You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Richard Chan

this doctor came very recommended. I was in quick to see him, by getting on his cancellation list, and will have back surgery done by him. He was very nice, thorough, efficient, and his assistant, Andra has been awesome. Feel very lucky to have such a skilled smart doctor on my team. Will update after surgery in 6 months

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

He saved my mom's life, he is an amazing surgeon and one of the smartest doctors I've encountered. He offered sound advice towards the surgery, answered all our questions and most importantly he pulled off a successful surgery! He is prompt with his time and my mom adores him, count yourself lucky if you get him as your neurosurgeon!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

Both my brother and myself have had our backs operated on by Dr. Chan. I have had one surgery and my brother has had two. It was a very long wait list to get an appointment, but as my condition worsened, Dr Chan fit me in much sooner. He is not all squishy and sympathetic as we would like all our Drs to be, but he is a genius in his field. Hopefully I will never need surgery again, but if I do, I will not see anyone except Dr Chan.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

I AM AN INJURED WORKER LIVING IN PRINCE GEORGE BC. I ATTENDED TWO SCHEDULED APPOINTMENTS WITH CHAN AT THE RICHMOND WCB CLINIC. HIS MEDICAL DIAGNOSTIC REPORTS TO WORKSAFE BC CONTRADICTED OUR CONVERSATIONS. WORDING IN HIS REPORTS CHANGED AND SPECIFIC DETAILS APPEARED TO BE CONVENIENTLY LEFT- OUT. THE CONDUCT OF THIS DOCTOR IS SUSPICIOUS AND HAS PROMPTED A PUBLIC CONCERN REGARDING INJURED WORKER WCB CLAIMS. ANY INJURED WORKERS WITH EXISISTING WCB CLAIMS SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION WITH CHAN. I WOULD RECOMMEND RECORDING ANY AND ALL CONVERSATIONS WITH THIS INDIVIDUAL. IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS REGARDING PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT REFER TO THE COLLEGE OF PHYSICIANS AND SURGEONS OF BRITISH COLUMBIA WEBSITE. CLICK ON-ADVERTISING AND COMMUNICATION WITH THE PUBLIC-CONFLICT OF INTEREST-CODE OF ETHICS AND THE HEALTH PROFESSIONALS ACT. IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS REGARDING OTHER PHYSICIANS (MEDICAL ADVISORS) INVOLVED WITH WORKSAFE B.C. REGARDING THEIR INVOLVEMENT WITH DECISSION LETTERS DRAFTED BY CASE WORKERS...IMMEDIATLY REPORT ANY SUSPICIOUS BEHAVIOR TO THE COLLEGE OF PHYSICIANS AND SURGEONS OF B.C. THERE ARE CURRENTLY SEVERAL PENDING INVESTIGATIONS INTO WORKSAFE B.C. BUSINESS PRACTICES THAT ARE FOCUSSED ON DIRECT LINKS TO UNCONSCIONABLE TREATMENT OF INJURED WORKERS BY WORKSAFE B.C. CAUSATION OF INJURED WORKER SUICIDES IS ALSO ALLEGEDLY LINKED TO WORKSAFE B.C. PREMEDITATED- DELIBERATE METHODS-POLICIES AND BUSINESS PRACTICES. WOW DOES THIS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH PROTECTING THEIR 70 BILLION DOLLAR BANK ACCOUNT...!!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

I WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR THIS DOCTOR. I TOOK A BRAIN IMPACT THAT CAUSED MASSIVE TRAMITIC BRAIN DAMAGE. HE FIXED ME AND SAID ID MAKE 100 PERCENT FULL RECOVERY, WHICH ILL HAVE TO WORK AT A LITTLE BUT NOTHING COMPARED TO HIS SCHOOLING, EXPERIENCE,SKILL....IM SERVED....HES A FINE TUNNING RACE MACHANIC, NOT THE WASH BOY! .....IF YA REQUIRE SPECIAL BED TIME SISSY GENTLE TALK, GO TO STARBUCKS WITH A BANK CARD, BUT YOUR NOT WANTING TO HEAR WHAT HE CASH PEOPLE ARE THINKING...... " HERES 2 BUCKS, I NEED A DARK". CONSIDERING THE CONDITION OF THE SOLDIER FROM THE AXE ATTACK, IM SURE GLAD I GOT CHAN! A DOCTOR THAT RECIEVES FLY INS FROM ALBERTA!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2015

The guy is a complete d#$k before he examined me he already told my fiance what his opinion was about my injury. He did surgery on my back 2 years ago and he was a d$%k then as well. He is a Wcb puppet as he has no other patients and what's with the three stooges hair cut I can't wait to meet him on the streets and give him a piece of my mind

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Chan and I was very worried to see him b/c of some of the comments on here about his bedside manner. I have to say I had such a positive experience. I didn't have an appt. but Dr's were worried that I had Cauda Equina Syndrome and that is very serious. Anyway, there was no appt's for months but b/c this is a condition that can paralyze you he made sure to fit me in. He came straight from surgery to his office. He's efficient, thorough and answered all of my questions without hesitation.I'm not thin but he did not belittle me b/c I have a few pounds to lose.Happy news is I do not need surgery but if I did, this is the guy I'd want to do it. You're in good hands, and he even smiled at me twice during the appointment.We're lucky to have this guy in BC!! :-)

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

I had a cyst (benign tumor). It was my choice to either disregard it or have it removed from my head. I was told that if it was not removed and became cancerous it would spread into the sinuses and there would be nothing the doctors could do to remove it. I agreed to the surgery. The doctors were very quick in scheduling the surgery within a month and removing the cyst. I have had a scan every year for the past five year to ensure the benign tumor has not come back. After the first two years Dr. Chan could have said no more scans. But he went above and beyond his job to ensure that I am free and clear of a cancerous tumor. He really listens to his patients and he really cares about the well being of each patient. This man is saving lives. He should be acknowledged for the work he does.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

Somewhat strange set-up. Staff do not start until 9AM but office opens up at 7:30, with Dr. Chan there alone. Very matter of fact, unemotional delivery of his services. Would have preferred a somewhat more concise recommendation. Seems knowledgeable, no pressure to make a decision. Gives you options.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2013

Dr. Richard Chan's Credentials

MSP/BC Med
Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "this doctor came very recommended. I was in quick to see him, by getting on his cancellation list, and will have back surgery done by him. He was very nice, t..."

November 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He saved my mom's life, he is an amazing surgeon and one of the smartest doctors I've encountered. He offered sound advice towards the surgery, answered all o..."

August 26, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V5K0" to "97225". Address has been updated from "None" to "9205 Southwest Barnes Road". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "15032166338".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Both my brother and myself have had our backs operated on by Dr. Chan. I have had one surgery and my brother has had two. It was a very long wait list to get ..."

May 14, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I AM AN INJURED WORKER LIVING IN PRINCE GEORGE BC. I ATTENDED TWO SCHEDULED APPOINTMENTS WITH CHAN AT THE RICHMOND WCB CLINIC. HIS MEDICAL DIAGNOSTIC REPORTS TO..."

May 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. " I WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR THIS DOCTOR. I TOOK A BRAIN IMPACT THAT CAUSED MASSIVE TRAMITIC BRAIN DAMAGE. HE FIXED ME AND SAID ID MAKE 100 PERCENT FULL RECOVERY, ..."

March 7, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "The guy is a complete d#$k before he examined me he already told my fiance what his opinion was about my injury. He did surgery on my back 2 years ago and he wa..."

February 11, 2015