Ratings for Dr. James A. Halikas

This doctor has absolutely no respect for honoring an appointment or your time.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

Terrible doctor! Stay far, far away! Drive-by at best.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

I saw Dr. Halikis for almost 4 years, and our average appointment lasted about 10 minutes. I used him purely to renew the prescription anti- depressants I was already taking when I began seeing him. I would never have considered using him for a talk therapist, due to his arrogant nature. On the visit before my last, I saw a family member in the waiting room and realized we were using the same Dr. (no big deal I thought). On my next appointment I was immediately asked questions about my relationship with that family member. I was then admonished for my lack of relationship with this person, and told that I needed to start communicating with them immediately whether that was good for me or not. He had no idea what my actual relationship with them was or the history behind it. I have never felt so inappropriately and unprofessionally attacked by a “CARE GIVER”. I would never recommend Dr Halikis. I thought that I was safe because I was just getting my anti-depressants from him. BEWARE! If you are seeing him for script refills you may end up with some highly unsolicited and abusive “therapy”.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

Insightful, quick to assess, accurate. Runs tight schedule so office usually packed, runs late, and feels a bit like a drive by.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2015

He's not for everyone. He has a different approach to things and sometimes can be a bit intrusive in his diagnosis. However he has really helped me out of my depression pit and the other ARNPs or Therapists he have on staff are amazing. My only complaint would be he is rarely on time and the accounting department is overburdened and occasionally makes mistakes. However, I still think the practice is "little big" meaning small staff, large clientele because he is good.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

MY INTERNIST REFERRED ME FOR DEPRESSION. THIS "DR" DID NOT LOOK AT MY MED LIST AND GAVE ME SAMPLES OF 2 NEW MEDICATIONS OUT OF HIS DESK DRAWER (LABELED IN MAGIC MARKER). THESE DRUGS REACTED WITH OTHER MEDS I WAS TAKING ALONG WITH MY HAPPY HOUR DRINKS THAT I WAS NOT TOLD TO STOP. I SAW HIM 4 TIMES (WITH MED LIST IN HAND EACH TIME) I ENDED UP IN THE THE HOSPITAL AND ALMOST DIED. MY BODY WAS SHUTTING DOWN. THANK YOU GREAT DOCTORS AND STAFF OF NCH FOR PULLING ME THROUGH. THE OFFICE AND DR WOULD NOT ANSWER MY WIFE'S CALLS AND NEVER EVER INQUIRED ABOUT ME (THEY EVEN REFUSED TO TALK TO THE ER DR THAT CALLED WHEN FIRST TAKEN TO THE HOSPITAL. I HAVE TOLD MANY OF HIM BUT HE IS STILL PRACTICING.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2014

I am from NY and saw him as an outpatient after time in the Willough for an eating disorder. The staff never asked for a co-pay and I was told that my insurance was covering all my visits. Then Dr Halikas came INTO THE WAITING ROOM and disclosed my diagnoses and bill, that I was not aware of as the staff there never told me and allowed me to keep seeing Pam, his NP, without payment. That was a direct violation of HIPPA. I later learned that his NP was forging prescriptions in his nbame for narcotics and was dependent on alcohol as well as the drugs, was arrested and served some sort of time for it. The whole practice is corrupt. DO NOT GO HERE. As a now MSW, it is total fraud and corruption.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2014

Dr. Halikas is a wonderful doctor of the utmost competence. He is highly respected in the medical field and by the great majority of his many patients. He listens to my concerns, raises questions as needed, and carefully diagnoses appropriate medications, making changes as needed. Even though doctors are required to limit the amount of time they spend with patients today, he will sometimes spend more time with a patient who has major problems. Wouldn't you want him to do that for you, if necessary? He is also under pressure, because he cares about his patients, and because there are only four psychiatrists in the area, an area with many people in need of care. If you are overly concerned about having to wait, you can always call his friendly staff to see how the schedule is going.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2013

I called the office to check to see if my insurance was accepted and was ASSURED THAT IT WAS. I would NOT have made the appointment if it was not. I arrived 3 weeks later (on a crisis call!) After waiting an hour I expected him to listen to me. He did not. He barely let me finish a sentence and began writing prescriptions. I was out in less than 20 min. with 6 scripts. I felt like I had been run over. I did not fill any of them as one of them would have reacted with one of my current meds & could put me in a coma or worse (checked side effects myself) Now I get a bill for $400 because, guess what, he is NOT in-network (as I was assured) with my insurance company and I have to pay out of pocket for this horrific experience. We are broke having lost our savings toward my cancer treatment, and my hub's hours have been drastically cut. We aren't making ends meet now, yet we need to pay this guy for an appointment his staff assured me would cost me no more than my co-pay!...STAY AWAY!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2013

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

Dr. James A. Halikas's Credentials

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1966)