Ratings for Dr. Leonard Hochstein

I had a consultation today with Dr. Hochstein for a face lift and also a breast replacement. After speaking to Dr. Hochstein about both I appreciated his honesty in the procedures we discussed because it really made me feel that he was a caring doctor and didn't care only about the money but wanted me to understand what I would be getting. After meeting with him and Amanda I knew he was the one for me so I booked an appointment after I left the office for surgery. Nervous but excited for my surgery.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

I really like Doctor Hochstein. He was very nice and my breast came out awesome! Professional staff and his assistant Amanda was so great!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

Let me begin by saying that for anyone who wants to file a more formal complaint may do so with the Florida Board of Medicine (“FMB”), which will then be added to his permanent medical records, and further, will require that he formally respond to the complaint directly to the FMB. Full review on Yelp and Vitals and realself.com Worst bedside manner. Left me lop sided & blamed me for it and said cant fix it. Falsified medical file abandoned me as patient when I ended up in ER from HIS surgery!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

Dr. Leonard Hochstein

Dr. Leonard Hochstein's response
The beginning of this review is accurate. This is a patient with a long complicated history of breast surgery with multiple contractures and assymetry. When I met with her I had a clear plan that included the use of skin such as strattice or belladerm as a preventative measure to reduce the risk of contractures and assymetry. I never told her I could get the same results without it. I stressed this to her on multiple occasions. I cannot understand why someone with such a complicated history would go to a respected breast surgeon and not follow their advice. In these circumstances I would usually refuse to do the surgery. I do not understand why I agreed to go forward without the use of skin but I have regretted my decision ever since. When she says that I told her that I could get the same results without the use of skin it is simply a lie. I told her that I would do my best but that the likelihood of contracture with her history was high and that without the support of the skin the contracted breast could drop lower. On the postoperative visit the patient completely forgot all of the warnings I gave her prior to surgery. I did explain to her that the surgery was much more difficult than expected and to allow the healing process to continue. I also clearly explained to her that one breast was more swollen than the other because it had much more work done. This is standard with one sided contractures. She complained of pain but her breasts looked exactly how they should a few days after surgery. I advised her that I saw nothing unusual. She decided to go to the emergency room where, as I understand, she was basically told the same thing. I agreed to revise the other breast after an adequate amount of healing but what she was asking for were guarantees. This is surgery and no guarantees are possible. All that I said was that I would do my best. I found it amazing that someone who refused to follow my recommendations and disregarded all of my warnings beforehand now demanded I make guarantees that are simply impossible. In her eyes that makes me uncaring and cold. It does not! It makes me honest. The same honesty I gave prior to the surgery. I remember when I was building my first home and my builder advised me to have some additional insulation work done on my home. I, of course, knew better than him and refused to do it because it was an additional expense that I felt was unnecessary. After moving into the home I realized he was right. It cost me twice as much to retrofit it. I did not go on review sites and bad mouth him for not doing the work. I did not blame him because I made the decision against his advice and took responsibility for my own decisions. Leonard M Hochstein MD

Submitted July 7, 2016

I planned a lipo surgery in my thighs, hips, knees and abdomen with dr Hochstein with two months in advance. A lot of irregularities happened, for example my coordinator Jennifer Hiden never called me or answered my messages to give me prep details before the surgery. But in the hour before arriving to the office six different people called me to make sure I had the money. Jennifer excuses were that she has two kids. Absolute lack of professionalism. As soon as I arrived they wanted me to sign a consent. I said I will be happy to sign it after talking to the doctor. The doctor came and intimidated me saying that he could return my money and send me back home without the surgery. He didn't only made me go through the worst two days of my life making me bear with pain, discomfort, disrespect, and humiliation but he also taunted me by lying, deceiving and scheming me. A man that l only saw 3 to 5 minutes of my life, and paid near $6,000, didn't have a proper appointment with me before or after the surgery, l don't even know for sure if he practiced the surgery to me since I didn't see him in the surgery room before or after the procedure and he didn't even sign the surgery papers or discharge. And by the way, they forgot to do lipo in my thighs! My surgery started at 1 o'clock. They were in a real hurry. They discharge me at 2 o'clock with a 16-year-old boy, with no pain medicine. The doctor called me and told me he would return my money and we were going to talk about it in my post op appointment. When I came back two days later to have my post op appointment with the doctor, he wasn't there. He was in vacations! I'm pretty sure all his five stars reviews are us fake as he's certification in the American Association Of Plastic Surgery

