Ratings for Dr. David Simmonds

Torn ACL..had scope done with no instruction as to what to do afterwards at home. Called his office to talk to him and was told he was on vacation?! Thanks for telling me ahead of time. Constant recurring pain and problems afterward which resulted in a secondary knee injury 6 years later. Thank goodness I didn't go back to him because the surgeon who did the second scope not only took care of the secondary injury but also "fixed" the first one that Dr. Simmonds was supposed to have taken care of. I also found out after my surgery that he was the same doctor who operated on my friend's back, making things much worse for him.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2009

I have known Dr Simmonds for over 34. As a resident at TEGH he was well respected by nurses, doctors and patients. He continues that excellence at Trillium. Great man, great doctor-orthopod. We should be so fortunate to have more like him in the Canadian health care system. He operated on one of my family members who was not a great surgical candidate. Dr Simmonds gave her the opportunity to get better and to get back her quality of life. That was over 24 years ago and she is now 83 and going strong. Thank you Dr Simmonds. By the way I also had the opportunity of working with Dr Simmonds when I worked in the ER at Trillium.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2008

Dr. Simmonds did major ACL surgery for me 14 years ago and I was and still am very pleased with the results. The knee that he fixed is now far stronger than my good knee. It is also worth mentioning that when I went to post-op group physiotherapy, his patients spent on average 3 weeks less at rehab. In fact, I now need my other knee fixed up and I am hoping that Dr. Simmonds will be available. I would highly recommend him to anyone I that I know without hesitation. Thank you Dr. Simmonds for returning me to an active lifestyle. :)

flag | Submitted December 22, 2007

He was very helpful and knowledgeable with my knee injury. He saw me right away and dealt with the injury promptly. I highly recommend him

flag | Submitted April 2, 2007

Let me walk around on broken leg for over 5 months As soon as he figured out that he would make any money operating on it told me to go away I would advise any one from sending friends or family to this man, but these are only my thoughts & you should make your own judgement

flag | Submitted March 12, 2007