You may also like

Rate Dr. Leonard Hochstein

Dr. Leonard Hochstein's Ratings

As a long term patient, I feel compelled to respond to the completely inaccurate posting from July 23. He has NEVER been unkind, abrupt, short, or anything other than professional, compassionate and ready and willing to listen. He gives out his cell phone. He can be reached at home if need be. He has NEVER been unavailable or unwilling to meet should I desire. His staff will make sure your needs are met. Over the last 9 years I have had implant revision, eye lift, facelift, lipo, thigh lift and replacement of my very old chin implant . I travel from a very long way away to see Dr. Hochstein. That speaks for itself. Don't hesitate to see him ; he will make you look and feel beautiful!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2880283].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

Dr. Hochstein is nothing but outstanding. His work speaks for itself and his staff is incredible. I was very pleased with my results and felt comfortable through the whole healing process because his staff and Dr. Hochstein truly put me at ease with every questions and concern I had.
I never once felt rushed at all my appointments and really appreciated how the staff and even the doctor checked in with me frequently to ensure everything was healing okay.
I wouldn't go anywhere else. I sent my mother to doctor Hochstein for an upper eyelid surgery and tummy tuck and she too is estatic with her results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2874401].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

The worst plastic surgeon i ever met... His manners are horrible, he is very rude and do not have patience to explain anything to you... He will have a big smile on his face a paint a pretty picture for you on what he is going to perform in you. Once he does the job and you bother him with questions he becomes nasty and his fake smile goes away... Do not go to him!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2874271].votes_count ]]

Dr. Leonard Hochstein's response
I am not sure how to respond to this other than to say that there has never been a patient question or request we have left unanswered or ignored. We have detailed instructions for surgery pre operation and postoperative care. I personally meet with every patient one or two weeks prior to surgery to go over any questions that exist. After surgery we have a team of people to handle any questions that arise. There are patients who call us daily with questions and all are answered. I have never become nasty by being asked any question. On the contrary I want patients to ask us so that they understand their surgery better. Sometimes I am unable to discuss the answers myself but my team is always there. If there is a question they cannot handle I am just a phone call away and instead of using an answering service I give my personal cell phone to every patient. There is something very strange about this review but i welcome anyone to call my office and ask questions. Apparently all of this was not enough for this person and I understand that no matter how hard we try there will always be someone who believes we do not do enough.

Leonard M Hochstein MD

Submitted July 23, 2015

I researched many doctors for my "Mommy Makeover" and was so Impressed with everything about Dr. Hochstein, his staff (especially Amanda), and all of the information that not only his websites offered but his office as well. I felt very informed and had all of my questions answered. I was so impressed with all of the professionalism within Dr. Hochstein and his friendly office staff that I traveled all the way from California for my procedures. After 4 children I have always taken great care of myself but had the obvious signs of pregnancy. I'm almost 8 weeks post-op and couldn't be happier with the results and it's only going to get better as my body continues to heal. The scarring is so minimal on my breasts that they are almost invisible. The placement and scarring on my tummy are perfectly placed and minimal as well, I can't wait to get back into my bikini's and feel like I did before my beautiful children were bright into my life. I will definitely travel to see Dr. Hochstein again if I ever need to have any procedures done in the future and will be highly recommending him. Thank you again Dr. Hochstein!!! I feel like a completely new person.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2874206].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

I came from out of town just to have my procedure done by Dr. Hochstein. I was hesitant to do everything over the phone at first, but after seeing his consistently flawless work, I knew it would be worth it.
Jennifer, the out of town coordinator, was super friendly and beyond helpful with making me feel comfortable and preparing me for the procedure.
I could not have hoped for better results on my breast augmentation.
Dr. Hochstein was very kind and helpful in all aspects including deciding on a size that was perfect for my body. I asked him about doing a little bit of lipo and he told me he didn't think I needed it and he didn't want to take my money for an unnecessary procedure. My breasts are absolutely perfect and I couldn't be happier!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2854801].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

I just had rhinoplasty and I am so happy I had it done with Dr. Hochstein and his wonderful team. THANK YOU!! As soon as you walk in the front doors, you are greeted with open arms basically. Everyone is so nice and always there for you. As soon as I met with Dr. Hochstein, I knew he was "the one". He answered all my questions, and is so honest and tells you exactly what it will look like. I really wanted something natural but still looking like me.

