You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Richard Chan

BE AWARE! If WCB refers you to this doc ask for another. He's unethical and all for lying for WCB. Will even call other docs incompetent with their diagnosis or readings. Said my MRI was read all wrong by a radiologist who doesn't know what he's doing and that is why he is doing his own readings. Said he doesn't trust radiologists and he couldn't see any injuries on my MRI. That's what radiologists do for a living not this guy! Saw more than one GP that confirmed my injury and one who even stated this Dr. Chan is not being truthful. The BC COLLEGE OF PHYSICIANS SHOULD BE INVESTIGATING THIS DOCTOR!! A false, untruthful diagnosis can lead to wrong treatment and more damage. Apparently WCB can get away with everything!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2016

I would never recommend him to anyone . He is completely d@$k !!!. He treated me like I was nobody and could't understand him 50% what he says. Just waisted my time and money going to a such unprofessional doctor.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Great surgeon But a complete rude jerk in his office ! Does not listen, contradicts what he says and mumbles so bad you have a hard understanding what he said in the first place! After pro disc C surgery he wanted me to go back to work after one month because I mentioned a light duty program at my work. Complete jerk so if you have him as your surgeon I recommend taking earplugs with you when you go into his office.its btter to just nod your and agree then leave in a rage.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

TerribleterribleterribleterribleterribleterribleTerrible

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

this doctor came very recommended. I was in quick to see him, by getting on his cancellation list, and will have back surgery done by him. He was very nice, thorough, efficient, and his assistant, Andra has been awesome. Feel very lucky to have such a skilled smart doctor on my team. Will update after surgery in 6 months

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

He saved my mom's life, he is an amazing surgeon and one of the smartest doctors I've encountered. He offered sound advice towards the surgery, answered all our questions and most importantly he pulled off a successful surgery! He is prompt with his time and my mom adores him, count yourself lucky if you get him as your neurosurgeon!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

Both my brother and myself have had our backs operated on by Dr. Chan. I have had one surgery and my brother has had two. It was a very long wait list to get an appointment, but as my condition worsened, Dr Chan fit me in much sooner. He is not all squishy and sympathetic as we would like all our Drs to be, but he is a genius in his field. Hopefully I will never need surgery again, but if I do, I will not see anyone except Dr Chan.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

I AM AN INJURED WORKER LIVING IN PRINCE GEORGE BC. I ATTENDED TWO SCHEDULED APPOINTMENTS WITH CHAN AT THE RICHMOND WCB CLINIC. HIS MEDICAL DIAGNOSTIC REPORTS TO WORKSAFE BC CONTRADICTED OUR CONVERSATIONS. WORDING IN HIS REPORTS CHANGED AND SPECIFIC DETAILS APPEARED TO BE CONVENIENTLY LEFT- OUT. THE CONDUCT OF THIS DOCTOR IS SUSPICIOUS AND HAS PROMPTED A PUBLIC CONCERN REGARDING INJURED WORKER WCB CLAIMS. ANY INJURED WORKERS WITH EXISISTING WCB CLAIMS SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION WITH CHAN. I WOULD RECOMMEND RECORDING ANY AND ALL CONVERSATIONS WITH THIS INDIVIDUAL. IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS REGARDING PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT REFER TO THE COLLEGE OF PHYSICIANS AND SURGEONS OF BRITISH COLUMBIA WEBSITE. CLICK ON-ADVERTISING AND COMMUNICATION WITH THE PUBLIC-CONFLICT OF INTEREST-CODE OF ETHICS AND THE HEALTH PROFESSIONALS ACT. IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS REGARDING OTHER PHYSICIANS (MEDICAL ADVISORS) INVOLVED WITH WORKSAFE B.C. REGARDING THEIR INVOLVEMENT WITH DECISSION LETTERS DRAFTED BY CASE WORKERS...IMMEDIATLY REPORT ANY SUSPICIOUS BEHAVIOR TO THE COLLEGE OF PHYSICIANS AND SURGEONS OF B.C. THERE ARE CURRENTLY SEVERAL PENDING INVESTIGATIONS INTO WORKSAFE B.C. BUSINESS PRACTICES THAT ARE FOCUSSED ON DIRECT LINKS TO UNCONSCIONABLE TREATMENT OF INJURED WORKERS BY WORKSAFE B.C. CAUSATION OF INJURED WORKER SUICIDES IS ALSO ALLEGEDLY LINKED TO WORKSAFE B.C. PREMEDITATED- DELIBERATE METHODS-POLICIES AND BUSINESS PRACTICES. WOW DOES THIS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH PROTECTING THEIR 70 BILLION DOLLAR BANK ACCOUNT...!!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

Dr. Richard Chan's Credentials

MSP/BC Med
Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "BE AWARE! If WCB refers you to this doc ask for another. He's unethical and all for lying for WCB. Will even call other docs incompetent with their diagnosis ..."

May 7, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I would never recommend him to anyone . He is completely d@$k !!!. He treated me like I was nobody and could't understand him 50% what he says. Just waisted my ..."

March 29, 2016
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Great surgeon But a complete rude jerk in his office ! Does not listen, contradicts what he says and mumbles so bad you have a hard understanding what he said i..."

March 24, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Had back operation 5 yrs ago andstill experiencing back pain, nerve damage to both legs and now collapsing due to leg pain. not recommended"

March 22, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "saved my life; 4 times in one hospital stay; eccentric, but plain talking; forever in his debt."

March 14, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "TerribleterribleterribleterribleterribleterribleTerrible"

February 21, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "this doctor came very recommended. I was in quick to see him, by getting on his cancellation list, and will have back surgery done by him. He was very nice, t..."

November 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He saved my mom's life, he is an amazing surgeon and one of the smartest doctors I've encountered. He offered sound advice towards the surgery, answered all o..."

August 26, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V5K0" to "97225". Address has been updated from "None" to "9205 Southwest Barnes Road". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "15032166338".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Both my brother and myself have had our backs operated on by Dr. Chan. I have had one surgery and my brother has had two. It was a very long wait list to get ..."

May 14, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I AM AN INJURED WORKER LIVING IN PRINCE GEORGE BC. I ATTENDED TWO SCHEDULED APPOINTMENTS WITH CHAN AT THE RICHMOND WCB CLINIC. HIS MEDICAL DIAGNOSTIC REPORTS TO..."

May 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. " I WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR THIS DOCTOR. I TOOK A BRAIN IMPACT THAT CAUSED MASSIVE TRAMITIC BRAIN DAMAGE. HE FIXED ME AND SAID ID MAKE 100 PERCENT FULL RECOVERY, ..."

March 7, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "The guy is a complete d#$k before he examined me he already told my fiance what his opinion was about my injury. He did surgery on my back 2 years ago and he wa..."

February 11, 2015