Ratings for Dr. Gavino Perez

I went to Dr Perez (Hamilton, Ontario) for Hashimoto's disease and hypothyroid symptoms after moving from Alberta. He told me that despite knowing current medical guidelines that suggest TSH should under 4(or 3 cant recall), he believes it's not a problem unless its over 10. He asked me in a condescending manner why people shouldn't take thyroid medication if you don't need it; osteoporosis, and heart attack (despite me having a low pulse, low blood pressure, and a heart scan that proved 100% healthy). He did not look at my antibodies. And even though I've been on 150mg of NDT for almost a year now, he's not sure I have a thyroid problem, he assumes that my previous endo (in AB) was unsure that i had a problem because he started me on a low dose (despite that being mandatory) and wants me to not wean off my medicine but go off COLD TURKEY. Retest my thyroid in 4 weeks, and then decide what to do. No suggestion what would cause my symptoms (none of which are hyper, just hypo, no explanation as to why i have 4x's the antibodies i have, and no issue with the cocktail of other prescription drugs I take for sleeping and mood. Does not care that before my medication for thyroid my pulse was only 50, my blood pressure was dangerously low and caused me to be hospitalized. The fact he's using outdated obsolete medical standards, accused me of making up my endo's diagnosis (and not reviewing the official blood work/medical records I have), gave me no explanation for my symptoms, or antibodies, and wants me to risk withdrawal symptoms into an extreme hypo-state. I will be looking for a 2nd opinion.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016