Dr. Craig R. Sweet

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Craig R. Sweet

My husband and i had been going to this office for YEARS. I can honestly say from 3 years ago to now it is like a totally different office. We conceived our son w dr sweet through iui in 2015. I am still grateful to him but I can honestly say that’s the only reason I stay at a 2 Fast forward to March of this year we had to do ivf due to my husbands health changing the game. The embryos weren’t graded well and we had a TERRIBLE experience with the staff who has now changed over AGAIN. I asked dr sweet if he would transfer our 3 embryos last month because given the grade and experience my husband and I felt that was right. Dr sweet Spoke to me very rudely and told me : “ we have insurance this is not our last attempt I’m just being impatient.” Also stated “I am healthy and young and only qualify for a single transfer and i can dismiss you from the practice for asking me that.” he didn’t even try to hear me out and I’m sorry threatening to dismiss me for asking a question. A faithful patient who has been w an office for over 6 years shouldn’t be treated that way! Now again the reason we did ivf wasn’t because I am young and healthy. Well ladies and gentlemen our 2 embryos didn’t take! I strongly believe dr sweet is overworked, stressed out and clearly miserable with the staff which affects patient care. I was beyond stressed every time we went in there the billing continues to get messed up and now they have lost the embryologist, and I asked when they are getting a new one was told they don’t know. We will be exploring another clinic as I don’t feel valued or heard in that office. For him to mention my insurance truly upsets me and does that mean he is just in it for the money now because it sure doesn’t feel like he cares about us!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2018

My wife and I went to Dr. Sweet to start our family. He was very professional, funny, and kind. We will be using him again in a couple of years!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2018

My husband and myself love Dr. Sweet and his staff. Everything was explained to us from day 1. Dr. Sweet has some of the best bedside manners I have seen from a Dr and he likes to tell jokes. A month after my surgery I became pregnant without the use of any medication or further intervention. I will be referring other people to Dr. Sweet if theu have any needs he can help with. Thank you Dr. Sweet and staff

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

I was not going to post this because I had to let go of the negative emotions that were quite heavy on how I have felt about myself. I went to Dr. Sweet because he said he wanted to be a miracle blessing to me & my husband and he could provide us Grade A quality embryos very quickly. He insisted that we travel to Ft.Myers to consult with him & have all of my medical testing repeated w him as he did not trust others doctors records & procedures that had verified my general health, uterine health & hormone levels. Even though I had just seen Dr. Silber in St. Louis (very well respected top US MDs affiliated w a hospital). He said his clinic need the same procedures repeated 2 months later. Being positive that this would work I paid the money cash & began treatment. He said it could take 1-2 attempts but not more than that because they had the best embryos of any clinic. I got to choose if I wanted 2 or 3 embryos but on the day of the procedure he & his embryologist said the embryos were sooo good that they couldn't possibly take a chance to put 3 in- they strongly urged me to only take the 2 embryos, they could not in good conscience put 3 in as I would have multiple births & at "my age" I could not afford that to happen for my own health (although women are having babies in their late 40s & early 50s today w healthy twins at that)! The pregnancy did not occur so we spoke on the phone as to what the next step would be. I decided to move forward w another attempt. I paid cash again for the services & he said I could pick 2 or 3 embryos & then when on the table he & his embryologist, the same one, said these embryos are even stronger than the last ones there is no way they could put 3 inside of me & they did not want to skew their numbers so high that they looked like they were not being honest on their records, as they have such a high taken rate on successful pregnancies. So I opted again against my instinct to only have 2 transferred. They were rated grade "A+" embryos. This did not take so we scheduled another call with Dr. Sweet as we did on the last one & of course I was very disappointed. I was going to take a 3rd round & pay cash again but when on the phone Dr. Sweet said, "Jeanine I have a responsibility to these embryos to provide them the best chance at survival & to put them where they can have a chance to live. It's like real estate. you buy a piece of property & you have been sinking money into it & you come to realize that this property no longer is worth putting anymore money into. The property is not going to give you the return you are wanting. It is better to just cut your losses." I was so caught off guard & completely devastated by his comments I couldn't even respond. He said it was up to me if I wanted to move forward to another transfer but he could not in good conscience do more than 3 rounds w me because he wanted to put these babies in a place where they had a chance at life. If you could only imagine where my emotions & thoughts were at this moment. I have never been so insulted & injured spiritually by any person that have called themselves a professional. I decided not to take a third round as I was really battling with emotional rebound about my own self. Two months later I sent the embryo videos & pictures to 2 different embryologist, one here in the US & one overseas to evaluate the embryo quality. Both clinics, reluctantly said they do not evaluate films and pictures because they would need to see them alive in person, but AT BEST they might be a grade B. I then began my healing process about myself worth & released any anger for the malicious things that Dr. Sweet said. I should not have been surprised as he stated that one of my former doctors in Atlanta that I had seen is just money hungry & still working at his old age because his wife divorced him & got most of his money. He told me & my husband this on the very first consultation appointment. I should have known that was unethical & completely inappropriate, but if you are wanting a baby you know just how badly we want to move forward w having our family started. Six months after I decided not to come to the clinic for the 3rd time I received a bill for over $200 for that 20 minute devastating & degrading phone call. I called & emailed to Karina the accounting lady & she only responded with it is a phone consultation fee. My husband called & left a message and we did not hear back from them for another several months when they sent a bill & said it was going to collections- they would not talk to us until this time & she said he is not budging on the fee. He received almost 20,000 cash from us. That was my breaking point. Which is why I am sending this review now. You have a right to know. I was not told that he was charging me for a phone call to decide what the next step would be, as we did this on the last treatment and there was no charge, maybe because I decided to move forward w another Tx. Beware~~~

