Ratings for Dr. Juliyana Romey

Dr. Romey is incredibly average. She follows everything by the book, and is oftentimes unwilling to your opinion about the problems you are facing. I'm not one to run to the doctor as soon as I catch a cold, but Dr. Romey has repeatedly dismissed my concerns about various health problems. Eventually I became fed up and went to a different doctor, in which they discovered I have severe food allergies and a low functioning immune system. Avoid this doctor if possible, I'm sure there are many others who will give you the time you deserve elsewhere.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

she is very nice doctor-- we are lucky she is one of few who really truly cares

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Since Dr. Shaw retired, Dr. Romey took over her patients. I am always impressed by Dr. Romey's quick and accurate diagnosis every time I see her. She is very caring, always asking how school is going and whatnot ( I'm an uni student). I live in Surrey, and would rather go all the way to PoCo to see her, than get the crappy services I sometimes get here in Surrey. May God Bless Dr. Romey.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

I recently move to New Westminster, do not have a local family doctor and went to the walk in clinic the closest to home. They do not make appointments but put my name on the list and said it would be about an hour. I came back an hour later and waited less than 5 minutes before I was shown into an exam room. I was there for an alarmingly large and painful cyst on the base of my skull, top of my neck. Doctor Romey's examination was thorough and gentle (like I said, the cyst is very painful and tender). She explained her diagnosis and that a concern was that the infection might spread, and that if so I should go to the hospital ER if it got significantly worse or I developed a fever. She prescribed antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory and referred me to see their in-house surgeon four days later. Here is the part that really impressed me. My visit was yesterday (Friday), and today she called me at home to check how I was doing and if anything had changed or progressed with the cyst. She re-stressed the importance of me going the the ER if I developed a fever or if the cyst got hot or the redness spread. She then asked if I could come in the next morning when they open and said she would call reception and reserve a time slot for me. I was incredibly impressed by her concern and desire to follow up. It seems like the kind of old-fashioned service from an era when family doctors still made house calls. Particularly since I had the impression she'd called from home, given that she said she'd been reviewing her week's files, she had to call the receptionist, and the call came from an "unknown number". I am hoping that the surgeon I deal with is equally impressive and wish this level of concern and caring were more common at walk in clinics in general. Now if they'd only make appointments I'd be overjoyed.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015