Ratings for Dr. Joseph W. Spadafora

I will not go to anyone else. Went to Dr. Spadafora for dry eye and cataracts and he found other very important issues that had to be taken care of..I think hes AWESOME! and so is the staff!!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Dr. Spadafora has knowledge andgood personality. The reason for cataract surgery in both eyes, starburst on lights at night, got worse. Had infection after surgeries. Constantly pain around eyesballs don't go away. Laser treatment after surgery didn't fix the problem and blur vision started after surgery. Prescribed drops didn't help. Referred to a "retinal specialist" who treated me horribly and didn't fix anything.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2014

After being referred late in the afternoon from my eye Dr to a "specialist", the office was kind enough to wait for me until I arrived at 515. The specialist said the same info the first Dr gave to me. After 30 min there they scheduled me to come in for a follow-up the next day at 3:50. I arrived at the office at 3:45 and sat for 45 min until they called me into a room. The male nurse was anything but pleasant & seemed quite annoyed he even had to be there. After a 30 second exam, by the nurse, he left the room stating he would be back shortly. 10 min later a dif nurse came in to get something and I asked how much longer it might be. Her comment was "well if you remember you walked in yesterday and we waited for you. We have 2 emergencies right now." I stated yes that I appreciated that but my eye was important to me as well. I heard the Dr. outside my door about to come in, whispering to nurse, then left. After 1.35 hours I finally walked out. No Dr, NO EXCUSE, NEVER again.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2014

dr. spadafora is very knowledgeable. He answered all my questions and put my fears to rest. I only wish more doctors were as understanding. hard to find such a nice doctor in today's medical world. I am very blest.sos.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

Four people at front desk, not one looked up to greet me. I was on time for an early morning appt., and waited 20 minutes. Total indifference, the staff could not, or would not answer basic questions on the procedures tht were performed. After going into the 3rd exam room, I saw the Doctor for 3 minutes. The laser procedure was 15-20 seconds, but I spent 20 minutes signing endless paper documents, releasing liability to the Doctor. A second visit was scheduled for a simple exam for a new eye prescription for glasses, but was never completed. After waiting 90 minutes, and not seeing the Doctor, I exited that office. Again, total indifference, no one answering my concerns, and a waste of time. I am 60 years old, wearing glasses for nearsightness for 53 years, so I have many years of visting eye doctors, this Doctor and staff are the worst I have seen. When I get the bill, I will contact my insurance carrier, and pursue my displeasure.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2009

Dr. Joseph W. Spadafora's Credentials

• Univ Of Hlth Sci, Coll Of Osteo Med, Kansas City Mo 64124 (Grad. 1982)