Ratings for Dr. Andrew Sear

Dr. Sear seems to have time-travelled from the 1970s NHS. Arrogant and brusque to the point of rudeness; his thin veneer of affability isn’t to be trusted. Avoid.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

After my first visit with Dr Sear, I thought I liked him. However, on following visits I find him somewhat abrupt and snappish. I am never quite sure if the appt is over. I have seen two of the other doctors in this practice (both women) and would like to change to one of them.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

This doctor, who was very kind and helpful at the beginning, abruptly seemed to take an active dislike to me and to one of my children. As we are all well-behaved in our family and there were never any issues of conflict with Dr Sear, I have no explanation for his abrupt change in attitude. My son dreads seeing him, which is most unfortunate.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

The staff at Docs on the Bay is fine (or even great); some of the other doctors in the practice are wonderful. I have been with this practice for almost 40 years - but that was long before Dr. Sear joined. Dr. Sear is, as noted below, rude, uncompassionate, unhelpful and bordering on cruel if he takes a dislike to you... which he did with us, although it was the fourth or fifth time I've seen him, and he seemed fine before that. He didn't listen at all to what we were asking, and was making judgments about my child's health and injury before even letting me explain. He then disbelieved me, claiming that my child had not been with the practice very long (in fact he's been there all his life, although that shouldn't matter), and implying that I wasn't being honest. Then, when I was close to tears with frustration, and feeling utterly helpless, he smirked at me and said he didn't know why I was behaving that way. I left with my son, feeling totally weak and un-helped. I will never go back to him, even if it means driving a long way to take my children elsewhere when the need arises.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

I find Dr Sear to be brusque to the point of rudeness, bordering on unprofessional if he takes a dislike to you )for reasons only known to himself). He is a good doctor of medecine but lacks empathy and kindness.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

I called reception to register a family member with Dr. Sear, because their web site said he was accepting patients. After hearing the advanced age of my family member, the receptionist said Dr. Sear was not taking new patients and that there was no waiting list. I then asked about the clinic's walk-in appointments, which they advertise as working under "an open door policy" and the receptionist got very angry and repeatedly interrupted me and accused me of trying to sneak into their clinic. I asked in confusion if their walk in appointments were open to the public or not and the receptionist refused to answer and kept yelling that I could not come to the walk-in appointments. I asked the receptionist's name (so I could make a formal complaint about her disrespectful behaviour) and she refused to tell me her name. Finally she said she would have the clinic director call me. Two weeks later he has not called. Meanwhile, later on the same day I was told this doctor's practice was closed, my friend registered herself and two children as new patients. My friends who are doctors think this was about money - it's less profitable and harder work to treat elders than young, healthy people. Unfortunately, since the director never bothered to follow up I do not know what was going on with this clinic, though presumably whatever the receptionist was doing was directed by Dr Sear. I know only that I was treated with more aggression and disrespect than I have ever experienced, by far, in any similar situation. Stay away from this place, they are creeps.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

i have severe mental health issues and he refused to medicate me with the medicine ive been adminsterred for yeares instead it was his idea to call the police completely out of his field of expertieze very condescending for someone who knew nothing they were talkig about

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

How lucky can we be, amazing doc, lifetime of experience, listens, knowledgable , so happy to have joined his practice , before he is full! Great staff! Great office! Thank you

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014