Ratings for Dr. Hugh Dougall

I am very happy I was referred to by Dr. Georgina Valdecanas to Dr Hugh Brian Dougall to have my ankle problem resolved. I had my surgery last February and followed diligently all the dos and donts. I don't have that pre op pain anymore I'm still in my healing period but I am back at doing most of the chores I have trouble doing before. The care, the patience of explaining to me how my problems are affecting my daily life. I've never been to any doctor who took time to explain everything and show compassion to a patient. Thank you Doctor H.B Dougall. I am happy I went with my gut feeling of doing the surgery and trusted you. I will recommend you to anyone I know 110%. Thank you again.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

I was very impressed with Dr. Hugh Dougall for my surgery. My sister is having the same difficulties as I am. I hope that she will be able to see him as well. I am concerned that she is not able to take the time to do all of the steps necessary before surgery, nor as a single parent is she able to have the time and the money to do so either. She is in a lot of pain. I am so glad that Dr. Dougall is able to help her. I hope that he will make special compensation for patients like this.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

Thanks to Dr.Dougall i was able to avoid a amputation.It has been some four years of treatment..four surgeries thus far..and about 39 trips for my husband and I to go to Peter Lougheed General Hospital cast clinic. Each trip one way being 4.5 hrs.He is a awesome person..and surgeon..highly trained..not arrogant..cares..funny at times....the staff too are excellent.Thanks to all of them and especially to Dr.Dougall. God bless you..God works with and through you. I CAN STILL WALK AND STILL HAVE MY OWN FOOT ETC.A patient from B .C. and just over the rockies..sincereley..Rhonda.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

All I can do is echo all the previous comments about Dr Dougall. I had ankle replacement surgery in 2009 and recently had some repair surgery done, and in both cases he was awesome to work with, and the results were excellent. Consider yourself fortunate if you get to have him as your surgeon!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

DR Dourgall is fantastic, very knowledgeable, and funny. He is interested in your best interests. I had a bunion removed a few years ago which was a big success. As a result my second toe got longer and it was shortened by Dr. Dougall 5 weeks ago. It looks like a big success again. The pin was yesterday removed without pain. I have big confidence in him. Very nice person.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

Dr Dougal is empathetic, actually listens to you. I had two severed ligaments and had been turned down by one orth surgeon due to my age. I am a non smoker, vegan long distance runner. The other doctor looked only at my age (61) Dr Dougal looked at the whole picture, operated and it was successful. He has made my life whole again.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Dr. Dougall is fantastic! He has been understanding, compassionate and knowledgeable throughout both of my foot surgeries and has assisted me in getting help for other medical issues. I went into surgery confident and knowing I was in good hands, I would highly recommend him and feel lucky that I got to see him after so many years of bouncing through the Alberta Health Care system. At last, I have hope that I will walk without pain.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

I have had four foot surgeries by dr dougal and can't praise him enough ! He is so knowledgeable , compassionate , kind and performs magic on feet !

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Always feels like I'm visiting with a friend, who really cares about 'the whole picture'.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

Love, love, love Dr. Dougall! I had severe bunions and other related foot problems I went to three podiatrists (Haverstock, Feldmen & Crosby) - all recommended against surgery saying the risk of complications was too great. I was in pain when I walked a block and at night all I could think about was how sore my feet were. And finding shoes that didn't hurt was almost impossible. I waited over a year to see Dr. Dougall but boy was it worth it! He looked at my feet and said "Yes, I can help you." I had surgery on my right foot last October (Lapidus bunionectomy, hammertoe fixed, toe joints fused, tendons lengthened). Recovery was long (9 weeks NWB) but not so bad. Now my foot looks almost pretty but most important, it doesn't hurt. I'm so happy with the results that I'm getting my left foot done this fall. Dr. Dougall is the perfect combination of a brilliant surgeon and a super nice guy. By the way, if you're going to be NWB, be sure to rent a knee walker - best invention ever!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014