Ratings for Dr. Mark Simpson

I saw Mark in respect of epilepsy. He was thorough and keen to help my seizure control. He explained in depth the various medication options and possible side effects. He cared! He is going to report in detail the options to my GP so management will be easier in the future. I left the appointment feeling very satisfied and optimistic. He was open to any questions I had.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2019

I had him as my neurologist in the public system having sezuires with terrible migraines I got it was between my ears and need a pyshic review because i was putting it on this was in January. Saw his colleague who is just like him. Won't do testing even though my sx have changes over 6 yrs and im not the same since having the seizures. I am in the middle of finding a private 2nd opinion. He blamed my partner everyone wouldn't listen rude arrogant left me in hospital took his sweet time and doesn't not care.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2019

Please do not, do not go to this Doctor. He is very rude,arrogant and your opinion does not matter at all. I dont know where he got his qualification from but he should not be in this field of work. Its very dangerous to have a Doctor like him as they make up what only he thinks not your opinion his. And he will write rubbish that will make you feel so distraught. So please do not, do not see this Doctor. If you get him cancel your appointment and ask to see someone else.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2019

I am another fellow doctor - very rude and condescending hung up on me when discussing a patient management plan - a lesson in what NOT to do as a doctor.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2019

As most other people have commented, Mark is rude, makes it very clear meeting with you is a waste of his time when he has other people to see. He's not going to waste time "making you perfect when your good enough how you are".

flag | Submitted April 17, 2019

As all the negative previous reviews have said, he’s arrogant doesn’t know what he’s talking about and makes you feel dumb and weak. The DHB need to cut him, there are better neurologists out there.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2019

Great listener, understanding and consoling. Most professional with excellent medical advice

flag | Submitted March 10, 2019

I have found Mark to be very professional in my interactions with him. When I have experimented with my medications for Parkinson’s, he has been open and supportive. He has also been very open to my wife attending appointments and challenging him with ideas about alternative treatments. I have found him to cut to the core quickly, be direct and focused - a style that suits my wife and I

flag | Submitted November 29, 2018

I am a fellow doctor. Mark is extremely condescending and unhelpful. He lazy and dismissive, is not open to discussing patients in a constructive manner, and has extremely poor interpersonal skills.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2018

After an appointment with Dr Simpson today I have to say I was quite impressed with his efficiency in being able to portray arrogance, condescension and lack of willingness to consider another perspective other than his own (backed by 10 years of training of course) as a well honed package deal. Must say it was quite the experience. May I suggest if he were to remove his head from his arse I am sure a bit of sunlight would do him the world of good.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2018

Dr. Mark Simpson's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.