Ratings for Dr. David N. Kells

I met with Dr.Kells today and it was one of the worse experiences. I suffered a miscarriage with my first child. When he came into the room he was rude and basically said I miscarried. No empathy or anything. He asked if it was a planned pregamancy and I said no. He went on to state while chuckling that some women dont plan pregnancies and its ok to miscarry. He asked me was I ok with tne miscarriage! Who the does that? NO Im not ok woth losing my baby! I will NEVER EVER see this insensitive undoctor again. I didnt even schedule a followup because I couldnt believe him. I wish I could submit without any stars!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

Dr. Kells has delivered 3 of my 5 children. He is extremely thorough and knowledgeable. He has always taken my health and the health of my babies most serious. He truly cares about you. He has handeled all of my deliveries in the most professional manner. He is brilliant and truly caring. Best doctor ever!!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2014

I am currently a patient of Dr. Kells, although I am struggling with some doubts about his care. I love attending the centering group, because it helps to answer many of my questions, and it is wonderful to talk with other pregnant mothers. The midwifes are also very friendly and helpful (they lead the group). I have heard a number of wonderful things about this doctor, but I have not been impressed when I have met him. He seems slightly scattered and tired. He also never seems to CLEARLY answer a question. I feel like I often leave with more questions than answers. It was also a little unsettling... I have met him quite a few times now, and at my last visit, he asked me if we had met before. I thought he was kidding, but he wasn't. :( It made me nervous, because he is supposed to be delivering my baby in a few weeks. My relative used him, and she ended up having a lot of issues, but it was the midwife who messed up.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2011

I loved Dr. Kells and his whole staff. The centering groups they offer for prenatal care are an amazing experience that I found both educational and supportive. I was trying for a VBAC with my 2nd baby and he and his staff were super supportive, where most other OBGYN's were hesitant and reluctant to discuss or perform a VBAC. He does crack some corny jokes but they are like funny dad jokes in my experience, ones you just roll your eyes at and chuckle and not rude or inappropriate. I would HIGHLY recommend his office to anyone. I mainly saw Ramona (midwife-LOVED her!) for my visits but Dr. Kells did deliver my 2nd baby. He was also the one who came to the hospital to check on me after the baby. No problems recovering, great experience overall!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2011

DR Kells was an amazing Doctor. He delivered both my daughters and I was more then pleased with his services. He has a great personality and really cares for your well beinging and your babies. Im pregnant with my 3rd baby and very disappointed that I dont live in AZ anymore... I dlove for this man to deliver my 3 baby.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2011

Dr Kells was very inattentive. We had a serious problem with injury to my wife during the delivery and he didn't see it. She complained of pain and at two subsequent visits, he said everything was fine. He placed a speculum in her to place an IUD and didn't notice her vaginal floor had been torn away. She had a special nerve block done to help with the pain, so that he could fully evaluate her....and he didn't notice that she now was missing most of the muscular wall between the vagina and the rectum. She developed a rectocele and had to have a surgical repair. He was always in an apparent daze, as if he were sleep deprived. The results have been tragic and I would not recommend him as any type of physician at any level in any country. D.C. MD

flag | Submitted July 21, 2010

If you are reading this and you care at all how you and your Baby will be treated.. YOU WILL NOT, I REPEAT, WILL NOT HAVE DR. DAVID KELLS DELIVER YOUR BABY. I will never step foot in his office again, I refused to see him for my 6 week post-op check. After a horrible labor and delivery Dr. Kells never came to check on me... And never sent anyone to check on me. After what happend to me the least HE could have done was call, Or have a staff member check on me. His disreguard to me and my medical needs were unacceptable. I can not give details all I can say is There are many Doctors to see... DO NOT USE Dr. Kells. His staff was great... Him.. Not at all. If you choose to use him... Good Luck. Plan on regreting your decision.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2010

On numerous occasions Dr Kells made inappropriate and insensitive remarks to both myself and my husband. One, in particular, was after a car accident and I had been admitted to the hospital and was having contractions (8 mos pregnant) at the time, and we called him to consult on what the hospital was planning to do. At the conclusion if the conversation, he half-laughing remarked to my husband "drive safely". Needless to say I was unimpressed.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2010

DR. KELLS AND HIS STAFF ARE THE ONLY PLACE I WOULD EVER GO TO. I AM ON MY 2ND PREGNANCY WITH THEM AND THEY HAVE BEEN THE BEST THEY CAN BE. I WILL ONLY SEE KELLS, VANESSA, OR RAMONA. AND BE NICE TO HIS JOKES!!! I LIKE A DOCTOR TO HAVE A PERSONALITY. HE IS JUST TRYING TO MAKE U FEEL MORE RELAXED. THANK U DR KELLS AND STFF FOR EVERYTHING.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2009

Loved the office and the staff! After reading some of the negative reviews on this site I hed to speak up. I think Dr. Kells is very knowledgeable and really does his best to help his patients.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2009

Dr. David N. Kells's Credentials

• German

• University Of Colorado School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)