Ratings for Dr. Sumoulindra T. Bhattacharya

I have been told for the last 6 years that I have a bicornuate uterus. He did my emergency c section bc my Dr was out when I went into labor. It was a true emergency but he ended up having to cut me multiple times during the surgery. I almost bled out on the table and my life was saved. Thankfully. But now 3 years later I've gone to him for extremely painful periods that are irregular and last for longer than normal. He had pushback from the insurance about a d and c and he told me to fight for it myself. Then once we did it, he told me I no longer have the bicornuate uterus and that we won't need to do a hysterectomy after having told me that rhis procedure was required to be completed first. He briefly mentioned ablation but skipped over it and told me I need an iud placed. I told him no. And that we needed to look at other options. He told me there isn't any and that hormones is the only option. Even tho I had already been on them in the past without any change to my situation. He then told me if any other Dr considers it the he will challenge them and that he isnthe chair of his medical group. But that I'm allowed a second opinion if I don't agree but then said but I know every Dr in this town and I will challenge anyone that considers doing the hysterectomy. He needs to lose his license he scares people into getting things they don't need. I'm going to find a new Dr and if he pushed the issue to go outside his own office to track down if I'm getting a survey then I will contact hippa myself.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Dr.Bhattacharya is very rushed and does not explain anything. On my second visit he made me feel very uncomfortable by constantly staring at my chest. I lost my baby (my first) under his care at 19weeks. I was under the influence I had a perfect pregnancy and went in for a regular check up and they could not find my baby's heartbeat. He and his staff showed no empathy and just told me I had to go in to delivery wit no explanation on why or how this could have happened. He gave me no options, I felt confused and hurt. He did not come to the hospital to deliver my baby he told the nurses he was sick!! After he prescribed me Tylenol and his advice to me was to not have sexual Intercourse for 4 weeks. I would not recommend him to ANYONE!! He is HORRIBLE

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

I am going to him and he scares me. He is telling me i going to die! He is diagnosing me with false diagnosis. He is finding every excuse to give me a csection. He is not right and he laughs at me in my face. He is dying to cut me open. He killed someone and i know not to trust him ever!! He is rude and when i asked him why he is worried and he says i don't want to sued because he kill that 47 year old woman on the table. DON'T GO TO HIM!!!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Would not recommend this doctor to anyone! He was rude and never listened to my concerns regarding my pregnancy. Treated me a normal patient when I was considered a "high risk" pregnancy with my other two children. In the end, I delivered 15 weeks early. Very disappointing experience I had with Dr. B.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2013

Dr. Bhattacharya was very helpful and answered all of my questions. He really put time and effort into making sure my experience with him was a good choice. Would return, definitely.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2011

I love Dr. B. He was always available when needed and very caring. I appreciate the excellent care he took of me and my son. He was on top of all prenatal issues I faced, and never let anything slide.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2011

flag | Submitted March 14, 2011

Would not reccommend this doctor.His confidence struck me as lacking.Eventually saw a different doctor for my surgery.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2011

He was a terrible doctor. He never spoke directly to me, only to the med student. We were on medicaid until my husband's insurance kicked in from his new job and we were treated like trash. He lied about test results, tried to tell me I had a previa even though 3 ultrasounds proved otherwise, and I was told he would force me into a c-section for liability reasons even with no risk factors and 3 previous normal deliveries. What a quack.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2009

Dr. Sumoulindra T. Bhattacharya's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)