flag | Submitted February 27, 2018

Good and knowledgeable doctor. He doesn't sugar coat anything, he tells you exactly how it is and he is not after your money. However, his staff makes him look bad. His staff doesn't like to return patient calls. When you ask to talk to one of the nurses they always lie to you saying that the nurse is not in the office or out sick. Then when you pop up at the office the nurse is right there. Crazy staff!!!! So unprofessional.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

Doctor sweet is a good doctor, but not his staff. One day I call to talk to Carina about scheduling a surgery. The woman who answered the phone lied. saying that Carina wasn't there. Then when I insisted in scheduling an appointment to talk to the doctor in person to explain to him how terrible his staff is. That was when she told me to wait, she's going to call her for me. I mean, we are all professional her why lying. Very unprofessional staff!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

Dr. Sweet took the time to explain our condition and make us feel comfortable. We opted to do IVF after years of being unable to conceive naturally, we are now pregnant with twins! We couldn't be happier with out experience.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

Dr. Sweet and staff are all very caring and always there when you need them. After 5 total years of trying and a year and a half out of the five with Dr. sweets we are pregnant with twins. my husband and i are so very thankful for Dr. sweets!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2017

Dr. Sweet and his entire staff were incredibly helpful. They listened patiently, answered all of our questions, and most importantly, helped us get pregnant! I am a teacher, and they helped me schedule appointments around my busy school schedule so that I didn't have to miss work too often. We are both appreciative of the wonderful care we received.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

The staff isn't good at their job. They don't answer the phone or emails, so it is very hard to speak with Dr. Sweet in the first place. We loved our meeting with Dr. Sweet. We swore that he was the right person to assist with our fertility issues, but when the staff does not return calls or emails within the week - it's concerning. I called about a billing issue and got an answering machine all week. At a trip to the office the following week, they told me that the billing person was on maternity leave. Typically, when one employee is out of work, someone else picks up the phone in that person's place. Perhaps their office manager doesn't realize that. We were frustrated enough to find someone else.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Dr. Craig R. Sweet's Credentials

• Southern Il Univ Sch Of Med, Springfield Il 62794 (Grad. 1985)