flag | Submitted July 2, 2016

Dr. Leonard Hochstein

Dr. Leonard Hochstein's response
Our policy for out of town patients is to have the pre op performed the day before surgery. This patient refused to do so and had to have the pre op done the day of. Our office called her multiple times the day before and even emailed the instructions but if you do not pick up your phone and do not check your email what can we do? The day of the surgery Jennifer told me that when she was able to finally reach her that she yelled at her over the phone. When this patient did arrive she was asked, like all patients, to sign in. I believe this is a reasonable request for someone that we had never met in person. Her response was to yell at the receptionist. I quickly realized I had a very unique individual. I walked into the room, introduced myself, and very calmly spoke to the patient. I explained that it appeared that things were going very poorly and then offered to do something I had never done before. I offered a complete refund including the anesthesia fees. I was willing to pay out of my pocket not to operate on this person! The reason there was no proper appointment before the surgery was because the patient, herself, refused to come in the day before! The patient was kept in recovery over an hour after the end of the surgery. There is nothing unusual about that. Every area that was supposed to have liposuction was done. I did not forget to do any area. The person picking up the patient was arranged by her. I do not know his age but since he was driving a car I assume he had a driver's license. He had no trouble understanding the postoperative instructions and was able to reiterate them to the nurse. All pain medication after surgery was given intavenously and pain medication scripts were given to the patient preoperatively. As I always do I call every patient the evening of surgery. When I spoke to this person she told me that she had changed her mind and that now she wants a refund and if I did not give her one she would write a negative review. I explained that offer was before the surgery but since she agreed to proceed there would be no refund. It is true that I was on vacation the next week (something I do only once a year) but every patient is still able to call me on my cell phone(which she did multiple times) and there is a covering plastic surgeon available for any patient to be seen that wants to be seen. To recap this person complained about not being called when she did not pick up the phone, complained about not having a proper pre-op visit when she refused to have a proper pre-op visit, refused a full refund before the surgery but wanted one right after, complained about the person picking her up when she made those arrangements. If this seems strange it is. If it did not actually happen to me I would never believe it and I can say in all my years in surgery I have never had a stranger interaction. Leonard M. Hochstein MD

Submitted July 6, 2016

I love Dr. Hochstein!!!!!!!! I am so forever thankful for him. He changed my life and gave me exactly what I wanted. Amanda was also awesome. She answered me back within an hour everytime I called or emailed her.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

I'm only 6 weeks out from surgery and what a transformation. I cannot thank Dr. Hochstein enough for my perky breast and flat tummy. I know I'm still swollen but already my tummy looks so much better! The incision is SO small too. I can't wait to get In a bikini; it's been years since I felt and even looked this good! His Supportive staff really helped me through everything. Amanda was my coordinator and she was fantastic.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

After researching doctors in and near my hometown, I decided to make the 3 hour ride to Miami to meet with my friend's plastic surgeon before I made a decision. I knew that she was extremely happy and I had to see for myself. After meeting Dr. Hochstein I knew right away that this was it. I decided to have a full lift with implants. Two years ago (July 2014) I had my surgery and I am still extremely happy. I have sent 3 people to his office and will continue to recommend him. The entire office staff was helpful and Amanda was great with the out of town details. It was such a great experience.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

I had breast lift, replacement of silicone implants, liposuction of inner, outer thigh, abdomen, hips and arms. It's only 6 days since my surgery and I'm already thrilled. Dr. Hochstein was not only helpful, he perfected the issues I had with my two breast augmentations sculpted my body the way I looked before I had babies. He was accommodating in every way and available by cell phone when I had question after surgery. I wouldn't go to anyone else ever again. Amanda, one of his staff members, was more than fantastic! She makes you feel comfortable and brings joy to her office. His office is very well run, proper process, nothing is missed.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

Thrillllllllllled with my breast. So incredible Dr. Hochstein is. He really is the booooob god!!! Loved him and his staff. Amanda was awesome and Christie too!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

I have to say that Dr. Hochstein is extremely meticulous and really recreates your body to a beautiful masterpiece. I never felt rushed at the appointments I had with him and his warm demeanor always put me at ease when I saw him. My Husband is glad I chose Dr. Hochstein as too ;) He has a great team of employees. Amanda is incredible and so pleasant to work with. Nurses and the anesthesioloigst were great too. Huge PLUS that Dr. Hochstein calls his patients and check in with them. Really showed me he cared about me and how I was feeling after surgery.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

Dr. Leonard Hochstein's Credentials

• La State Univ Sch Of Med In Shreveport, Shreveport La 71130 (Grad. 1990)