Ratings for Dr. John Kwak

The worst doctor ever seen in my life. Of course I have no reason to doubt his medical knowledge and experience. However, from what he did to my 94 yr old mother few days ago, I have again all the reasons to believe that all those observations & negative reviews on Dr Kwak are very true and relevant. I accompanied my mother to see Dr Kwak for her recent dizziness spells perhaps due to an ear infection. On the day of visit, my mother had already recovered from her dizziness. Due to her age, she is understandably fragile and weak. She was asked to climb up the bed. As soon as she was assisted to sit with both legs on the bed, Dr Kwak immediately, with little or no warning, pushed her down to lie flat and pushing her head further down at level below the bed. This action came so sudden that shocked both my mother and me. My mother immediately screamed with her eyes shut crying that she was fainting, feeling dizzy and nauseous. While her eyes were closed tightly reacting to the dizziness, Dr Kwak, used both his hands and all the fingers to force her eyes to open. The struggling lasted for about a minute and the examination was subsequently aborted. Instead of comforting the 94 yr old patient, Dr Kwak kept complaining that my mother was not cooperating. He said he had already missed the “golden” opportunity to observe how her eyes reacted during the “fall” & this was a sub-optimal (?) examination. In a summary, throughout the struggle during Dr Kwan’s examination, Dr Kwak shows no sign of compassion for his patient’s discomfort. At end of the examination, he ignored my mother’s dizziness and inability to stand on her own. We were asked to quickly leave the examination room to enable him seeing another patient. On our trip home, my mother vomited heavily in the car. Back home, she was bedridden for about 24 hours before attaining less than 50% of her normal mobility level. This is the worst doctor I have ever seen. Poor manner. Poor communication skill. Most of all, absolutely ruthless and lack of compassion.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2018