Ratings for Dr. Mark Simpson

I have found Mark to be very professional in my interactions with him. When I have experimented with my medications for Parkinson’s, he has been open and supportive. He has also been very open to my wife attending appointments and challenging him with ideas about alternative treatments. I have found him to cut to the core quickly, be direct and focused - a style that suits my wife and I

flag | Submitted November 29, 2018

I am a fellow doctor. Mark is extremely condescending and unhelpful. He lazy and dismissive, is not open to discussing patients in a constructive manner, and has extremely poor interpersonal skills.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2018

After an appointment with Dr Simpson today I have to say I was quite impressed with his efficiency in being able to portray arrogance, condescension and lack of willingness to consider another perspective other than his own (backed by 10 years of training of course) as a well honed package deal. Must say it was quite the experience. May I suggest if he were to remove his head from his arse I am sure a bit of sunlight would do him the world of good.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2018

I am baffled by some of the negative comments below. Mark has consistently displayed the highest level of respect, empathy, kindness, and expertise in my engagements with him. He has treated me as a whole person, not just a patient. He was very kind to both me and my wife, making sure that we both understood and were comfortable with the available treatment options and his recommended approach. My family and I have experienced a range of significant health challenges over the past 20 years, and Mark is one of the best specialists we have consulted. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2018

Mark came to the appointment unprepared without looking at patient's notes. Condescending, arrogant, lacked empathy. However, did appear to be very attracted to my husband. We were both unimpressed by his overall lack of professionalism. From what I have seen I believe this man has a personality disorder. If you are able to change neurologists please do. As patients we deserve to be treated with respect and to receive a competent service.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2018

We have no choice but to use this doctor. He is arrogant and completely lacking in compassion and inter people skills. He is unable to converse with a patient without becoming aggressive and domineering. Having a chronic illness is stressful enough without having to deal with this arrogant little prat. Find somebody else if you can.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2018

Is hopeless at follow up and updating fellow medical staff. Poor service

flag | Submitted August 16, 2018

You will note that I have not rated Mark. He is unrateable, This man has a personality disorder.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2018

A very sad and unhelpful consultation had by my husband .. experimented with his meds and when he informed Dr Simpson of the horrific side-effects he bothered with a note to his receptionist which she forwarded to my husband. A total waste of time and money.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2018

Dr Simpson is my husbands neurologist. Great knowledge of parkinsons. and always gives great advice. WE have been under the care of Dr Simpson for a number of years and glad we are.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2018