The day of my surgery, I was so nervous but of course his amazing team calmed me down and just made me smile before and especially after the procedure. His entire staff is honestly a world class staff with their stupendous service- Cassandra and Jennifer really went above and beyond for me, thank you!!
The last thing that makes them different from other cosmetic offices, is they always call you before the surgery and ask how you are doing. Even Dr. H personally calls you to ask how you're doing after the surgery. Thank you Dr. H!! LOVE my new nose! Definitely will be recommending everyone I know :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2843450].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015

Everything about my breast augmentation went smoothly, and I came in from Canada to see Dr. Hochstein! I sent him pictures online and we spoke on the phone. His staff were lovely and answered all my questions before and after the surgery. I told Dr. Hochstein what I wanted and he gave me exactly that. He even widened my breasts to give me the fuller look I was after. I am absolutely thrilled with the look and feel of my beautiful new breasts! Kudos to Amanda and Daisy, they helped me a lot!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2841167].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

I was surprised by how professional dr Hochstein was when I met him for the consultation. He got up from his desk a shook my hand and even introduced himself to all my family members. He actually was very engaging in the whole consultation and showed me tons of photos of what my current breast looked like and what could be done. I appreciated him taking the time to really explain everything in detail. After the consultation I than sat in the waiting room to meet with a patient coordinator to go over pricing and the logistics of the surgery. I didn't wait but 5 minutes and I was already brought back to her office. I loved her chairs and all the Art Deco wall art she had displayed around her desk. She went in full details about pricing and even made me feel so comfortable when talking about the procedure and all of the financials. I really felt that she cared about my situation. She even shared her person experience which really helped a lot. I believe her name was Amanda. She then had me try several sizes on with the implants and really explained a lot about the warranty of the implants, brand and manufactuer. I was a bit taken back by how much information and knowledge she really had. After choosing my size I then for a tour by a young girl named Nia. She was so friendly and really made me feel like I was a friend of hers. After leaving the consultation I knew dr Hochstein was the one for me.
My results.. I cannot put into words how amazes I am. Of course normal swelling at first but as they dropped and the swelling went down, they are so symmetric and beautiful. As a 34 female patient I feel like I had the confidence again when I was in my younger years.
If you want any procedure, go see dr Hochstein. They may be a bit of a wait to be saw for an appointment but trust me, it's totally worth the wait. I've never been to any doctors office ESPECIALLY one who's so well known without a wait. The front desk girls were pleasant too and even apologized for a long wait. It's the details like that make the whole experience a++++ I'm my book!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2840169].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Dr. Hochstein has been absolutely amazing. He's so sweet, kind and never ONCE rushed me with any appointment. I totally felt comfortable with him including the staff. My breast and rhinoplasty look so natural. I enjoyed him even being honest with every question I asked and really told me what can and cannot be done. I'm 3 years post op and I am beyond thrilled with everything. Can't wait to have my baby and come back for a tummy tuck next!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2838328].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

Dr. Botchstein. BOTCHED JOB! I am pissed. Went to have a Tummy Tuck with muscle repair in Dec. seemed like a decent guy even though very low key personality. I didn't take his quick consultation with little personality personal because I read about how good he was and assumed he is the professional and small talk isn't needed as his rep speakers for himself. I figured he is busy since his office was jam packed with potential clients/post up visits so it's fine he didn't make me feel 100% comfortable. No doubt about it he makes a great living because he is super hyped up from being on that reality show but my experience is/was HORRIBLE. After visiting him month after month of post visits, finally month 4 he tried to UPSELL me to a new surgery ($8k) and blames my poor tummy tuck results on a little chub on my back. Fact is he did not extend the tuck far along my hips and this caused a horrible ripple effect and door ears on both sides (my results are worst that prior to ...

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2833952].votes_count ]]

Submitted June 10, 2015

Dr. Leonard Hochstein's response
I think this review is lacking some basic information. This was not a simple abdominoplasty. In fact this was a reconstruction due to poor liposuction performed earlier. The scar tissue created tremendous irregularities divots and wave forms. I would say there are very few surgeons that would have even taken on this case and all of these difficulties were discussed prior to the operation. The surgery itself was even worse than I had imagined and the scar tissue was extremely thick including the hips and back area. When the scar is this thick the skin does not respond normally and loses its elasticity. I did everything i could to remove as much of the scar as possible but if it gets too close to the skin it becomes dangerous. The excess skin in the hips has everything to do with this lack of elasticity and, just like with all of my patients, I offered to remove more skin for free. The proposal was for a hip/buttock lift which is a completely different operation and given as an option. I never told this patient that it was necessary but if they are going to ask me about another issue it is my job to offer all alternatives. I see that it is their plan to have more liposuction performed. In this situation I believe this is dangerous and a recipe for disaster and the fact that whoever this plastic surgeon is was unable to recognize the previous scar tissue and irregularities is a testament to how good of a job i did. I am quite sure if they knew the history there would be no attempts at liposuction.

Leonard M Hochstein MD