Dr. Ariel N. Rad

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ariel N. Rad

Dr. Rad is simply the best. From the first consult to getting the best results in the end he is amazing. His work is flawless and made me feel comfortable through the entire process. I highly recommend to anyone in search of a great surgeon!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2020

Dr. Rad has been absolutely amazing to work with. He is intelligent and makes you feel calm no matter what procedure you're going through. You can tell he genuinely cares. I would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2020

I met with several doctors prior to meeting Dr. Rad, and I knew instantly that he was the only doctor I needed to see. Right from the start his office staff was professional, kind and efficient. I was never left waiting past my appointment time and was never rushed during my appointment. Dr. Rad took a lot of time reviewing my case, asking intelligent questions and always providing thoughtful and honest answers. He even, on more than one occasion, called me at my home in the evening to address some of my questions prior to and after my procedure. He is gentle, calm and very sure of himself, which brings a lot of comfort when you are putting your life in his hands. The way that the nurses in the hospital spoke about him also revealed he is highly respected there as a doctor and a person. It is evident that Dr. Rad genuinely cares for the well being of his patients; it is clearly what drives him. I could not be more thrilled with the end result. Dr. Rad literally changed the course of my life and I am eternally grateful.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2019

Dr. Rad's staff were great in person and on the phone. They made every effort to accommodate my visits and in scheduling my procedure.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2019

Dr. Rad is a smart, talented, and a professional physician with an excellent bedside matters.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2019

For anyone considering breast augmentation (or plastic surgery in general) I am hard-pressed to think of anyone I would recommend more than Dr Ariel Rad. From the moment you walk into Sherber and Rad you are greeted by what have to be three of the most professional and personable front office staff you will ever have the pleasure of meeting. Leslie, Georgeanne and Allison are not only truly polished and kind, but always helpful people. Should you ever have any questions or concerns they get back to you almost immediately to help. They (along with Dr Rad’s nurse) are all a credit to the practice and reflect the amazing patient care you receive with Sherber and Rad. Dr Rad himself is not only extremely knowledgable and talented, but he also has a great deal of compassion and patience, and he truly listens to the wishes of the patient. I had a breast augmentation with Dr Rad in July and have to say it was one of the best decisions I have made to date. Not only in having surgery, but in choosing Dr Rad. I was most apprehensive as I had never had surgery, let alone plastic surgery. From the consult on Dr Rad entertained a slew of borderline ridiculous questions and never made me feel as though I were foolish for asking ( I have found there is sometimes a bit of a disconnect between highly gifted doctors/surgeons and a good bedside manner- this is not the case with Dr Rad. He is a genuinely kind and compassionate person). I told Dr Rad in no uncertain terms that although I desired for my breasts to be enlarged I really wanted them to look as natural as possible. I can safely say that Dr Rad delivered did what I asked better than I could have imagined. I have had so many people compliment just how natural and perfectly proportional they look. (Honestly, if you didn’t know me prior to surgery you would fully believe them to be god given.) I was also floored by how close to painless my recovery was given I had just had major surgery and implants placed under the muscle. Of course, all of our bodies will respond differently to surgery and the healing process, but I firmly believe that mine was such an easy recovery process because of Dr Rad’s knowledge, expertise and talent. It is all well and good if you are a kind person but if you are not particularly good at what you do that can be problematic. However, in Dr Rad you have kindness and compassion paired with incredible knowledge and true talent. I will, without a doubt, be a patient of Sherber and Rad for the foreseeable future.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2019

Dr. Rad is an amazing surgeon; and a warm, compassionate, and attentive person. After losing over 100 lbs. through diet and exercise I was left with loose skin in various parts of my body. Dr. Rad performed my tummy tuck, liposuction of the flanks, arm lift, and breast lift all at one time and he did such a wonderful job. It's been 7 months and I am beyond pleased with my results. I would recommend Dr. Rad to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2019

