Dr. Hugh Dougall

5 1 4.9

You may also like

Rate Dr. Hugh Dougall

Dr. Hugh Dougall's Ratings

Dr Dougal is empathetic, actually listens to you. I had two severed ligaments and had been turned down by one orth surgeon due to my age. I am a non smoker, vegan long distance runner. The other doctor looked only at my age (61) Dr Dougal looked at the whole picture, operated and it was successful. He has made my life whole again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2898525].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2015

Dr. Dougall is fantastic! He has been understanding, compassionate and knowledgeable throughout both of my foot surgeries and has assisted me in getting help for other medical issues. I went into surgery confident and knowing I was in good hands, I would highly recommend him and feel lucky that I got to see him after so many years of bouncing through the Alberta Health Care system. At last, I have hope that I will walk without pain.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2646604].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2014

I have had four foot surgeries by dr dougal and can't praise him enough ! He is so knowledgeable , compassionate , kind and performs magic on feet !

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2559411].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

Always feels like I'm visiting with a friend, who really cares about 'the whole picture'.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2514795].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2014

Love, love, love Dr. Dougall! I had severe bunions and other related foot problems I went to three podiatrists (Haverstock, Feldmen & Crosby) - all recommended against surgery saying the risk of complications was too great. I was in pain when I walked a block and at night all I could think about was how sore my feet were. And finding shoes that didn't hurt was almost impossible. I waited over a year to see Dr. Dougall but boy was it worth it! He looked at my feet and said "Yes, I can help you." I had surgery on my right foot last October (Lapidus bunionectomy, hammertoe fixed, toe joints fused, tendons lengthened). Recovery was long (9 weeks NWB) but not so bad. Now my foot looks almost pretty but most important, it doesn't hurt. I'm so happy with the results that I'm getting my left foot done this fall. Dr. Dougall is the perfect combination of a brilliant surgeon and a super nice guy. By the way, if you're going to be NWB, be sure to rent a knee walker - best invention ever!

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][2484594].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2014

I had a shattered calcanius due to an autobile accident. I used to be a marathon runner so this injury was very traumatic for me. My surgery was supposed to take 4 hours or so, but Dr. Dougall took the extra time and care to piece back every single piece of my shattered heel. It has been two years and I am back to running again. Not the distances I used to run, but the fact that I am running at all is a miracle. Dr. Dougall is very knowledgeable and kind and caring. I would highly recommend him to anyone. The ladies at the cast clinic at the PLC were my angels and they were very sweet and polite as well. It made a very hard thing to go through a lot easier. Suzanne

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1905204].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

Oct 2004 I broke my heel and subtalor joint. Dr. Dougall was there for my emergency surgery. I just had an ankle fusion from him 5 weeks ago. He is an amazing surgeon. Very compassionate person. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1905203].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2012

I have been worked on many times by Dougall. I highly recommend him. Remember to bring a book to the Tuesday cast clinic.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1905202].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2012

I love this doctor, he's the only person i trust to put cortizone shots in my ankle

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1905201].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2012

I've had surgery twice with Dr. Dougall, once for a partial ankle fusion, and once for toe/bunion surgery and he's amazing. He tells you like it is, doesn't sugar coat things but takes his time to let you know what he can do, and what you can expect afterwards. His staff are great, and the cast clinic staff are very nice. They had me laughing while having casts taken off. That says something. I trust him completely for any orthopedic surgery I would need to have.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1905200].votes_count ]]