Ratings for Dr. Daniel C. Farrell

Would give zero stars if possible. He cares only about himself and not the patient. He broke 3 guide pins inside my husbands tibia area during a computer guided knee replacement. He tried to down play the pins breaking at the subsequent 6 follow up appointments even though my husband had infection the entire time. 5 months after the knee replacement surgery was performed to remove 2 of the 3 pins. But, guess what - Dr. Ferrell had the complete wrong placement of the pins so could not remove them. Instead, he found a pool of infection. Instead of still admitting this was more than his expertise he puts my husband on his 4th round of antibiotics. 1 week after 2nd surgery my husband gets a call with his lab results - he has had staph infection since his knee replacement. 2 weeks later after the failed surgery my husband goes for his follow-up to Dr. Farrell's office. Infection still not healed and what do you know - good 'ole Farrell whats to order another round of antibiotics. My husband refused and told Farrell to call an infectious disease Dr. ASAP (my husband tried to schedule with infectious Dr. himself but could not without a referral). After Farrell talks to infectous Dr. he comes back to room and tells my husband he needs to be admitted to hospital ASAP per infectious disease Dr. So, 2 more days in the hospital and now my husband is on 30 days of daily infusions. I understand Dr.'s make mistakes but Farrell was too proud to admit his mistake was bigger than him and as a result the last 6 months have been a living nightmare. I DO NOT RECOMMEND.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

Serious competence/ethics issues. Did my complete left hip replacement. Made a sloppy measurement error, resulting in having to do a hip revision surgery 3 weeks later. Offered to cover my out-of-pockets as he knew the error was his. He did eat his fee, but I was left to pay for hospital, xray, anesthesiologist, PT etc.=thousands of dollars. Still in PT for pain/scar tissue/numbness from back-to-back surgeries. I strongly do not recommend.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Awesome experience, very knowledgeable and helpful

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

He is very thorough in explaining his course of action he will take prior to surgery. Discusses your concerns and makes you feel at ease. Highly recommend Dr. Farrell.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2014

If you are overweight do not see this doctor. He looks at your weight and starts telling how to lose weight. Doesn't listen doesn't take notes, asked me what I wanted him to do, the proceeded to tell me thing related to my weight, never even examined me. Went for low back pain that had been going on for 4 weeks.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

he helped us when husband fell of the roof and took the time to fix his arm and wrist and helped save his arm and cleared his scheudle to make time for him as it was an emergancy

flag | Submitted April 2, 2007

Beware of this surgeon, the incidences of serious systemic infection are very high.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2006

Dr. Daniel C. Farrell's Credentials

• St. Louis College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1997)

GHI