Dr. Rad was absolutely amazing. He understood exactly what I wanted and really listened to me before advising me on the best path forward with my septo-rhinoplasty. I wanted something extremely subtle and imperceptible to anyone besides me, but to address some specific issues I had with the very tip of nose. His care, professionalism, and the entire experience as a whole was superb. After the surgery, I was completely at ease under his guidance and was thrilled to see that my nose continues to look better and better in the 11 months following my surgery. I believe he is truly an artist, and I 100% have him to thank for my confidence and sheer love of my face for the first time in my life. I also am grateful to have had total comfort throughout the entire process in knowing this surgery is my little secret!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2019

I went to Dr. Rad's office with intentions on determining if he could help with bags under my eyes, other areas of fat on my face, and Lipostructing for stubborn fat around my abdomen. Dr. Rad recommended Lower Blepharoplasty (eye bags), facial fat removal and Lipostructing of Abdomen, flanks. Dr. Rad is humble, detailed, personable, knowledgable and reassuring. He does a great job explaining the procedure and what you may experience during your recovery. My procedure went extremely well, I felt absolutely no pain with my facial procedure, with minimal bruising and swelling. More importantly, I was satisfied with the end result. The Lipostructing did leave me sore, as expected, for about a week but the discomfort was manageable with the medication Dr. Rad prescribed. I highly recommend Dr. Rad, he does amazing work!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2019

Dr. Rad is amazing! Dr. Rad did my face lift and I was nervous at first but I felt so comfortable with him. At only 9 days after surgery I already look like a younger and refreshed version of me! Dr. Rad is truly an artist and such a caring doctor, it’s no wonder all his reviews have 5 stars. All I can say is WOW!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2019

Dr. Ariel N. Rad's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Ariel N. Rad is a Princeton and Duke University educated, Johns Hopkins trained Board certified plastic surgeon, and he is Assistant Professor of plastic surgery at Johns Hopkins. Dr. Rad has membership with the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, and he is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery which, through rigorous written and oral examinations, has vetted Dr. Rad's education, training, professional qualifications, surgical competence, and ethical conduct as having met the highest standards established by these national organizations. Dr. Rad was awarded two Howard Hughes Medical Institute fellowships to conduct research at the National Institutes of Health and Duke University, as well as a three-year grant from the NIH to expand upon his pioneering work at the University of London where he completed a Ph.D. in immunology. In 2003, Dr. Rad returned to the United States to enter the training program in plastic and reconstructive surgery at Johns Hopkins. Upon completion of his training in 2009 Dr. Rad joined the full-time faculty at Johns Hopkins as Assistant Professor and Director of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery where he instructed surgeon trainees in state-of-the-art aesthetic and reconstructive techniques. Dr. Rad has published numerous journal articles and book chapters. While at Johns Hopkins, Dr. Rad and his colleagues pioneered microvascular techniques several of which only 50 surgeons worldwide are skilled to perform. Dr. Rad has lectured on his work at international meetings such as in Helsinki, Finland at the World Microsurgery Congress, the American Association of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery. Dr. Rad is dedicated to his patients and, with his wife, opened SHERBER RAD July 2014 to deliver excellent collaborative care. Together Drs. Sherber's and Rad's approach are centered on comprehensive care and patient privacy. Dr. Rad's top flight technical abilities, paired with a cultivated artistic sense, are the tools through which he is able to achieve exceptional results. He is known for his skill in microsurgery and facial aesthetic surgery, his nuanced artistic vision and caring manner.

• French
  • English

• Princeton University (Grad. 1994)
  • Duke University (Grad. 2000)
  • Johns Hopkins University (Grad. 2009)
  • University College London, U. of London (Grad. 2003)

• Face-lift
  • Rhinoplasty
  • Microsurgery
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Breast reconstruction with flap surgery

• Magna Cum Laude, Mechanical Engineering, Princeton University, 1994