've recently become pregnant with our first child and absolutely love the nursing staff. I think she is one of the few doctors that genuinely cares about her patients.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2010

dr. miller seemed concerned and knowledgeable. she wanted me to have surgery and I wanted to wait because I was trying a more natural approach, she just laughed at me and told me I'd be back soon for the surgery. I had a 2nd opinion, and they couldn't understand why she would even recomend that surgery.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2010

I was very impressed with Dr. Miller. I finally found a doctor that will take the time to listen when you talk.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2010

I love Dr. Miller. I think her staff is just fine. I have only had to wait once for an hour. Usually its pretty quick. Considering she has leave if someone delivers i think that's pretty good. She always asks if I have any questions and explains everything in detail to me. She's to the point and I appreciate that.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2010

Dr. Donna Miller's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 1994)