Ratings for Dr. Juliyana Romey

Dr Romey is such an extremely helpful and caring doctor! She is very polite and thorough in her examinations and diagnosis', I would recommend her to anyone who wants a doctor that is extremely intelligent and capable at her job. Some reviews you read her tell you how she refused to take into consideration the patients own opinion, I think these claims are very stupid as most of these patients come asking for drugs and medicine when they honestly don't need it. A bad doctor would give these kind of patients all the drugs they wanted, and contribute to creating strains of bacteria resistant to many types of antibiotics, but Dr Romey is very careful and will not prescribe you anything you don't need. So if you are looking for a dumb doctor to just listen and obey your every request for drugs, then I suggest you stay away. But if you want someone who is very capable and a very outstanding doctor, then Dr Juliyana Romey is the obvious number one choice!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2018

Dr. Romey is my family doctor and I think she is one of the best doctor I’ve had. I went to a local walk in clinic and as I had some health issues. She was kind of enough to take me on as a patient. She is genuine and really cares about her patients. She listens to my concerns and takes the time to discuss my test results on my visits. I would follow Dr. Romey to any new practice if she moved from her POCO or New Westminster walk in clinic.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2018

Dr. Romey is an incredibly sweet and kind woman who does a good job of not passing judgement however I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who finds her dismissive. I've been seeing her for almost 1.5 years about mental health issues that have progressively gotten worse only to leave each time with recommendations to essentially "eat healthy and exercise". (I assure you, as soon as I started to feel poorly I focused on that and only came in after finding it didn't help much) I feel like she genuinely cares but is quite strongly against the use of medication as it wasn't until I was prescribed an SSRI after an ER visit that she agreed to even consider it as an option. I feel like my experiences are not taken seriously when I explain that this medication does not seem to be a good fit for me and she is still very resistant to give others a try.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2018

Dr Romey replaced Dr Shaw (who delivered me) and I was a tad anxious about a new doctor. I couldn't be happier - she is so helpful and kind. She has given me so many resources. I would rather drive from Abbotsford to PoCo to see her than to switch doctors.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

Dr. Romey is incredibly average. She follows everything by the book, and is oftentimes unwilling to your opinion about the problems you are facing. I'm not one to run to the doctor as soon as I catch a cold, but Dr. Romey has repeatedly dismissed my concerns about various health problems. Eventually I became fed up and went to a different doctor, in which they discovered I have severe food allergies and a low functioning immune system. Avoid this doctor if possible, I'm sure there are many others who will give you the time you deserve elsewhere.

Submitted February 13, 2017

she is very nice doctor-- we are lucky she is one of few who really truly cares

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Since Dr. Shaw retired, Dr. Romey took over her patients. I am always impressed by Dr. Romey's quick and accurate diagnosis every time I see her. She is very caring, always asking how school is going and whatnot ( I'm an uni student). I live in Surrey, and would rather go all the way to PoCo to see her, than get the crappy services I sometimes get here in Surrey. May God Bless Dr. Romey.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

I recently move to New Westminster, do not have a local family doctor and went to the walk in clinic the closest to home. They do not make appointments but put my name on the list and said it would be about an hour. I came back an hour later and waited less than 5 minutes before I was shown into an exam room. I was there for an alarmingly large and painful cyst on the base of my skull, top of my neck. Doctor Romey's examination was thorough and gentle (like I said, the cyst is very painful and tender). She explained her diagnosis and that a concern was that the infection might spread, and that if so I should go to the hospital ER if it got significantly worse or I developed a fever. She prescribed antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory and referred me to see their in-house surgeon four days later. Here is the part that really impressed me. My visit was yesterday (Friday), and today she called me at home to check how I was doing and if anything had changed or progressed with the cyst. She re-stressed the importance of me going the the ER if I developed a fever or if the cyst got hot or the redness spread. She then asked if I could come in the next morning when they open and said she would call reception and reserve a time slot for me. I was incredibly impressed by her concern and desire to follow up. It seems like the kind of old-fashioned service from an era when family doctors still made house calls. Particularly since I had the impression she'd called from home, given that she said she'd been reviewing her week's files, she had to call the receptionist, and the call came from an "unknown number". I am hoping that the surgeon I deal with is equally impressive and wish this level of concern and caring were more common at walk in clinics in general. Now if they'd only make appointments I'd be overjoyed.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015