Ratings for Dr. Edward C. Perdue

I have a non verbal autistic son. The nurse was nice, BUT when Perdue came in, he went behind my son, pulled his head back and pulled his mouth open. I was told he would need general anesthesia for exploratory surgery. Best part was the $5000 price tag. He called me several times to say he was the only special needs dentist around and his prices were fair. AVOID this man!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

My kids have loved going to see Dr. Perdue for the past 14 years! He's always been helpful when it came to explaining procedures that my kids needed. I followed his instructions over the years and my kids have been able to avoid any orthodontic work. His staff has always treated me with respect and I appreciate that they make my children feel comfortable.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

My kids love going to see Dr. Perdue! His office is fun and friendly! We have been patients for over 10 years now and I won't go anywhere else! Dr. Perdue is very straight forward and helpful! Thanks to the care that my kids have received over the years, none of them will have to have braces (unlike their parents)! I have referred many of my friends and relatives to his office and they have all had great things to say about Dr. Perdue and his staff!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

They are a terrible office with horrible customer service. They think just because they are the only ones who take tenncare in this area they think they can push people around. This is a horrible office.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

We have used this office for a long time with our 6 kids. The staff has always been kind and informative. Love Dr. Perdue. He has always been more than willing to answer any questions. He leaves it up to me as to whether or not the kids need to be sedated for extractions or crowns. He was great getting my son in and fixing his teeth that had gotten broken over the weekend, look good as new and my son was fine.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

My daughter has been to this dentist office twice with her 7 year old and has had nothing but BAD experience. The first time they kept her waiting 2 hours past her appt time for a family member who was stuck in traffic. The second & LAST time, not only was she kept waiting long past her appt time again, she sent her son back for "a deep cleaning and to put antibiotic under a cap to possibly save the tooth a couple more years" only to have her son come out crying because they had pulled 2 teeth. There was fore-warning of such and no spacer put in. She met with the dentist and he apologized and asked for her forgiveness. However according to these reviews, he was just placating her. She also had to deal with his "holier than thou" attitude. Her son has never been afraid of going to the dentist, however, thanks to this dentist, that has changed. I was appalled to see that this dentist has NOTHING BUT BAD REVIEWS. She will definitely be checking reviews beforehand now.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

Dr. Perdue has been our family's dentist for many years, and we can't wait to leave. His staff is not only rude, but they are very rough with the patients and even referred to a Latino family as "No speak-a-la English". We paid way to much for a number of treatments that were not only unnecessary, but ended up causing more problems than before! I have even been shouted at by one of his nurses over the phone for missing an appointment, when my child was sick! Stay away from him at ALL costs!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2013

My kids were his patients.With my youngest (8yrs old) he always used sedation.. And I though that it is ok since my son was very impatient (from words of Dr. Perdue he cried, screamed and back talked). I often heard from my kids that he was rough with them, and that to put crown on they striped kids to the chair. Still, I use this doctor since he was first who was able to do dental work on my oldest. But, anyway, now we have moved to different state and had an emergency visit to dentist with my youngest yesterday. I was surprised that dentist didn't want to use sedation first of all. I wasn't expecting that he'll be able to do extraction without a sedation. But... In 10 min all work was done! Without sedation, screams and tears... I couldn't believe.. Now I know what is a good doctor. And feel that Dr.Perdue was a big mistake.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2012

Dr. Purdue and his staff are great. Three kids and NO CAVITIES!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2009

Dr. Perdue is not only way overpriced, but he is far to condescending & curt to be dealing w/ children & parents. On more than a few occasions he has been short w/ me when i simply asked basic questions about options that did not align w/ HIS chosen plan. One of my children had a cavity, he was impatient & rude when I asked if it could be due to certain other foods they ate b/c we don't eat sugary foods-maybe popcorn? His attitude was surprising, but figured he was having a bad day. Nope. We gave him 18 months of our time & money w/ our children & his "haughty" attitude came out on many many occasions. The last straw was his insistence on using valium on my 7 yr old son (who is a great patient). I explained the valium scared him the last time & we were uncomfortable w/ unnecessary drugs. He said my 2nd choice was to go to the hospital to go under anesthesia! I was shocked that his 2nd choice was worse than the first. And this to avoid him POSSIBLY squirming w/ novicain shots?! We left!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2009